Every time I install a new theme I have to take the time and place all of my icons back to where I want them. Is there a reason why the icon placement can't be saved? It would be a time saver if icon placement could be saved from one theme to another. Just curious. Thanks.
    01-16-10 07:17 AM
    Haven't figured that out, I go through the samething even with my own themes and I have tried looking in "Theme Builder" to see if there is a way to "lock" them.
    01-16-10 09:02 AM
    Thar be crickets here.
    I'm wondering if Theme Developers don't have a answer to the question.
    01-17-10 09:29 AM
    \
    i believe it has something to do with application hierarchy and how the theme builder set it up. i can make all my themes the same way and change how and where they sit on the phone so every theme i make there in the same spot and i dont have to move them every time i load a new one.
    Thanks for your reply.
    If I understand what you wrote, there is a way to design a theme so the app icons remain in the original position of the replaced theme? If that is the case why aren't more themes designed to retain the user placed icon positions?
    01-18-10 08:13 AM
    [QUOTE=hondaeatingtsi;4514492]it all depends on how the theme is made. it wont retain the place YOU moved them to but where they and in the app order when the theme is made. if i make a theme and want the icons in a certin spot i can change the hierarchy. if i changed this to be the same for all MY themes i made every theme i make the icons would be in the same spot and i would not have to move them. but there is no way to create a theme that once installed would leave the icons where you put them from another theme. when i get a chance i will take a screen shot of theme builder and show you what i am talking about.[/QUOTE]

That will be great, thanks. I installed Theme Builder. I thought I would dabble in making a theme, however I have a lot to learn.
    01-18-10 11:35 AM
    here is a screen shot. the circled button is what you need to push to change the list. on the right is the list you can drag and reorder and when the theme is made that is the way they will show up when first loaded. hope this helps.
    Thanks for the advice/help. It is appreciated.
    01-19-10 02:23 PM
    not a problem. i have only been making themes for a little bit and mostly for my self. but i will help with what i know.
    Now you're asking for it. Well I have alot to learn..should be fun. Thanks.
    01-19-10 03:15 PM
    You can't make a theme that takes on the same hierarchy as the previously installed theme. You can edit themes (if you have their .thm) on your own to set the order as you please. This way you can set the order as you normally have it, but I believe you want it to simply mimic the previously installed theme, which isn't possible.
    01-19-10 03:24 PM
    You can't make a theme that takes on the same hierarchy as the previously installed theme. You can edit themes (if you have their .thm) on your own to set the order as you please. This way you can set the order as you normally have it, but I believe you want it to simply mimic the previously installed theme, which isn't possible.
    Thanks, now I understand. Too bad it can't be done, would be a time saver for the user.
    01-19-10 03:42 PM
    Ive just finished my first theme (simple variation of the default Zen)
    Is there anyway to set what icons are shown in the menu and in my preferred order?
    Ive done all I can do in "Edit Application Hierarchy" but once loaded
    1. I have 2 sets of icons for each of my mailboxes.
    2. Everything is dumped into "Downloads". By default most are in "Applications" or "Instant Messaging". Also in that folder is Music, Pictures and Videos with a blank icon for some reason.

I know all this can be rectified by rearranging/moving on the phone, and hiding what I dont want, but if it can be set in the theme so I dont have to do it each time I load a new theme, that would be great.
    01-25-10 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD