if i designed an icon, and lets say its of a baskerball, how do i make the back of it transparent so you can see the backgroudn still? anyone know please reply, thank you.
    04-18-09 07:45 AM
    if i designed an icon, and lets say its of a baskerball, how do i make the back of it transparent so you can see the backgroudn still? anyone know please reply, thank you.
    Send it to me whatever it is and ill do it for you......
    OR
    You have to take your Image and cut it out in your program your using....
    04-18-09 07:54 AM
    i have lots of icons tho, can u teach me, cuhz i dont wanna keep askin you..here is a sample tho.. u cant see like the back of the jersey is liek a square box, i jus want it to be trasnparent.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b.../themetest.jpg
    04-18-09 07:54 PM
    04-18-09 07:55 PM
    What image editor software are you using? (Generally, depending on the app) You'll need to set the background colour as the trasparent colour. Then save as a PNG or GIF image. PNG will allow for alpha transparencies (different levels of transparent which will give cleaner edges) where as GIF is an absolute (1 level of transparency). This is just a basic description but should be enough to get you going.
    04-18-09 08:49 PM
    What image editor software are you using? (Generally, depending on the app) You'll need to set the background colour as the trasparent colour. Then save as a PNG or GIF image. PNG will allow for alpha transparencies (different levels of transparent which will give cleaner edges) where as GIF is an absolute (1 level of transparency). This is just a basic description but should be enough to get you going.
    wow, i didnt understand that at all, haha at first i was using regular paint program, then i used photo shop..but i have no idea what png or gif is, and how to save them into that haha.
    04-19-09 04:24 AM

Hope this helps ya..
    04-19-09 08:15 AM
    wow, i didnt understand that at all, haha at first i was using regular paint program, then i used photo shop..but i have no idea what png or gif is, and how to save them into that haha.
    Have a look here, this might help you out:

How to Create a Transparent Background in Photoshop

How to make a Transparent GIF in Photoshop
    04-19-09 01:50 PM
    all u need to do when using photoshop is make sure u have no background for ur icon and when u want o save it click on save as and then from the drop down menu( to select which extention u want the file to be saved as ) select png or gif
    04-28-09 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD