I originally posted this in the theme development forum, but haven't gotten any responces in there yet. So i figure I'd try here...
    I have downloaded and installed Plazmic 4.7. I toyed around with it for a while and finally decided to create my own theme.
    I was able to successfully export it as a .cod file.
    I read on another posting that it needs to be exported as a .alx file to add it using blackberry manager.
    I was able to successfully export it as a .alx.
    Within blackberry manager I select application loader and add application. I click on browse and then select the theme I created. I click open. Then I get an error "no additional applications designed for your device were found."
    When I created the theme I selected device 8300 series (because I have an 8330). Some where I selected version 4.5, which is the version on my BB.
    Any ideas as to what the issue might be?
    TIA for the help!
    03-25-09 09:22 AM
    Try select the other mode on Plazmic while exporting -- *.jad + *.cods way. copy and paste'em into your media card, then click "media" on your 8330, press the RIM button, select "Explore" and locate your theme folder from your media card, click the *.jad file, it will do an OTA installation process on your BB. Then see if this way could be done.

If the OTA thing can't be done. Recheck your theme on Plazmic carefully to find any thing that may causes this issue, and that would be another story.
    03-25-09 12:54 PM
    Not to sound dumb, but what is the RIM button?

I would assume that the theme is ok. Plazmic gave me an error when I tried to save it because some of the icons (batter, signal, etc) were not completely within the valid area.
    03-25-09 01:24 PM
    This is the RIM button.
    03-25-09 02:17 PM
    ok thanks
    While exporting in Plazmic, I don't have an option for .cods. I only have alx and jad. But when I exported it as a .jad, I think it saved as a .cods. Not sure if that matters.
    03-25-09 02:28 PM