Until Crackberry/Mobihand comes up with a plan to eliminate OS5/OS6 confusion, I think I am going to have to hold off buying any more themes. A few weeks ago I purchased a theme. It was identified as OS6 but obviously wasn't. I spent 3 days trying to find it on my 9650 with OS6 but to no avail. I received a response gently hinting that I purchased the wrong theme, but I hadn't. They "swapped" it for me and the new OS6 version worked. Life is good and maybe that was an anomally.

Today I purchased another theme. It was listed as having OS5 and OS6 versions. In the purchasing process, I was given no opportunity to identify and choose the version for OS6, but silly me thought they could figure that out in some way. Not! It is invisible on my BB and obviously is OS5. No good to me.

So, hours later, I am still waiting for an email response approving my request for a "swap." I wish I had gotten the correct version instead of a hassle. So, until they get their sales strategy straightened out, I will buy from developers who offer ONLY an OS6 version. Or I'll keep my eye open for the free themes.

Am I the only one buying themes and running into this confusion?
    03-04-11 07:17 PM
    I've totally been having the same problem. I'm kinda paranoid about buying themes now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 07:25 PM
    I had the same problem a couple days ago from I purchased a theme from the mobile Superstore. I had no option to choose an OS 6 version, and the link they sent was to download the OS 5 version. I had to log in to my account on my PC and ask for a version change. I received it promptly, but it is a hassle to need to use the PC to purchase themes. The mobile Superstore is useless at this point.

I sent an email this afternoon asking when they will fix this bug.
    03-04-11 07:28 PM
    Nice. I'll have to try that. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

03-05-11 02:18 PM
    I just looked at the two themes that were sent to me with the incorrect OS. Both were from the same theme developer. What are the odds of that happening? Incidentally, it has been almost a day and a half and I have still not heard from the Crackberry store nor the developer. Why aren't they that slow in collecting my money?

And one of them is at the top of the Best Seller/Top 50 List!
    --------------------
    UPDATE 3/7/2011
    Mobihand swapped the theme this morning and the OS6 version works fine.

Perhaps if developers wouldn't offer both OS5 and OS6 on the same sales page, this problem might be eliminated. Developers could duplicate the sales pages, each specific and offering only one version's download. Then, if there were any confusion, it would fall squarely on the shoulders of the purchaser. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Shilohjerry; 03-07-11 at 07:56 AM.
    03-05-11 07:43 PM
    So I went ahead and went online to crackberry and requested to swap versions on
    several themes. Hopefully I will get a reply email soon. That was a good idea

03-05-11 09:06 PM
    I requested a swap version for the same problem on mobihand...the original purchase was on crackberry but my swap request was on maobihand, Anyway, that was about 5 hours ago so I'm not holding my breath.
    03-05-11 09:09 PM
    At lease I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I thought I was by myself in thinking of holding off purchasing themes until things come together concerning OS5 and OS6. they have swaped without problems....thats a GOOD thing
    03-05-11 09:27 PM
    Getting them swapped totally worked!! It took about a day for them to respond. I am theme
    whorring once again.

03-07-11 10:27 AM
    I've escalated this thread to Mobihand. Hopefully they can come up with a solution that resolves this issue.

Thanks for the patience in the meantime. And if in the meantime you do run into issues, as noted above, please do contact our software support team.
    Michelle Haag and Shilohjerry like this.
    03-07-11 10:47 AM
    Hi,

could you provide a few examples of themes you purchased which ended up creating problems on your device? We are going to check which version we deliver when the theme is compatible for both OS5 and 6, and the device is running OS6.

Thanks,

- Adriano
    03-07-11 01:02 PM
    It happened again and I'm ready to boycott Mobihand until something is done to correct the situation! I just purchased BB Freaks neat Grey Elite Tech theme. I was given NO opportunity to select OS6 which is what I need. They sent OS5.

I do NOT want to put that on my Bold 9650 since I as I am running OS6. I contacted the support email posted by Mobihand and that email address is invalid.

So now it'll take me 3 or more days to get a theme that I paid for, but which is just plain wrong for my OS. This is so frustrating.

I can't believe I have allowed this to happen to me THREE times! !Aspire, Reflect7 Carbonv2, and now Grey Elite Tech!
    Last edited by Shilohjerry; 03-08-11 at 02:18 PM.
    03-08-11 02:15 PM
    I will only go through CrackBerry from now on. No more Mobihand. They responded:

Hello,

In order to swap your software to versions that will work with your device, please follow these instructions - please do not skip any steps, as doing so will limit your ability to obtain the correct software for your phone :

1. Login into My Account on your desktop computer.

2. Under the "My Apps" tab, you will see a section labeled "My Device". Please make sure your current device is selected here. If it is not, please click in the blue "Change Device Model" button, and select your new device from the list"

3. Below the "My Device" section is the area for your Device ID. Please make sure that you have the correct ID to reflect your device. If you need to update it please click on the blue "Change Device ID" button. You will get a popup that states "Current PIN XXXX New PIN", please enter your new device ID in the blank box by "New PIN", and click the submit button, and your PIN will be updated shortly.

4. Once you have verified the above information, you can swap your software. Please note the area labeled "My Apps". For each piece of software, you will see one of 3 icons preceding the name of the software - a green "check mark", a red "X" or a green "curved arrow". The green "check mark" indicates that this software is already compatible with your phone. The red "X" indicates that there is no version of this software that is compatible with your phone. The green "curved arrow" indicates software that has a version for your phone, and can be swapped.

5. For each of the software titles that are preceded by a green "curved arrow", please click on the blue "Swap to Another Version" link that appears under the title of the software. A popup will appear that lists all available versions of the software. Please click the circle by the version that is for your phone, and then click the red "Submit" button. The page will refresh, and you will note that the blue "Swap to Another Version" button is gone. This is an indication that you have successfully swapped the software to the proper version for your phone.

6. You can now re-download all your software.

***Please note, we cannot refund any purchases that no longer work on your new device or do not have a compatible version to swap to.***

Thank you,
    03-08-11 04:18 PM
    I've escalated this thread to Mobihand. Hopefully they can come up with a solution that resolves this issue.

Thanks for the patience in the meantime. And if in the meantime you do run into issues, as noted above, please do contact our software support team.
    I sent an email to Crackberrysupport@mobihand.com last Friday and never got a response yet.

03-08-11 04:24 PM
    Mobihand made the swap overnight and emailed me to that effect.

CrackBerry support offered the best idea until this situation is resolved. CB said,

"...use the PC store (software.crackberry.com) where you'll be able to choose your device and OS. You'll be emailed a link to download and it should be much
    smoother.

That is the only route I'll take!
    03-09-11 07:53 AM

Thanks, Kevin, it is now resolved. CrackBerry is awesome IMHO! I appreciate every thing you and CB do for all of us!

Jerry
    03-09-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD