Trying to use the Theme Builder in Plazmic CDK 4.5 to make some themes for my Curve but after completing the theme when I click on SIMULATOR to try out the theme nothing happens. I downloaded the 8310 simulator from Blackberry and installed it. Also when I try to open the COD file for my new theme directly from within the simulator it does nothing, any ideas guys?
    09-21-08 01:03 PM
    Trying to use the Theme Builder in Plazmic CDK 4.5 to make some themes for my Curve but after completing the theme when I click on SIMULATOR to try out the theme nothing happens. I downloaded the 8310 simulator from Blackberry and installed it. Also when I try to open the COD file for my new theme directly from within the simulator it does nothing, any ideas guys?
    You are better off using the OS 4.5 simulators packaged with the BlackBerry JDE v4.5.0, found here.
    09-21-08 01:21 PM
    tried that also but same results, the simulator seems to work fine but does nothing when I load my theme
    09-21-08 03:53 PM
    tried that also but same results, the simulator seems to work fine but does nothing when I load my theme
    After exporting the theme (.alx/.cod) to your computer, you load it to a simulator (File>Load Java Program...). Then you need to go to Options>Theme in the simulator to activate the theme.

To find all the simulators included with JDE v4.5.0 on your computer:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\simulator
    09-21-08 04:26 PM
    After exporting the theme (.alx/.cod) to your computer, you load it to a simulator (File>Load Java Program...). Then you need to go to Options>Theme in the simulator to activate the theme.

To find all the simulators included with JDE v4.5.0 on your computer:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0\simulator
    OK tried that but I do not see MY theme listed under themes when I go to OPTIONS...THEMES

Just to ensure I was doing this correctly I tried loading a downlaoded theme and that shows up fine!!
    Last edited by CipherDias; 09-21-08 at 05:59 PM.
    09-21-08 05:57 PM
    I am having the same problem, did you figure it out?
    09-23-08 10:27 AM
    Gave up trying to fix the problem. I just load my newly created themes onto my Curve to test them instead
    09-23-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD