01-17-11 01:29 AM
53 123
tools
    For Bold 9700/Bold 9650/Tour 9630/Curve 8900
    Bold 9000 to follow!

Current Version: 2.2 (June 27, 2010)
    Price: $2.99

Free OTA Download Available: As a favour to all prospective buyers, I am offering this FULL version of the theme, everything works how it should normally work, nothing is excluded. The only difference is that every icon in the theme will launch the Contacts app. This is so you get the full experience of how the theme works and see if it's right for you, before you purchase =)

Download: OS 4.7 | OS 5.0

Update June 25/2010! After much anticipation, Series 7 version 2.0 is finally here! Ability to change the colour of the tiles WITHIN the theme has finally arrived; choose from pink, green, orange, red, gold, blue (default), purple, grey, teal, and brown!

*Please please PLEASE watch the YouTube video demonstration from the link below, because screenshots and words can only describe so much... you have to SEE it to believe it*

Summary

Those smartphones won't be out until later this year, but who says you can't have that look and feel on your BlackBerry today?! The Series 7 theme is a perfect combination of minimalism and functionality, while maintaining a near-perfect resemblance to the real thing. Hand-coded by yours truly, it will not only be one of the most advanced themes you've ever used, but also one of the fastest. Many hours have been spent optimizing the code for lightning-quick operation, achieving an ultra-low memory footprint and guaranteed silky-smooth operation.

Features

- Spacebar launches QuickLaunch (sold separately)
    - Dollar Sign ($) launches SMS
    - Dedicated Weather slot
    - User-defined fonts for your convenience
    - Fully-skinned icons
    - Subtle yet amazing and smooth animations for the People and Pictures tiles
    - Left side contains 9 large main tiles for most important apps
    - Right side contains 10 small customizable user-defined apps
    - Scroll all the way to the right to reveal Messages, Calendar, and SMS previews
    - Scroll all the way up to hide all UI elements, and show only your wallpaper in full
    - NEW in 2.0! Scroll all the way to the left to reveal what I call my Colour Control Panel, which lets you change the colour of the tiles WITHIN the theme itself.
    - scroll all the way to the left from the Control Panel to hide all UI elements and show only your wallpaper
    - ability to change the transparency WITHIN the theme of the black background; choices are full transparent, 25%, 50%, 75%, and full opaque

Screenshots

I highly encourage you to take a few minutes and watch the video demonstration of the theme, as you will gain a much better understanding of the mechanics. Besides, the screenshots do this theme NO justice!

YouTube Video - click ! (Sorry for the blurriness)

Change Log

v2.2 (June 27/2010)
    - instead of scrolling through all the colours to the left to show the wallpaper, you can now scroll all the way up to quickly hide all UI elements and show only the wallpaper

v2.1 (June 26/2010)
    - scroll all the way to the left from the Control Panel to hide all UI elements and show only your wallpaper
    - ability to change the transparency WITHIN the theme of the black background; choices are full transparent, 25%, 50%, 75%, and full opaque
    - ditched the dual-colours idea (slowed the theme down considerably, sorry folks)

v2.0 (June 25/2010)
    - added Colour Control Panel to change the colour of the tiles WITHIN the theme!
    - added SMS to go along with Messages and Calendar to full-screen preview

Notes

- Order your icons on Application Screen in this way: Phone, Profiles, Weather, BBM (or chat client of choice), and Browser. The next 10 is completely up to you! I made the main icons this way because some people may use alternative applications over the default ones, so at least now you have a choice

- Phone icon is hidden in the Applications Folder by default (Applications -> BB Button -> Show All -> Phone -> BB Button -> Uncheck Hide), for those having a hard time finding it.

- Please DO NOT place the following apps in any of the tiles: Messages, Calendar, and SMS. There is a dedicated section for these found in the right-most side of the theme. If you don't listen, you will get some undesirable side-effects and you will complain about it to me haha...

- The People and Pictures animations can be initiated by activating the "People" tile. These animations will play for a period of time, until which they will need to be re-activated.

- As always, perform a battery pull after successfully installing the theme to ensure maximum performance.

Thanks

A HUGE thank-you goes out to Christian for allowing me to use his icons! This man is amazingly talented and I recommend checking out his deviantART page.

Purchase - MobiHand | CrackBerry
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 07-20-10 at 09:04 AM.
    04-09-10 02:33 AM
    That is really cool Vince! I'm sooooo envious of you Tour/Bold users and your awesome themes!

(And chance this one is making it too the 85xx series?)
    04-09-10 03:51 PM
    That is really cool Vince! I'm sooooo envious of you Tour/Bold users and your awesome themes!

(And chance this one is making it too the 85xx series?)
    I don't want to give you false hope aleah, so I'm going to say "not likely, but maybe"

The sky's the limit once I get these cursed final exams out of the way, and I can start crackin down on this theming stuff hehe.
    04-09-10 10:43 PM
    UPDATE: Battery pull didn't work so there's obviously a hidden today area present. update?

total niceness. BUT, on the 6 icon screen, i'm getting a hidden today with my sms when i scroll over sms. and on the 10 icons screen, my messages is giving me a hidden today. im pulling my battery now to see if that makes diff. can you check too?
    Last edited by mscooley; 04-10-10 at 11:46 AM.
    04-10-10 11:35 AM
    Downloading. CB says I have to wait 24hrs. Come on!!!
    04-10-10 03:05 PM
    i like the boxy look and the color of the icons
    04-10-10 03:07 PM
    Very different looking theme... and amazing how small it is for all the features included.
    Great looking theme.. definitely check out the video, but don't make my mistake.
    Bold 9000 not yet available. Only one version available for all the listed devices, so when I had the choice to buy for dif't OS's, I didn't notice that it wasn't for my device.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 04-10-10 at 10:16 PM.
    04-10-10 09:46 PM
    Attention please, everyone please see the top of the first post for an important status update and a free download link!
    04-13-10 04:49 AM
    @ mscooley - you must be on the latest beta OS for hidden today to show up on SMS. That's something RIM is experimenting with, and if they decide to release an official OS with this functionality, I will accomodate my theme. Otherwise, you're going to need to downgrade to an earlier build of your OS to avoid the hidden today on your SMS. Also, you needn't put Messages in your 10-icon dock, as there is a screen dedicated to Messages... I should have mentioned that in my description, sorry!

@ BeSoft - v2.0 will include a colour Control Panel, allowing you to change the icon colours within the theme! Some truly innovating stuff headed your way

@ sheldonbk - Sheldon, I'm really sorry to hear that... I realize you're a strong supporter of my themes, and you're one of the main reasons I want to be able to port this to the 9000 when it's complete. As for your wasted purchase, you can either contact MobiHand directly and explain the accident, they should be able to refund you. Either that, or PM me and I can make you a 100% off code that will work for when I release it for the 9000!
    04-13-10 05:03 AM
    VinceThePrince, I have a couple questions for ya! When v2.0 debuts will people who purchased v1.0 need to puchase v2.0 or will it be an upgrade? And also if you know when can we expect v2.0? Also on v1.0 for me I can't find the call log icon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 08:07 AM
    VinceThePrince, I have a couple questions for ya! When v2.0 debuts will people who purchased v1.0 need to puchase v2.0 or will it be an upgrade? And also if you know when can we expect v2.0? Also on v1.0 for me I can't find the call log icon?

v2.0 will be a free upgrade! You can expect v2.0 in a few days, maybe. For the phone icon, it's a hidden icon in the Applications folder, so you have to hit the BB Button -> Show All from the Application screen to be able to see it.
    04-13-10 12:19 PM
    Looking forward to 2.0!
    04-15-10 11:35 AM
    Should be available by April 25th, if all goes well.
    04-15-10 12:58 PM
    @ mscooley - you must be on the latest beta OS for hidden today to show up on SMS. That's something RIM is experimenting with, and if they decide to release an official OS with this functionality, I will accomodate my theme. Otherwise, you're going to need to downgrade to an earlier build of your OS to avoid the hidden today on your SMS. Also, you needn't put Messages in your 10-icon dock, as there is a screen dedicated to Messages... I should have mentioned that in my description, sorry!

@ BeSoft - v2.0 will include a colour Control Panel, allowing you to change the icon colours within the theme! Some truly innovating stuff headed your way

@ sheldonbk - Sheldon, I'm really sorry to hear that... I realize you're a strong supporter of my themes, and you're one of the main reasons I want to be able to port this to the 9000 when it's complete. As for your wasted purchase, you can either contact MobiHand directly and explain the accident, they should be able to refund you. Either that, or PM me and I can make you a 100% off code that will work for when I release it for the 9000!
    any chance of making a version that accommodates the newer builds? just seems that it's consistent and will likely be final because remember "no sms viewing in hidden today" was labeled as a bug and is now considered to be fixed in the newer versions.
    04-15-10 01:05 PM
    Hmmm, you have a good point and are probably right... fine, I will add it to this theme lol! I'll have to upgrade my OS first to experience this first-hand.
    04-15-10 01:07 PM
    Hmmm, you have a good point and are probably right... fine, I will add it to this theme lol! I'll have to upgrade my OS first to experience this first-hand.
    Vince, you are the epitome of a good man! LOL. Take a woman's suggestion with no arguments.
    04-15-10 01:14 PM
    Yup, your kind are my weakness haha!
    04-15-10 01:15 PM
    Yup, your kind are my weakness haha!
    as we should be but stop it cause ur making me publicly blush.
    04-15-10 01:17 PM
    Just bought 1.0 and running the 2.0 preview in great anticipation of the final release so I can download it right away.

One question though, can we get editible slots again? I like having Xobni as the contact option. No big deal if not. I like the animated contact button more that the static.

Being able to change the color will also be slick.

Can't wait!

04-15-10 10:20 PM
    Perhaps use the method of having any application placed in the right location launched by your set icons on the main screen. Chryon by Hedone Design does this with one slot... it says Browser in his design but you can put any app there on the icon screen in that slot and it will launch even though it says Browser. I use Opera.

Does that make sense?
    04-17-10 01:22 PM
    Any updates on 2.0 yet? Using 1.0 and looking forward to the updates!
    04-25-10 03:16 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know I'm working on 2.0... there's a lot of debugging when it comes to the SVG coding, so give it maybe a week or so hopefully, but rest assured, I'm developing it as we speak!
    04-25-10 11:51 PM
    When you update this to version 2.0, would you consider changing the scroll direction from "up" to "left" to get to the wallpaper screen? Almost every time I try to scroll up to the top icon, it goes too far and I end up on the wallpaper screen. I've tried to adjust my trackpad sensitivity to remedy this but that hasn't helped much. Really looking forward to the update.

04-30-10 10:39 AM
    Agree with previous poster having the wallpaper come up when scrolling left instead of up would we a lot better.

How long till v2.0 is out? I'm excited.

05-01-10 04:28 PM
    [QUOTE=BB_Berry;5060025]When you update this to version 2.0, would you consider changing the scroll direction from "up" to "left" to get to the wallpaper screen? Almost every time I try to scroll up to the top icon, it goes too far and I end up on the wallpaper screen. I've tried to adjust my trackpad sensitivity to remedy this but that hasn't helped much. Really looking forward to the update.

100% agree. I typically run sensitivity at 70, but for this theme adjusted to 40-50.

Choppy moving between screens. I am using .593 (leaked). SMS today is a problem, overlaying the message over the main screen icons.

So is V2.0 a free upgrade for V1 users? 2.0 preview is solid and look forward to the release.

05-01-10 08:26 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD