10-28-10 01:33 PM
26 12
tools
    * ON SALE! 40% off until Oct 31/2010, to celebrate Euphoria Pro being my first theme on BlackBerry App World! *

The wait is over folks, Euphoria is finally available!

YouTube Demo Video - Click

What is Euphoria? It is a theme that is catered towards (but not restricted to) the working professional. These people get the most use out of their Berries where the proper theme can be considered their sidekick in the work force. If a BlackBerry was like a dog to a police officer, then a theme is the breed of that dog... and you always need the right breed for the right job! Euphoria helps to get things done quicker, is easy on the eyes, and professional enough that there are no worries pulling out your device in front of your boss!

Chances are, you've never used a theme so powerful, flexible and feature-rich, all the while maintaining eye-popping aesthetic appeal AND subtle everyday usability.

VinceThePrince themes are never compiled in BlackBerry Composer. Instead, each and every line of code is personally hand-coded in Notepad. What does this mean for you? It means the highest possible performance efficiency, you'll feel like you're running a theme that came with your device! Anyhow, let's get on with the theme Walkthrough =)

The Walkthrough

The complete Euphoria experience is unique in a way that it spans FOUR different screens. Upon loading the theme (make sure you battery pulled!), you are greeted with your Home Screen:

Notice the screen indicator at the top, a subtle but useful touch to keep track of what screen you're on. This screen houses three of your most useful apps, as well as a very nifty information widget. This widget contains two user-defined slots, as you can see I have Profiles in slot #1 and Weather in slot #2. Also, you can launch the Clock app from this widget by clicking on the time. Lastly, there is a cool feature where you can display your own name on this widget! Just edit your Owner information (Options -> Owner -> Name) and it will show up! Finally, don't forget you can start QuickLaunch (sold separately) by pressing Space, as well as SMS by pressing the dollar sign ($).

Scrolling to the right will bring you to the screen above. It lets you view your full wallpaper in all its glory. If by chance you're NOT a wallpaper junky, or you just want some more functionality out of this screen, no worries because Euphoria is about choice, it conforms to how YOU want to personalize and use it:

With a simple built-in toggle (I'll show you that soon), you have the choice to convert the simple wallpaper-friendly screen, to either a single-dock or dual-dock affair! These docks are fully user-defined of course, were you really expecting anything less? Anyways, let's head onto the screen to the left of the Home Screen:

This is the Today screen, where you can get a quick glance at your upcoming appointments and newest e-mails. Both are capable of a whopping NINE full-length entries!

Finally, this is where things get even more interesting... the Options screen!

Here you'll be able to change the theme's colour WITHIN the theme! At first, I was going to make 6 different versions of Euphoria that had to be purchased individually, but instead I decided to merge all of them into one purchase, and let YOU decide what colour you want to rock out with! With this powerful option, it's very easy to match wallpapers with your choice of colour scheme. Here's an example:

Also on the Options screen, you can also change various settings, like the number of Docks on Screen #4. From here, you can also toggle the default wallpaper, the information widget on the Home Screen, and also the backdrop for the Today entries, if you don't need it.

Well, that's it for the walkthrough! I hope you enjoyed following along, and if you are still on the fence about purchasing, you can get a taste of what Euphoria's all about with this free OTA download of the BASIC version!

OTA - OS 5.0 | OS 4.7

Purchase MobiHand | CrackBerry

Updates

v1.6 - Oct 16/2010
    - Made it so it's harder to "overshoot" the Today Screen and accidentally go to the Options Screen
    - Reverted indicators to default red star indicator (upon popular request)
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 10-16-10 at 02:07 AM.
    07-14-10 04:53 PM
    Updated first post, check it out =)
    07-15-10 03:12 PM
    Update 2's in first post.
    07-16-10 11:30 AM
    Very interesting Vince.. Count me in!

Love the concept. Pricing structure makes sense with coupon. If you're targetting business users, your price for the pro version can be typical premium prices ($5+). Not sure I'm crazy about Alt-T for today screen. The reason is that I have so many different purchased themes from different people and I won't remember all these different codes. So, when I first install it, Alt-T will be ok but after it's been on my device and I swap back and forth from other themes, I'll really be scrambling for what the code is and may have to come back to the web site (that is if I remember that the theme has the option for a today screen). Perhaps as an alternative, the "more" can be "today/apps". If you choose 1 row of apps, there's room for a today area, which would be active for today items on first 3 icons. If you choose 2 or 3 rows, then there's no today area.

If I don't check this thread often enough and you want more feedback, feel free to contact me. I think you know my coordinates. If not, PM me.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 07-16-10 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Added some initial feedback
    07-16-10 10:37 PM
    Very interesting Vince.. Count me in!

Love the concept. Pricing structure makes sense with coupon. If you're targetting business users, your price for the pro version can be typical premium prices ($5+). Not sure I'm crazy about Alt-T for today screen. The reason is that I have so many different purchased themes from different people and I won't remember all these different codes. So, when I first install it, Alt-T will be ok but after it's been on my device and I swap back and forth from other themes, I'll really be scrambling for what the code is and may have to come back to the web site (that is if I remember that the theme has the option for a today screen). Perhaps as an alternative, the "more" can be "today/apps". If you choose 1 row of apps, there's room for a today area, which would be active for today items on first 3 icons. If you choose 2 or 3 rows, then there's no today area.

If I don't check this thread often enough and you want more feedback, feel free to contact me. I think you know my coordinates. If not, PM me.
    Sounds good Sheldon, so you gave me a cool idea. Similar to what Android does when you first boot, there's a little widget that automatically plays a slideshow of some tips of how to use the phone. So what I'm gonna do, when you first activate the theme, there will be a "tips" widget, reminding you of the shortcuts, profiles needs to be in app slot #1 and your weather app needs to go in app slot #2, etc etc. It will play for about 20 - 30 seconds or so, then fade out. Pretty cool, huh?!?!
    07-17-10 10:53 PM
    Updated original post with a new photo!
    07-19-10 03:58 PM
    Fantastic theme! I've been looking for something like this. I am a humble stay-at-home Mama, but it would be fantastic to have three different screens for all the stuff I need to keep track of!

Will this be available for a Curve 8520 running 4.6?
    07-21-10 12:12 PM
    Fantastic theme! I've been looking for something like this. I am a humble stay-at-home Mama, but it would be fantastic to have three different screens for all the stuff I need to keep track of!

Will this be available for a Curve 8520 running 4.6?
    Yeah, it's definitely not restricted to business people haha =)

Yeah it should be available, but I recommend upgrading to 5.0 to get the most out of the skinned elements as 4.6 doesn't allow some things to be changed.
    07-22-10 09:16 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I am always amazed by how friendly the CB community is!

I would LOVE to upgrade to 5.0. This is my first BlackBerry and I want to enjoy the full gamut of it's awesomeness. Tmobile, however, said that putting 5.0 on my device before it is released by Tmobile will void my warranty. Since I have only had it since March, I cannot afford to void my warranty. Grr!

I will be watching! I am really excited about Euphoria!
    07-23-10 08:17 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I am always amazed by how friendly the CB community is!

I would LOVE to upgrade to 5.0. This is my first BlackBerry and I want to enjoy the full gamut of it's awesomeness. Tmobile, however, said that putting 5.0 on my device before it is released by Tmobile will void my warranty. Since I have only had it since March, I cannot afford to void my warranty. Grr!

I will be watching! I am really excited about Euphoria!
    From what I know, that is an absolute lie on their part. Besides, you have the ability to downgrade back to 4.6 if you so choose
    07-23-10 08:20 AM
    Hey everyone, follow the OTA link in the first post to get your first true taste of Euphoria. Remember, this is the free Basic version that will be available to everyone, there will be loads more options/features for those who are awaiting the Premium version.
    08-04-10 03:55 PM
    thx for basic!!! can't wait until premium version is ready
    08-04-10 09:12 PM
    Euphoria Basic has been updated to v1.1, check first post for change log and new OTA links!
    08-06-10 03:52 PM
    So when does the Euphoric 8530 os 5.0 become available?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 10:48 PM
    Probably within the week, I'm working my **** off to get this done, rest assured! =D
    08-09-10 10:20 AM
    Updated Euphoria Basic, we're now at v1.3, as usual check first post for details!
    08-09-10 05:18 PM
    Any update on the full versions yet? No hurry, just curious.
    08-13-10 10:12 AM
    Awesome theme, I'm also looking forward to the full version.
    08-17-10 01:19 PM
    Hi VincethePrince,

I sent ya a PM re: possible port to 4.5 OS (for the basic version)??? Other than that, take your time. Your theme rocks!
    08-17-10 03:12 PM
    Rest assured, I have not abandoned this project and it is still slated to be released as soon as I find the time between full time studies, work, volunteer, and social obligations.

I apologize for my lack of assurance on the matter, but it really has been a busy month for me. But, I will assure everyone that it will be truly worth the wait when it's ready for release!
    09-10-10 10:49 AM
    It's now ready for 480 x 360 devices!
    09-29-10 06:12 AM
    Vince,

Great job!!

I am a business user and have a small suggestion that should be easy to do.

Can you make it so that if you scroll up you go to the "options" screen?

The reason is because you don't typically access that screen all the time. you kinda set it and forget it.

But the screen between that and the main screen with the today previews is one you access a lot.

When you are driving or in a hurry, you dont want to fiddle with the track pad that much. I always want to go to the today screen but sometimes I scroll left too much or not enough. It would be nice if I could go left as hard as I wanted to and it would stop at the today screen. In fact, if the options menu was simply something you could select with a key instead of scrolling or if it came up under the options when you hit the menu key (blackberry key), that would be fine too. as you just don't access it that much.

Also sometimes when I mistakenly go to the options screen and I try to scroll right, it seems to stick on the options screen for a while.
    10-06-10 09:01 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know I pushed out an update, check first post for details!
    10-16-10 02:08 AM
    I got the pro version and it is really a great theme! The customizations are fantastic and there is something for every mood and situation!

Thanks so much!
    10-17-10 04:55 PM
    I got the pro version and it is really a great theme! The customizations are fantastic and there is something for every mood and situation!

Thanks so much!
    Happy to hear of your satisfaction. Thanks for the purchase and please enjoy the theme for as long as you can!
    10-18-10 12:25 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD