01-31-10 02:03 PM
191 ... 5678
tools
    I glad that you left the transitions out. I'm all about speed and efficiency! I bought Mord Black today version and it truly is visually clean and stunning. Love it!
    01-06-10 01:03 AM
    Mord Black is great. Love the new media icons. Wish some were available for the original Mord theme.

1). Time/Date banner has a two tone quality. Top half is different shade of black from bottom on HOME screen.
    2) On APPLICATIONS screen, time is not centered.
    3) In Media, iPod icon appears compressed.

Why is Black smaller in file size than the original?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There are no "new media icons" mate, they were there in the original theme.
    The rest of what you have posted are just a matter of design.

I glad that you left the transitions out. I'm all about speed and efficiency! I bought Mord Black today version and it truly is visually clean and stunning. Love it!
    Thankyou very much, I'm glad you like it.
    01-06-10 06:15 AM
    The time is centered in the original Mord on the Applications screen. In Black, it is off-center.

01-06-10 07:31 AM
    In the original theme, the WiFi and Bluetooth icons are apced differently in the original theme but the time is centered in the Applications screen. The spacing and arrangement in the Black looks great but the time is off-center.

01-06-10 07:38 AM
    The clock is aligned left to allow more room to its right for unread icons. When your roaming icon comes on or your GPS indicator lights up it will appear in the gap to the left.
    01-06-10 07:40 AM
    With the exception of a few, the rest of us had to purchase the "additional" theme.

Seriously? Reason I ask is I had put up a suggestion to remove the calendar/messages from the main screen, and calx had replied that this would be done in the future..I had assumed it was going to be an update.

Calx, can you please confirm that I have to pay an additional $4.99 to download Mord for just the zen version of the same theme?
    Thank you!
    01-06-10 09:35 AM
    Just thought I would ask. Wouldn't the same issue apply to both the original and the Black? The Black is such a great one that I did not mind paying for it again.
    01-06-10 09:47 AM
    Seriously? Reason I ask is I had put up a suggestion to remove the calendar/messages from the main screen, and calx had replied that this would be done in the future..I had assumed it was going to be an update.

Calx, can you please confirm that I have to pay an additional $4.99 to download Mord for just the zen version of the same theme?
    Thank you!
    Then maybe you're part of the few that gets a "freebie".

01-06-10 09:50 AM
    Just thought I would ask. Wouldn't the same issue apply to both the original and the Black? The Black is such a great one that I did not mind paying for it again.
    That's what I was thinking as well.

01-06-10 09:52 AM
    I can understand customers being required to repurchase the mord black version as it is different than the original.

It's not that I am cheap, I just cant justify paying the same price for the exact same mord theme except without the messages/calendar on the desktop.

That money could be spent on the black version instead :P
    01-06-10 09:57 AM
    The only things that I would suggest would be the time on the home screen being one shade of black as mentioned. Right now it is two tone.

the other one would be the icons. Is it possible to make your icons all folders? For example I don't use blackberry maps but would like to be able to put my google maps into the icon you have as I like it better. The "games" icon is a folder, similar to that. I love your icons and would like to clean up mine so that its really just your custom icons showing.
    01-06-10 03:48 PM
    I decided to get the first Mord as well because I liked the yellow highlights. The yellow highlights are advertised in screen shots in the App store. However, when I purchased the 8900 5.0 version the highlights are default blue. Could you please fix this?

Also, is there any reason why the regular Mord has four entries in calendar section while Mord Black has only three?
    Last edited by japanangel; 01-06-10 at 06:54 PM.
    01-06-10 04:57 PM
    I have both as well. The Black Mord works well with dark wallpapers.
    01-06-10 06:50 PM
    Thought this might be of interest:

"Pod" in development.

01-07-10 05:40 AM
    Apologies - that was meant to go in the "Pod" thread!
    01-07-10 05:42 AM
    Apologies - that was meant to go in the "Pod" thread!
    Cool. Another hot theme.

01-07-10 06:58 AM
    Black Mord is one super theme. Keep up the good work fella
    01-07-10 11:09 AM
    Dave,

To illustrate my earlier question about the spacing on the Applications screen.

Mord (Original) Version 1.3 on 9700.

Time is centered and Bluetooth/WiFi separated.

Mord Black Version 1.0 on 9700.

WiFi/Bluetooth left justified and Signal/Battery right justified with symmetrical spacing but time is askew.

If possible, for Mord Black Version 1.0, on the Applications screen, could the spacing on it and position of the time match the Mord Version 1.3 Application screen spacing?

Ideally, it would be great to have the Mord Black spacing with the time in the center thus making it very symmetrical. Just a thought. These themes are great and we really appreciate all the time and effort that made the Mord series possible.
    01-08-10 11:27 PM
    Dave,

Ideally, it would be great to have the Mord Black spacing with the time in the center thus making it very symmetrical.
    Hello mate,

As i have explained, the Black Edition is a separate theme, and I've made different decisions about the design. The clock is off centre to give you more room for messages notifications to the right of it.

I'm not going to re-align, re-export and re-upload both themes, for four different handsets, on two different operating systems over two distribution networks because one person thinks the clock should be central. It's just not enough to justify a v1.1

Apologies, but I'd just rather be getting on with finishing Pod, Real Icon 3 or whatever - Where possible I do try and keep the majority happy, but I can't cater for everyone

Don't think I'm being sarcastic or rude but, you seem to have a very definite idea of what you like in a theme, have you considered designing your own? I started theming because I didn't like what was out there, Just a thought...

Cheers

Dave
    01-09-10 08:51 AM
    No problem. Just providing user feedback. Wish that I had time to design but my day job makes it impossible. However, as you can see from the other posts, I am not the only one. I understand that you need to devote more time to upcoming themes and was not asking to be catered to. They were just suggestions that I thought would be helpful in terms of design as well as trying to help increase sales of both Mord themes.
    01-09-10 11:09 AM
    i bought mord a few weeks back..however i would like the mord zen version (without calendar/messages)..

do i have to purchase it again or can i upgrade somehow? Thanks..
    Dave, could you please reply to my previous post #158 above?

Thank you..
    01-09-10 11:14 AM
    Dave, could you please reply to my previous post #158 above?

Thank you..
    I replied personally via PM...

Cheers

Dave
    01-09-10 11:37 AM
    I replied personally via PM...

Cheers

Dave
    Thank you...my apologies, I did not see it.
    01-09-10 05:59 PM

Thank you!
    I have the same question. I purchased the original version, but I would like to have the zen version. Any way we can upgrade or get the new version at a discounted price?

Thanks! And great work on the theme...I really dig it
    01-11-10 02:53 AM
    Hi all,

I've done my best to reply to every question posted either publicly or privately, but generally, If you have a question, then the contact form on my website is a much quicker way of getting hold of me.

Thanks everyone for all your support, criticisms and feedback.

Dave
    01-11-10 11:20 AM
191 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD