11-12-09 10:14 PM
136 123 ...
tools
    Just wanted to let people know it's possible to post pics entirely from your BlackBerry.

Starting from scratch, you can take a photo using your Blackberry, then submit it to Photobucket. (each Photobucket user has an email address to send their photos to, click the "account options" link to get yours) Once uploaded, open the browser, then navigate to photobucket.com/mobile.

sign in, then go to the picture you want to post.

Go to the "IMG Code" link, copy the link in it's entirety - including the IMG tags in the brackets on each end.

Once copied, go to the CB.com forums and navigate to the thread you want to post in.

and paste that IMG Code into the reply box.

Post Reply.
    07-28-08 08:39 AM
    Hey Chaz,
    I got the picture to post from wap. But I had the pic in my photobucket already. What I'm trying to get is if I just took the pic with my blackberry how do I upload it to Photobucket?

Thanks in advance!!
    07-28-08 08:43 AM
    Hey Chaz,
    I got the picture to post from wap. But I had the pic in my photobucket already. What I'm trying to get is if I just took the pic with my blackberry how do I upload it to Photobucket?

Thanks in advance!!
    Go to your Photobucket page, click on Account Options, and look for your email address that they give you for emailing your pics to the site. Then just add it to your address book, and email any pic you want right to Photobucket.
    07-28-08 08:45 AM
    Cool beans!!!!
    07-28-08 08:46 AM
    Go to your Photobucket page, click on Account Options, and look for your email address that they give you for emailing your pics to the site. Then just add it to your address book, and email any pic you want right to Photobucket.
    I do this all the time. And sending from your phone is quicker than I thought it would be. Just so I wouldnt have to remember the email address, I added it to my addressbook when I first started doing this.
    07-28-08 08:48 AM
    Just testing to see if I got it. I did everything you said Chad. I got my fingers crossed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 09:00 AM
    Ok.. I did something wrong.
    I added the [IMG] AND [/IMG]
    When I got the email I copied the link it gave me and added the brackets.
    07-28-08 09:04 AM
    Thanks Chaz, you are fast!!! Nice post!

07-28-08 09:05 AM
    You need to go to the mobile Photobucket site, copy the the "IMG Code" link, and paste that into your reply. It will already have the Bracketed IMG thing, no need to add them.
    07-28-08 09:06 AM
    Finger crossed again...

07-28-08 09:09 AM
    Finger crossed again...

Yay!!

You got it!
    07-28-08 09:11 AM

07-28-08 09:13 AM
    You need to go to the mobile Photobucket site, copy the the "IMG Code" link, and paste that into your reply. It will already have the Bracketed IMG thing, no need to add them.
    Chaz are you using the default blackberry browser, because when i go to photobucket I'm not getting the IMG link so I am unable to copy and paste it. i see my pics but i cant highlight them or get the links for them
    07-28-08 09:17 AM
    yes, I am using the default browser, and OS 4.5 - but it should be the same. Maybe try clicking on the pic itself and see if the IMG link shows. I'll check it out further in a bit.
    07-28-08 09:19 AM
    Chaz when I go to my photobucket then to the pic I am unable to highlight or go to the pic. There is an ad abive my pic and a prev link below my pic that I can click on

07-28-08 09:21 AM
    MsMari, I'm glad U got it figured out. Didn't want to see another link.

07-28-08 09:26 AM
    Chaz when I go to my photobucket then to the pic I am unable to highlight or go to the pic. There is an ad abive my pic and a prev link below my pic that I can click on

Are you using photobucket.com/mobile?

Not sure what the problem is, is anyone else using an earlier OS than 4.5 and having trouble seeing the IMG Code link?
    07-28-08 09:30 AM
    Hey.....u post stealer! lol. :P
    Just playing. Love ya Chaz. I'm just glad we all know how now to do this now.....glad i could start something.
    07-28-08 09:34 AM
    yes I'm using the /mobile part and funny thing is that on the main page i can highlight the photos and get the link I just can't do it in my profile.
    07-28-08 09:36 AM

I got this off of my Photobucket account. Chaz, quick ?. If we send our BB pics to our photobucket account via E-mail, by chance, can we send like say 4 or 5 pics at one time to our photobucket account? Will that work or no? or do we just send one photo at a time from our BB's via E-mail to our photobucket account?
    07-28-08 09:52 AM
    I got this off of my Photobucket account. Chaz, quick ?. If we send our BB pics to our photobucket account via E-mail, by chance, can we send like say 4 or 5 pics at one time to our photobucket account? Will that work or no? or do we just send one photo at a time from our BB's via E-mail to our photobucket account?
    Great question - let me try that. lol
    07-28-08 09:53 AM
    I just did it with 2 pics, no problem. Just start composing an email to your Photobucket account, hit Menu, attach file, select the pic, then do it again. Both pics were successfully uploaded to my account. Thanks for asking that question, now I know too. LOL
    07-28-08 09:58 AM

Works from flickr, too.

07-28-08 10:00 AM

If we send our BB pics to our photobucket account via E-mail, by chance, can we send like say 4 or 5 pics at one time to our photobucket account? Will that work or no? or do we just send one photo at a time from our BB's via E-mail to our photobucket account?
    I just did it with 2 pics, no problem. Just start composing an email to your Photobucket account, hit Menu, attach file, select the pic, then do it again. Both pics were successfully uploaded to my account. Thanks for asking that question, now I know too. LOL

Thanks for asking this question.... This is a great thing to know!!
    I thank both of your guys for a testing this out and teaching the Crackberry family!!
    07-28-08 10:04 AM
    Hmm, why is it so bloody small?

UPDATED: Bah! It's the thumbnail! Flickr Mobile doesn't provide link info to the actual pic!
    Last edited by rrrebo; 07-28-08 at 10:22 AM.
    07-28-08 10:04 AM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD