View Poll Results: Do you use themes differently between workday and personal time?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I am a stock theme user, I don't change

2 20.00%
  • No - I don't use my BB for work stuff, so your question doesn't apply

4 40.00%
  • Yes - I'm use themes the way you describe

1 10.00%
  • Yes - But I'm a theme junkie and swap ALL THE TIME!

3 30.00%
    I am a BB user as provided by my company and on their BES. It (BB) has really changed the way I go about my day and has helped me keep on top of a crushing email flow and ever-changing work schedule.

My BES Admin team has allowed us pretty wide latitude on customization, so themes are no problem. Mainly clamps on security, etc. as expected. Personal use of the BB (within AUP guidelines, of course) is OK for me.

I love themes and the idea that I can customize my BB experience from deeply technical to flat-out simple using themes as built and shared by our CB themer community. It's one of the "fun" things I can do with my BB, and keeps things fresh.

I find that I have drastically different needs between BB on evenings/weekends vs. workday and themes really help me manage these differences. I swap themes at least twice each day: Changing to a theme heavy on function, speed and Today info for work, and then back to a clean/simple wallpaper-friendly theme for the evenings and/or weekends.

I know there are many out there who are simply theme enthusiasts, but I'm curious to know how many out there differentiate their day and activities using themes the way I do?
    05-09-10 12:16 PM
    Actually none of the choices in the poll apply to my usage. I use one premium theme that works for me both at work and at play. So while I love themes, I found one that fits my style perfectly and I haven't switched in quite some time.
    05-09-10 12:39 PM
    As a BB user i like to constantly change things up. and not requiring it for my job allows me to use any theme i want. I personaly like themes that are not only wallpaper friendly, but also have a pre loaded wall that looks good as is. As a Theme dev, i know theres a need for personal themes and professional themes. Im currently working on a theme that can be used for both at the push of a button. It loads as a wallpaper friendly theme with pop up docks and lots of icons. Press a button and a professional-styled homescreen displays with only today icons with a text preview and basic BB app icons fixed with a pro-looking wallpaper. Best of both worlds.
    05-18-10 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD