I've tried a couple of different new themes and really like them - but I hate installing a new one because it inevitably resets all my icons and I have to customize everything all over again to the way I like it.

Is there a way around this?
    05-01-10 04:09 PM
    As far as i am aware, NO

Cause when it is loaded for the first time it will load the icons from the defult list putting all new apps in downloads and so on,

But if your building your own just postion the icons as you build them, ??
    05-01-10 05:01 PM
    I am and have been for some time a real theme changer. After a bit the pain of relocating all your icons is just part of the deal. No biggie if the theme is good enough to keep.

In the end I have about three themes that reside all ready to go. My choices are pretty spare as wallpaper is important to me, but access to the right icons is also important. Themes are one major reason to have a BB IMHO.
    05-01-10 05:29 PM
    It is necessary to set your icons how you like them the first time you install a theme. However, if you choose to delete that theme and install it again at a later point, your icons will show up as you had them previously.
    05-01-10 05:36 PM
    Someone needs to come out with an application to avoid this. It's really time consuming when updating an OS or installing a new theme to move all icons to the way you like them, especially if you have every single icon aligned the same for every theme and you happen to have a few applications. I just updated my OS last night, and on average it takes me 10 mins per theme to move everything to the way I want it. I have 6 themes total, so that's about 1 hour just moving icons.

I've tried a couple of different new themes and really like them - but I hate installing a new one because it inevitably resets all my icons and I have to customize everything all over again to the way I like it.

Is there a way around this?
    05-01-10 05:48 PM
    It is necessary to set your icons how you like them the first time you install a theme. However, if you choose to delete that theme and install it again at a later point, your icons will show up as you had them previously.
    Thanks - I do feel better knowing that it keeps my icon/folder order after I set it once. The theme I activated the other day is not my favorite, but I was a little hesitant about switching back...now I know that I can!
    05-01-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD