I tried searching (here and Google) and didn't find anything, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm working on a theme and added a couple of weblinks, but when the theme is loaded on my phone the links just don't show up. Everything else on the theme works fine, and I've had other Plazmic-created themes (from other people) that have had web links that work on my phone, so I'm at a loss.

I'm using Plazmic 4.7 on a Curve 8330 4.5.077 (Verizon).

The only thing I can think is that I started my theme from a theme someone else created in an older version of Plazmic, but my version "upconverted" it to a 4.7 theme file the first time I loaded it, so I was hoping that wasn't the problem, as there are certain menus and stuff I'm not sure I can re-create.

Any help would be appreciated.
    04-13-09 08:33 PM
    where did you set the weblinks in your theme?
    were they in custom homescreen as Today or Zen app objects?
    were they in zen homescreen as one of the Zen apps?

where were the weblinks in the original theme file before you upgraded the file to 4.7?
    04-15-09 02:41 AM
    Zen app objects, set up in the weblinks section in the tool - it's a custom theme and I actually mispoke in my thread title - I just want them on my app screen - they're just not in the theme at all when I load it on my phone.

There were no weblinks originally - I added them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 10:40 AM
    so just let me understand the problem.
    you started with a custom theme without weblinks.
    then you added some weblinks, and you can see them in the app hierarchy in the Plazmic UI.
    then you also set weblinks as some of the Zen app objects in custom homescreen.
    and when you load into phone, the weblinks dont show up in app screen, or custom homescreen, or both?
    04-16-09 01:36 AM
    so just let me understand the problem.
    you started with a custom theme without weblinks.
    then you added some weblinks, and you can see them in the app hierarchy in the Plazmic UI.
    then you also set weblinks as some of the Zen app objects in custom homescreen.
    and when you load into phone, the weblinks dont show up in app screen, or custom homescreen, or both?
    Almost... Yes, I started on an existing theme with no links. Yes, I added some and yes I see them in Plazmic (on the screen mockup and in the hierarchy). No, I did not add them to the homescreen, because I just want them on the app screen and they show up there in the UI.

Thinking that might have been my problem, though, I tried to add them to the homescreen and I can't get it to work right. The only way I can get it is to add a ton of apps so that I finally get a web link on there, and then delete all of the extra ones. Problem is, that puts an extra app up the left side of my home screen and I just want the 6 bottom-docked items. When I try to reposition items it won't let me move the web link one down with the other ones.
    04-19-09 11:15 PM
    maybe you can post a screenshot of your plazmic UI, eg. app hierarchy and/or custom homescreen?
    Just so i can understand what exactly you did and what you're trying to do..
    04-21-09 11:24 PM
    Two screenshots attached - you can see the Fandango icon on the homescreen (from the Plazmic UI) and the "programming" behind it in the Web link section.

Problem is, when I load the theme to my phone, it's just not there. It's like my phone just completely ignores it.

And no, it's not hidden....
    04-23-09 02:23 PM
    I've reproduced your theme, ie. 8300 custom theme, zen app objects at bottom, weblink as 1st zen app object.
    and the weblink shows up fine on my phone.
    have you try deleting all zen app objects and recreate them?
    04-24-09 12:21 AM
    I've reproduced your theme, ie. 8300 custom theme, zen app objects at bottom, weblink as 1st zen app object.
    and the weblink shows up fine on my phone.
    have you try deleting all zen app objects and recreate them?
    Yeah - even tried creating a theme from scratch and still no luck...
    05-19-09 01:38 PM
    I've made a few custom themes before w/ more than 1 web link. I seem to have forgotten how to add more or something has changed. I'm using Theme Builder 4.5. on 8330 w/ 4.5.0.77. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong to add more web links?
    Thanks.
    07-11-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD