Hi - I'm new to using Plazmic and making my own themes. I have 2 questions:

1. I thought I downloaded the Plazmic CDK 4.5, but then when I open ThemeBuilder, it says version 3.0.0.27. Did I download something wrong?

2. I'm trying to create a custom Today Plus theme. I want to put zen icons on the bottom, and I want the icons to be the first icons in the user's application list. How do I do this in Plazmic?

Thank you for all of your help!
    08-04-08 02:11 PM
    Can't answer the first one because I'm not at home with Plazmic available. The answer to your second question is easy. You can't. Building a Custom theme is not the same as building a Zen theme. Once you (the creator) select the icons to put on the home screen, they are locked there and not configurable by the user. This is a known limitation of the current Plazmic version.
    08-05-08 02:28 AM
    Can't answer the first one because I'm not at home with Plazmic available. The answer to your second question is easy. You can't. Building a Custom theme is not the same as building a Zen theme. Once you (the creator) select the icons to put on the home screen, they are locked there and not configurable by the user. This is a known limitation of the current Plazmic version.

Thank you for your response. I thought that is what it was , but I didn't want to answer him/her because I didn't know for sure.
    08-05-08 11:34 AM
    Thank you. So, how do some themes like my iBerry 2.0 Today Plus have it so the icons on the bottom are the first 5 icons in the user's list? Is that using a separate theme development software or something?

Thank you for the help!
    08-05-08 12:05 PM
    the home screen icons are locked (set by the creator), then just rearrange the icons on the application screen to your liking (you can make the first five apps at the top match the 5 apps on the home screen). Did that make any sense? lol. sorry if it didnt.
    08-05-08 12:13 PM
    Not really, sorry. In the theme I'm currently using, the home screen is a mix of today items (messages, calendar) and icons along the bottom. THe icons along the bottom change based on the first applications in my icons view... did that make sense?
    08-05-08 01:13 PM
    Yes, that is a 'true' Today Plus theme. Unfortunately Plazmic 4.5 does not allow you to create this function. In a Custom theme, all icons are locked.
    08-05-08 06:14 PM
    So is it not possible to create a theme using Plazmic 4.5 which the icon's positions are based of their positions on the application screen?

In essence I'm looking to build an L theme just like the BB Dimension L theme however I would like to change the "focus" of the icons and also give them a "bounce" effect when highlighted.
    08-06-08 03:30 PM
    So is it not possible to create a theme using Plazmic 4.5 which the icon's positions are based of their positions on the application screen?

In essence I'm looking to build an L theme just like the BB Dimension L theme however I would like to change the "focus" of the icons and also give them a "bounce" effect when highlighted.
    You can give a bounce effect and change the focus but anytime you choose custom layout, it locks them in. It is not based on their positions. You choose whatever you want to lock, but they will always be the same no matter what application order it is.
    08-06-08 03:45 PM
    Ok. What about a bottom Zen layout? I know by default its on the left hand side, but is it possible to get them on the bottom and still be able to move them around?
    08-06-08 03:52 PM
    The new Theme Builder only includes one new theme template: "Custom".
    Bottom Zen, Today Plus, L etc. templates are not included, but these themes can all be made with the new 'custom' template. To do this you must manually reposition icons and/or today elements on the 'custom' homescreen. In all themes made with the new 'custom' template, the icons will be locked in by the theme builder and non-configurable by the theme user.
    08-06-08 04:11 PM
    cool. another ? for you guys. I'm new to plazmic as well and ive precisely followed the instructions to get everything installed with all of the document versions. however, after i'm done with a theme and want to use the simulator, i get the message that there are no simulators installed for 4.5. i've gone into preferences to set default simulators, but again, nothing's there. I thought this was bundled in JDK 4.5 & 4.6. Why isn't Plazmic detecting them? I can download a standalone but of course that only goes to 4.3.
    08-06-08 04:13 PM
    Ok. What about a bottom Zen layout? I know by default its on the left hand side, but is it possible to get them on the bottom and still be able to move them around?
    if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. once you add either a zen or today icon, you must click on the "reposition icons" button. this will allow you to move them freely. ...there's one catch. you must start your design in "custom" mode and not zen or today.
    08-06-08 04:14 PM
    Thanks for all the info. I guess I'll hold on out making themes until I can add 3rd party apps, I want BeeJiveIM on my home screen. Darn.
    08-06-08 05:19 PM
    if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. once you add either a zen or today icon, you must click on the "reposition icons" button. this will allow you to move them freely. ...there's one catch. you must start your design in "custom" mode and not zen or today.
    I'm using Plazmic 4.5 but I cannot find the "reposition icons" button. Am I missing something? I just downloaded the 4.5 only from the plazmic website,,,,,I see everyone else talking about all these other files they had to download but I thought the download for 4.5 included everything you need. Do I need to download something else to be able to reposition my icons?
    09-02-08 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD