07-20-08 03:04 PM
32 12
tools
    Just noticed on the Blog page, 4.5 has been released! Maybe I'll give theme building a try now
    07-18-08 04:39 PM
    4.5 or 4.3??? Got a link??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 04:42 PM

Plazmic 4.5 Content Development Kit is Here!!!!!!!! | CrackBerry.com
    07-18-08 04:43 PM
    I'm sure we will see some nice themes coming our way soon. I can't wait...
    07-18-08 04:52 PM
    Thanks Chaz! I was too busy DL'ing this stuff
    07-18-08 05:02 PM

Sorry I guess I should have posted up the link in my OP
    07-18-08 05:11 PM
    Ok I posted this somewhere else but maybe here would be ok too. I need help

I have found some great pictures and of course I want to make them into icons for my first theme. EPL. I am using this software called gimp well because it is free. I follower the directions to a T from the blackberry site and some other sites that show how to make them transparent and what not. I then save the icon in a png format, try to add it with theme builder and what happens, IT LOOK LIKE $HIT!!! OMG I AM FRUSTRATED. I know I can do this but what am I doing wrong. I am referring back to the samples the give and some icons call for 48X36 and some other sites call for 30X30. I have tried everything but nothing seems to make my icons clear and smooth looking. I know that it can't be this hard. Any advise would be gratefully appreciated. Is it because of the pictures being in gif mode? Thanks!!
    07-18-08 08:00 PM
    Hey gang! Anyone got 4.5 up and running yet? I dl it but had to leave for work I got 4.5 and the 2 files from BB website. What else am I gonna need? I started to look @ Kronk's how to but like I said had to leave for work. If someone wouldn't mind letting me know if I have it all it would be great so I can try to get it working when I get home tonight. TIA!!!

07-18-08 08:45 PM
    I started to look @ Kronk's how to but like I said had to leave for work.
    That guide was for Plazmic 4.2. I'm not sure how helpful it will be with 4.5.

I'm downloading 4.5 now. I hope to have at least one new theme done this weekend.
    07-18-08 09:01 PM
    Cant wait to get this going. So excited, especially since I got comfortable with 4.2 recently. This is going to be awesome!
    07-18-08 09:05 PM
    bPlay emailed new "BOLD" themes this afternoon

07-18-08 09:18 PM
    When you start to install plasmic, if you are missing something it will tell you. I do belive it will also give a link to download what you need.

It was a while ago so I don't quite remember.

I am downloading now. Since I allready have 4.2 running. I do belive all I will need is jde 4.5

07-18-08 09:20 PM
    That guide was for Plazmic 4.2. I'm not sure how helpful it will be with 4.5.

I'm downloading 4.5 now. I hope to have at least one new theme done this weekend.
    Cool! If you could, please let me know what all needs to be dl to get it working.
    Thanks!!

07-18-08 09:25 PM
    I am downloading now. Since I allready have 4.2 running. I do belive all I will need is jde 4.5
    Yeah, if you currently have 4.2 installed, getting 4.5 up should be a snap.
    07-18-08 09:30 PM
    I haven't had it yet. I just saw it was released earlier and thought I would give it a shot.

07-18-08 09:39 PM
    CodyBB I don't see you on here much. Your always on that "other" site. LOL

07-18-08 09:41 PM
    CodyBB I don't see you on here much. Your always on that "other" site. LOL

Lol. I read here more than I do any other site. This site has a lot of action. I post on that "other site" because that is where I can help people. Crackberry users don't need much help. Some of the other sites do. Lol.

As for the new theme builder... I was able to install it right besides the 4.2 version. I did install the 4.5 jde as well(first). I am sure it would have been required. I do belive I may need some newer 4.5 simulators as well.

I was able to make a couple of themes though. Not as easy as I was hoping it was going to be. I thought it was going to have a little better user friendly ui. Oh well, I still did it. Hope to see some cools stuff in the weeks to come. Free of course. I'll show some of my later when I fine tune them. Must sleep now.

Cody
    07-19-08 12:37 AM
    Downloading right now.
    I hope it includes cool zen styles.
    07-19-08 12:45 AM
    So I was all excited to get going on some new themes, and became even more excited when I found the "custom" theme allows you to place the icons where ever you want on the home screen! You can add effects like bouncing icons! Even "cooler"! BUT, I can't figure out how if possible to allow the applications to be changed... Like on the Zen, where your first 5 end up on the home screen... I like having Google Maps, SMS and MMS, Jivetalk, Viigo, and my primary email on the home screen... Out of those, I can only have SMS and MMS on there... Any ideas? Am I missing something?
    07-19-08 12:51 AM
    Cody, the 4.5 jde is for? Is that for themes on phones running OS 4.5? I'm gonna be trying for 4.3 first as that's what I'm running if not, can I get a link directly to thr dl for it? I tried to install the email simulator and it said I needed 1.5 something or other but the page it went to had like 10 dl's!!

07-19-08 01:31 AM
    "The necessary BlackBerry JDE components and MDS simulators are now packaged with the software making installation that much simpler and streamlined." Happy theme-ing. Is that really a verb? Well anyway. This is specifically for the inidividual who was inquiring about it. If this has already been addressed please ignore this post. The last time I tried to offered help I was basically told that I was being redundant. " I can be anything but never do I wish to be redundant."
    07-19-08 01:44 AM
    ok, so I just tried to install Plazmic and it said I need JDK. The link it took me to was Here BUT, what the H am i supposed to dl? Kronk? Cody? anyone? Please and Thank You
    07-19-08 06:31 PM
    I wish I knew buddy. My install went flawlessly and I didn't have to download anything additional. If I had to guess I would say to download JDK 5.0 Update 16.

On another note, here is the first theme I'm rockin' with Plazmic 4.5. The program still has some limitations I don't like, but overall it's a GREAT improvement.

07-19-08 07:05 PM
    ok, so I just tried to install Plazmic and it said I need JDK. The link it took me to was Here BUT, what the H am i supposed to dl? Kronk? Cody? anyone? Please and Thank You
    go here ... BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Program | BlackBerry Java Development Environment Downloads

download and install the "blackberry JDE 4.5.0"

then reinstall the plasmic 4.5

reboot pc

build cool themes
    07-19-08 07:13 PM
    Thanks Cody! I'll try as soon as I get back from walkin to the baech

07-19-08 08:07 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD