04-22-09 03:41 PM
38 12
tools
    Theme name: Mini Storm
    Theme author: StevenInSTL
    Theme credits: RIM
    Supported Device Model(s) and OS: 83XX (4.2,4.3,4.5) 88XX (4.2 & 4.5)
    Download Link(s): 83XX 88XX
    Theme Cost: FREE

Bottom Dock Icons Are USer Customizable
    Last edited by StevenInSTL; 10-19-08 at 08:03 AM.
    10-18-08 09:44 PM
    available in pink too

10-18-08 09:47 PM
    Nice! Are the home screen icons customizable or fixed?
    10-19-08 03:07 AM
    Very nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 03:15 AM
    Well done!
    10-19-08 05:43 AM
    All of my themes that I am posting (NEW) will have the icons cusomizable.
    10-19-08 08:02 AM
    Why is it that your themes have customizable icons on the home screen, yet everyone else can't seem to grasp the need for this? Why are you the only one that seems to do things right... the first time?
    10-19-08 10:03 AM
    Several theme makers who have a copy of the beta version of Plazmic CDK v4.6 are now able to make themes featuring user customizable homescreen icons. This is a feature that is not available in the current public release of CDK v4.5. But I suspect that an official/final version of CDK v4.6 will be released soon, with the Developers Conference, etc. One of the major drawbacks of the current beta is that it doesn't allow for TrueType fonts to be used in themes, only the fonts packaged within the CDK/Theme Builder program can be used.
    10-19-08 12:20 PM
    Very nice Steven!

10-19-08 12:47 PM
    Several theme makers who have a copy of the beta version of Plazmic CDK v4.6 are now able to make themes featuring user customizable homescreen icons. This is a feature that is not available in the current public release of CDK v4.5. But I suspect that an official/final version of CDK v4.6 will be released soon, with the Developers Conference, etc. One of the major drawbacks of the current beta is that it doesn't allow for TrueType fonts to be used in themes, only the fonts packaged within the CDK/Theme Builder program can be used.
    thats not entirely true. there are certain tt fonts that work. you just need to make a few changes. notice that i did not use certain system fonts, but a ttf on this theme.
    10-19-08 07:55 PM
    Why is it that your themes have customizable icons on the home screen, yet everyone else can't seem to grasp the need for this? Why are you the only one that seems to do things right... the first time?
    lol....thanks...guess it was because I had this tester a few months ago that drove me to be perfect...lol
    10-19-08 07:56 PM
    thats not entirely true. there are certain tt fonts that work. you just need to make a few changes. notice that i did not use certain system fonts, but a ttf on this theme.
    I'm referring to the majority of TrueType (non-stock looking) fonts that most builders would like to use in their themes; but are unable to do so because those fonts are not compatible with this beta version.
    10-19-08 08:14 PM
    Good job those look great!!
    10-19-08 08:19 PM
    Very nice I like it a lot. It's much better with just 8 icons in the home screen. 16 was just a little too much scrolling.
    10-20-08 03:30 PM
    SWEET! I'm gonna use this one as well. I love this one. Good Job Steve!

10-20-08 03:39 PM
    ok I downloaded the theme where do I found it on blackberry. sorry new to this
    I looked up under themes and it's not there but I can see where I downloaded
    10-20-08 04:01 PM
    I do not know why you would say this, I believe every theme builder at PimpMyBerry makes all their themes user customizable.

This is a great theme Steve, I am using it for the next few days
    10-20-08 05:55 PM
    ok I downloaded the theme where do I found it on blackberry. sorry new to this
    I looked up under themes and it's not there but I can see where I downloaded
    This theme isnt for a 81XX are you sure you downloaded the correct one? If Steve made one for the 81XX it would be posted as such.
    10-20-08 05:59 PM
    i have it downloaded for my 8330 and cant find where to set it in my options, i have it saved to my card... any help would be appreciated
    10-20-08 06:01 PM
    Its because of Plazmic 4.6. It enables users to create themes with user customized icons. Head to Pinstack, they've released animated and user customized themes for months now.

10-21-08 06:40 AM
    I downloaded this theme yesterday, I"m using it now, it's awesome thanks steven.
    10-21-08 07:59 AM
    i have it downloaded for my 8330 and cant find where to set it in my options, i have it saved to my card... any help would be appreciated
    Steven only offer OTA themes in his website pimpmyberry.com. In order to download OTA (Over The Air) Themes you would have to do it on your phone.
    *must have data plan*
    10-21-08 08:02 AM
    Its because of Plazmic 4.6. It enables users to create themes with user customized icons. Head to Pinstack, they've released animated and user customized themes for months now.

Oh thats funny! The theme designers on Pinstack have NOT been releasing animated or customizable icon themes for Months...what a joke! They have been releasing them as long as I have...becasue we all used the SAME version of the 4.6 Themebuilder that was in Beta.

Oh..gotta love some of the themes that the Pinstack Theme Experts release...junk...distorted icons, pixelated backgrounds. I do agree some of them know what they are doing (ie Cheri, Dr Devious...) but a few of them should learn to use photoshop of gimp a little better before calling themselves "theme experts"...
    10-21-08 08:28 AM
    Oh..gotta love some of the themes that the Pinstack Theme Experts release...junk...distorted icons, pixelated backgrounds.
    Kinda like yours? I've downloaded your themes many many times. They are also distorted and pixelated as well. The only ones that isn't are the ones you have to pay for. Sorry to say, but that's my opinion. You stated yours, as I have mine.
    I wonder why Crackberry put Zman's "Storm" themes on the front page instead of yours?

http://crackberry.com/pearl-user-tur...-or-storm-free

No, Pinstack doesn't have tons of great theme designers but the top ones, like you mentioned, make awesome themes. Sorry that you missed all those themes.

I seen user customizable icon themes on there way before I seen them on here, as well as animated ones. All for free.

Sorry I stated my opinion.
    Last edited by AClayeJ; 10-21-08 at 09:23 AM.
    10-21-08 09:16 AM
    I could care less who gets featured where.

I'm just tired of seeing people who claim to be "theme experts" make crappy themes.

You pay upwards of $800 for a device...you want a piece of crap on there as a theme? Or a glorified wallpaper theme? I've seen a ton of those being posted..and SOLD! I just think its time that theme developers got a little serious when making themes. There are some great designers out there...and there are ones that just need to give it up...
    10-21-08 12:00 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD