Why is it that some theme makers can't get the centering of the date, time and carrier correct? Stop trying to center it with the bounding box just around the time or date itself. The centering, left justify and right justify options are there for a reason.

If you want the date, time and carrier to be centered (and stay continuously centered as the time and date change), stretch the bounding box out to reach both sides of the screen for each of the items and then select the centering option. This will cause each item to remain centered even when the date and time change.

The problem with some current themes is that creators are centering the 12:34 PM and the Thur Jan 13 over each other. These two items change size with time and date changes so unless you stretch the bounding box to both sides of the screen the items will become uncentered constantly.

I hope this little tidbit of info improves the attention to detail in themes from this point forward.

EDIT: Let's take a look at an example. No offense meant to the creator of this theme, just using it to explain the problem.

In the Precision theme (kind of ironic if you ask me), see how the time and date are centered with the numbers of the time centered over the date? Once you actually use this theme and the time changes it will look really awful when everything is kicked to one side due to a lack of attention to detail.

Here's an example of the correct method of centering...

See how everything lines up nicely even when the time doesn't have two numbers in the hour?
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 08-11-08 at 11:56 AM.
    08-11-08 09:20 AM
    08-11-08 10:13 AM
    ^^ Best reply ever!!
    08-11-08 10:51 AM
    I especially like the fact that your picture of a perfected alignment does not show up. :P (Followup: Apparently my stupid firewall is blocking the images) <---bonehead

Just a jab, but I agree with your point.
    Last edited by daniel.black; 08-11-08 at 12:01 PM.
    08-11-08 10:54 AM
    Pic shows up just fine. Try reloading the page?
    08-11-08 11:47 AM
    ^^ Best reply ever!!
    Instead of making useless replies maybe you should take that time to go back and edit your themes since you fall into the category in which I wrote this post about.
    08-11-08 11:51 AM
    Trev, you always make my day...
    08-11-08 11:51 AM
    I guess you have a point...

I am very picky about my themes... and having the date off center or having icons get cut off by other items really annoys me. I do not think it is right that you targeted those 3 themes by eveek, because they are really amazing, free themes... and many people love them

But your point is valid, none the less
    08-11-08 11:53 AM
    People are doing the best they know how and just sharing screenshots, do not hurt feelings. Take it in the spirit in which it was given. Sharing. I am a little off centered myself and my theme matches my personality, it is all in fun. Geesh!

It ain't that serious, please. 'CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?"
    08-11-08 11:58 AM
    I guess you have a point...

I am very picky about my themes... and having the date off center or having icons get cut off by other items really annoys me. I do not think it is right that you targeted those 3 themes by eveek, because they are really amazing, free themes... and many people love them

But your point is valid, none the less
    Not "targeting" all 3 themes there, just the one in the center (Precision). They were the easiest ones to find since there was a thread at the top about them. Heck I can find themes that you have to PAY for that are like this also. One of the main reasons I learned how to use Plazmic.
    08-11-08 11:58 AM
    People are doing the best they know how and just sharing screenshots, do not hurt feelings. Take it in the spirit in which it was given. Sharing. I am a little off centered myself and my theme matches my personality, it is all in fun. Geesh!

It ain't that serious, please. 'CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?"
    Whoa whoa, I think you're in the wrong forum topic. If you want to just share screen shots of your home screen there's a thread for that in another forum.

This is for theme development and I was just sharing so that maybe we could get this problem corrected. If you don't see it as an issue then there's nothing to worry about for you then.
    08-11-08 12:03 PM
    I'm suprised this has not already been addressed...

For One... CENTERING JUST BECAME AVAILABLE!

Prior version of CDK did not allow for centering of the Date/Time. The theme developer had to do it by eye...and I guess not everyone has the perfect eye centering capabilities.

CDK 4.5 allows for the centering of the date/time now.

The themes you chose to use as examples were most likely made with CDK 4.2.2 (No centering capabilities built in).
    08-11-08 12:31 PM
    I'm suprised this has not already been addressed...

For One... CENTERING JUST BECAME AVAILABLE!

Prior version of CDK did not allow for centering of the Date/Time. The theme developer had to do it by eye...and I guess not everyone has the perfect eye centering capabilities.

CDK 4.5 allows for the centering of the date/time now.

The themes you chose to use as examples were most likely made with CDK 4.2.2 (No centering capabilities built in).
    OK, one more time. I only used that theme as AN EXAMPLE so people could clearly see the problem. I don't care what CDK they were made with. There are themes made with 4.5 out now that still have this issue, this is why I made this thread. If you'd like me to point out another theme made with 4.5 I wouldn't have to look far. I thought maybe I'd help out some people making themes but since everyone here seems to just want to make comments unrelated to the topic then it was pointless.

If one person was assisted with this thread then I suppose it made a difference no matter what everyone else thinks.
    08-11-08 12:45 PM
    Trev, you always make my day...
    Well I try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 01:17 PM
    I understand your point... Really I do...its a peeve of mine as well. There ore only a handful of theme developers that actually care what the themes look like..and do not take the time make it look "perfect".

Another Peeve...images that are not sized correctly or pixelated. Come on people use images that are high quality...and if they don't fit "perfectly" into your dimension...figure out a way to make it look better..other than slapping an image that is so distorted it looks like a circus mirror!

sorry about the hi-jack...but you got me on a roll too after looking at a few themes that were posted...
    08-11-08 01:21 PM

I damn near pissed myself!
    08-11-08 05:44 PM
    08-11-08 08:19 PM
    haha @ trev42088's reply!
    08-12-08 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD