02-03-11 10:26 AM
31 12
tools
    Fairly simple theme, just wanted to make something tonight for everyone.

Temporary OTA: OS6 Improved in Red 1.0

UPDATE: I figured some people might not want pink BBM icons; I fixed that and a few other things.
    The old link is still active for anyone who does want pink bbm icons.
    OS6 Improved in Red 1.1

Sorry bout the pink BBM icons (didn't see that when I changed emails to green) and slightly cut-off alarm icon. But this should hold everyone over till the really good free stuff starts coming out.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 01-28-11 at 12:49 AM.
    01-27-11 10:37 PM
    LOVE IT!!! It's great to see something different...

Not sure about the pink BBM icon either, no worries though. You're the first one to offer a free theme!
    01-27-11 10:45 PM
    Lol, I decided I'd release a free 0s6 theme as soon as theme builder came out, didn't want everyone to quickly buy junk themes just to have something different before the good ones start coming out.
    01-27-11 10:47 PM
    This is cool! Thanks for the first new theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 11:06 PM
    OMG.
    The top bar.
    Its tiny.

I love you.
    01-27-11 11:09 PM
    Oh crap, it didn't change my icon layout! Hallelujah!!

01-27-11 11:14 PM
    Edit: added version 1.1, fixed the pink bbm icons and some other stuff.
    New version won't over write old one I think.
    01-27-11 11:25 PM
    The fonts are ridiculosusly large in all my screens. I've got it set on 5 and can't read anything.

01-27-11 11:30 PM
    OMG.
    The top bar.
    Its tiny.

I love you.
    Lol, I guess you wont need my help finding a good 5.0 theme anymore!
    01-27-11 11:33 PM

And none of the AT&T junk that I hid became visible when I ran the new theme.
    01-27-11 11:35 PM
    The fonts are ridiculosusly large in all my screens. I've got it set on 5 and can't read anything.

Yeah, the os6 theme builder has some bugs and fonts seems to be one of them.
    Some banners/icons can't be transparent either.
    I'm sure RIM will release an updated builder in a few months with some of those bugs fixed.
    01-27-11 11:39 PM
    @SCrid2000 I didn't know that you do themes. Looks good!
    01-27-11 11:40 PM
    @SCrid2000 I didn't know that you do themes. Looks good!
    I dabble in all kinds of things. Jack of all trades, master of none.

01-27-11 11:46 PM
    Edit: added version 1.1, fixed the pink bbm icons and some other stuff.
    New version won't over write old one I think.
    The new version doesn't over write the old one. But I like the one without the pink BBM icons better.
    01-27-11 11:47 PM

Does anyone know is this an OS 6 feature, or a Theme Builder one? I don't have a Torch so I haven't look at those themes at all...
    01-27-11 11:49 PM

yee, same. but i'm on 6
    01-27-11 11:51 PM
    Lol, I guess you wont need my help finding a good 5.0 theme anymore!
    Hahaa yep. I'm happy now.
    01-27-11 11:57 PM
    No huge font in version 1.1. I'm using font size 7. My calendar items are not chopped off.

01-28-11 01:04 AM
    Does anyone know is this an OS 6 feature, or a Theme Builder one? I don't have a Torch so I haven't look at those themes at all...
    @ridesno, that's kind of "what comes first, chicken or egg" kind of question Can't have one without the other!
    I guess you could say it's an OS6 feature since it is universal to all themes, default BB6 included.

At first it seems awesome, as you guys are seeing. Then as you start finding favourite themes you want to swap between, you realize the grass isn't so green on the other side.

OS5 Pro: Icon order remembered when you return to a theme.
    Con: on first use of a theme, icons are returned to a default order.

OS6 Pro: Current icon order preserved when new theme is activated.
    Con: A theme's last icon order is not remembered, so if you're switching between themes with custom layouts, you have to re-arrange a bit each time.

Example: You start noticing this when Theme A has a Weather Slot for Icon #1 and 6 Home Screen slots for Icons #2-7, and Theme B has 4 Home Screen slots for Icons #1-4 and a Waether Slot for Icon #5.

Still better this way, as at least your fave icons are all by the top, but just too bad they couldn't combine the Pros of each.
    01-28-11 03:37 AM
    I dabble in all kinds of things. Jack of all trades, master of none.

You are always hard at work for us 9650 owners, I just want you to know that you are appreciated.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    01-28-11 03:43 AM
    I don't usually get into different themes, but thought I would try this. I'm running 6.0.0.415 on my 9650.

I noticed that, as I scroll through my icons on the "All" page, that my background wallpaper jumps, in whichever direction I am scrolling. I didn't see that happen with the Verizon theme......just an observation. I don't know enough about different themes to style this as criticism or not.

I really like the transparency of the menus, but after reading legal briefs for a number of years, the font size is smaller than I would prefer, though I have not yet changed that.

The icons all appear in the same locations as they occupy in the standard Verizon.

Thanks for the work!

EDIT: Spoke too soon re: icon placement. I rebooted b/c google maps froze and after reboot, icons all scrambled...
    Last edited by pick; 01-28-11 at 09:42 PM.
    01-28-11 09:22 PM
    I tried a couple different themes yesterday/last night, and, at the moment, I am back to the Verizon stock theme.

I rebooted my 9650 this morning; after the reboot, I found that several icons which were located in folders, such as the Media folder, were duplicated on the home screen. Foe example, the "video" and "pictures" icons from the Media folder were duplicated on the home screen.

How can I eliminate these duplicate icons?
    01-29-11 10:09 AM
    is it hard to change the highlight to blue? Or back to the stock blue (it happens to be my color of choice...) or a theme without the change in highlight color? If not, don't worry about it...anything is better than stock.
    01-29-11 10:45 AM
    I've theming a bit on my own with 6bv2. Did you get universal search results to work with de Blackberry6 preset in themebuilder?
    01-30-11 05:24 AM
    I was so excited when I saw this theme. Its what I've been looking for. But when I downloaded it to my curve 3g, running os 6, it didn't show up in my theme section so I'm guessing its not compatable. So just seeing if you could make it for the 9300 os 6? Thanks either way!!!

01-31-11 03:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD