09-30-10 08:01 PM
452 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    @ scott: yeah it was very hard with the 85xx since it doesn't have as many pixels, but I had to reduce the size of the top banner to make room for the application name (notice the gap under the bottom dock), because many complained about not having the application names pop up. So since there's less real estate for the top banner, I had to cram all that info in there, sorry =(

@ japanangel: shouldn't be too long now, sit tight! Glad to know my efforts are acknowledged though

Btw totally random, but due to the release earlier today for the Nexus one in AT&T/Rogers 3G bands, I will be selling my beloved custom chrome 9700 and purchasing that, whilst leaving the BB world. I will probably be back someday, most likely when RIM gets their act together and makes a truly engaging and refresh of the current BB OS, cause it's pretty boring, I think most of us can agree. That's why I tried to theme the crap out of it, but that can only take things so far. Anyways the point of the story is that I enjoy theming for the BB so I will probably be testing on simulators, but don't be surprised if I ask for beta testers down the road.
    03-17-10 12:59 AM
    Even with having to cram all that stuff in, the 85xx basic version is still stunning in my opinion! Guaranteed, the minute u get pro & ultimate updated I'll be getting it like THAT! *insert finger snap here* ^_^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 01:08 AM
    [...]
    Btw totally random, but due to the release earlier today for the Nexus one in AT&T/Rogers 3G bands, I will be selling my beloved custom chrome 9700 and purchasing that, whilst leaving the BB world. I will probably be back someday, most likely when RIM gets their act together and makes a truly engaging and refresh of the current BB OS, cause it's pretty boring, I think most of us can agree. That's why I tried to theme the crap out of it, but that can only take things so far. Anyways the point of the story is that I enjoy theming for the BB so I will probably be testing on simulators, but don't be surprised if I ask for beta testers down the road.
    03-17-10 08:39 AM
    what is all about Nexus!
    03-17-10 12:46 PM
    I can certainly understand that. Good luck with the Nexus One, and let us know what you think of it! I'm curious about it too since it was announced for AT&T (but I do love the "universal inbox" on the BlackBerry...).
    03-17-10 12:54 PM
    I can certainly understand that. Good luck with the Nexus One, and let us know what you think of it! I'm curious about it too since it was announced for AT&T (but I do love the "universal inbox" on the BlackBerry...).
    Yeah I'm just waitin' on a buyer for my 9700, I put an ad up on Kijiji =) I will be sure to let everyone know.
    03-17-10 01:19 PM
    Hey Vince, I currently have version 4.0 that has the two rows with four icons to the right. Im not sure which one I have but how do I update it and what has changed?
    An automatic email will be generated for all MobiHand/CrackBerry store purchasers once an update is pushed. As of now, nothing has been pushed yet so don't worry.
    03-17-10 01:20 PM
    The first post has a link to the free versions, take a look there please.
    03-17-10 01:24 PM
    Hey guys, I ran into a big problem that can slow down getting this theme out to everyone so I need your opinions, FAST!

Here's the issue:

As the date gets longer, for example Saturday, September 23, it will cut into the profiles icon inevitably. My solution is to move it where the status text is for icon rollover:

This is cool because now I get to make the time super big, which I know a lot of people like, and losing the status text is not a huge deal I think because the icons are stock and most of you are familiar with them by now. What does everyone think? This theme is for YOU guys, so let me know, and fasttt, I really wanna get this out!

Btw julio, congrats on theme roundup recognition
    03-17-10 01:29 PM
    Vince: you already know my opinion, lol! No need for status text, bigger clock is always a plus!

03-17-10 01:49 PM
    i love the big clock
    Okay, that's good, I'll probably do that then.

What about this, people:

This way, the left half of the theme has date, time, and the right side has network-related things.
    03-17-10 01:50 PM
    Vince: you already know my opinion, lol! No need for status text, bigger clock is always a plus!

So like this then?

03-17-10 01:55 PM
    Mmmm, I just LOVE how this theme goes with wallpapers

03-17-10 01:59 PM
    Status text is a must!
    03-17-10 02:02 PM
    Status text is a must!
    Uh... oh... lol
    03-17-10 02:03 PM
    Personally, the only time I care about status text on icon rollover is if it's a weather icon (Since that is where have my conditions) but that is not a big deal at all since CLEARLY if the icon is a cloud then it's probably 'overcast' Haha. I don't need status text.

I like the second version you posted with the date on the left side of the screen!
    03-17-10 02:06 PM
    All right all right, what about this then:

That's the only spot I have for the status text, and it's kinda cool I guess because if you hover over your weather slot, the text pops up right beside it. And it's low profile, so it's not really in the way of anything. Yeah, I think I like this setup now! Any disagreements?!
    03-17-10 02:18 PM
    Great!
    I like it
    03-17-10 02:21 PM
    Great! ...now I have to re-do all 30 of them and re-upload all 60 variations... fun times

(kill me now)
    03-17-10 02:28 PM
    Love the changes! Do eeeeet~

03-17-10 02:35 PM
    Great! ...now I have to re-do all 30 of them and re-upload all 60 variations... fun times

(kill me now)
    It looks great but, oh noooooooooo....I thought I was going to have this gem today Oh well, I will continue to wait patiently. Thanks for all the time and effort put into it.
    03-17-10 02:51 PM
    Nope, it's gonna stay like that :P

And don't worry, you're not being annoying. Feedback is feedback, and I love all forms of it.
    03-17-10 03:16 PM
    It looks great but, oh noooooooooo....I thought I was going to have this gem today Oh well, I will continue to wait patiently. Thanks for all the time and effort put into it.
    I was hoping to get it today too! Been checking multiple times a day since the beginning!

03-17-10 03:42 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been checking back constantly! I get excited every time my phone goes off! (I'm subscribed to this thread)

Also @Japanangel - how do you quote posts from your phone? Do you just have to remember the HTML for it, or is there an option I'm just missing?

Vince, thanks again so much for putting this much effort into your theme. ^_^ I don't recall the last time I've been so excited about a theme coming out!
    03-17-10 03:48 PM
    I Can't wait for this update

03-17-10 03:55 PM
452 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD