09-30-10 08:01 PM
452 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Hey Vince I cant remember if I said thank you for all your great work or not. I love the theme & the layout being able to have easy access to all apps & folders. As well I like how the color scheme is laid out for the signal strength & the battery level. Nice to see this def a quality theme. I'm using the ONYXia 4 on my BB Bold 9000 at the moment. Def one of the better & smoother themes I have come across.
    I read your comment but didn't acknowledge my appreciation for your feedback. Thanks so much, great to hear people lovin' my work =)
    03-12-10 02:47 AM
    hello Vince!! i'm really diggin the "4"!! i'm gonna get it!! just a few questions
    1} I already have quick launch! will that interfere w/anything?
    2} Can i put any background behind it?
    3} the iconify comes in 15 or 50 slots does that matter?
    Thanx Man!! i'm out!!
    03-12-10 12:15 PM
    And Also!! I have downloaded the theme builder and have been playing with it and would like to try to build some kool themes!!
    Can some one tell me where i can get better icons! like the 3d icons! just all kinds of icons!! hahah lol even if i have to buy them!!!!!!;-)
    03-12-10 12:37 PM
    Hey bud, to answer some of your questions...

1) Having QuickLaunch beforehand is actually mandatory, so it's a good thing you have it.

2) Yes, it works with any wallpaper on the homescreen/lockscreen.

3) It doesn't matter what Iconify you purchase, it's up to you.

You can find icons anywhere really, there are some really nice ones at DeviantArt.com, just make sure you clear it up with the original creator that it's okay to use their work, and make sure to give them credit! Have fun building themes
    03-12-10 01:01 PM
    Hey bud, to answer some of your questions...

1) Having QuickLaunch beforehand is actually mandatory, so it's a good thing you have it.

2) Yes, it works with any wallpaper on the homescreen/lockscreen.

3) It doesn't matter what Iconify you purchase, it's up to you.

You can find icons anywhere really, there are some really nice ones at DeviantArt.com, just make sure you clear it up with the original creator that it's okay to use their work, and make sure to give them credit! Have fun building themes
    Once again Vince Thankyou!!
    I really like your new and adventureous approach to theme building!! and would like to keep track of your work! do you have a contact list or put me on a mail list when you put out somthing new!!
    keep me posted!!
    03-12-10 01:37 PM
    The time is near, what you have all been waiting for is just around the corner. Check the first post, it's updated with more info =)
    03-16-10 12:54 AM
    Oh! How 'bout we make 'soon' be a code word for 'now'? Haha.

I'm excited!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 12:58 AM
    Let's make "now" a code word for later tonight, if you can stay up a few more hours lol.
    03-16-10 12:59 AM
    You can mess around with the new Basic version, to tide you over until then =P
    03-16-10 12:59 AM
    Nice new screenshots posted on 1st page!
    03-16-10 07:40 AM
    Thanks PDM! All right, so I'm hoping to have rolled out Pro and Ultimate in Red and Blue variations for all devices, including 8500 series by tonight or tomorrow, I hope time will be kind enough to grant me some spare of it =)
    03-16-10 08:07 AM
    Wow!!! Love the rewrites! The red and pro calendar + messages looks amazing. I like how the basic gives a good preview and feel of the other versions. I like all the changes except the fade on both the title and preview text though (on two line option enabled for messages)...but that's not a deal breaker. I can't wait for the release!!!

03-16-10 10:30 AM
    we'll get updates from Mobihand when you push right?
    03-16-10 10:56 AM
    japanangel, I'm glad I have your approval! I'm very excited to release this, it's just so much work to upload everything. Imagine dual red, dual blue, triple red, triple blue, red pro hidden today, blue pro hidden today, red pro calendar, blue pro calendar, red pro messages + calendar, blue pro messages + calendar. Now multiply that across 3 devices, that's effectively 30 different versions that have to get exported, described, and published... my mind explodes every time I think about it lol... But yeah, everything is done and finalized so it's just a matter of when I get 2-3 free hours to get it up and running.

mscooley, all previous purchasers will receive an email with instructions on how to upgrade for free. Since 4.1 is not a direct upgrade to the current version (there's additional options and colour schemes), ONYXia 4.1 is listed as a totally different theme on MobiHand, but it's beneficial this way since it allows me to reward the early adopters with something pretty cool, at least I think so: for supporting my work early on, especially those who were patiently waiting on lag-free updates for the Ultimate series, everyone who purchased the original ONYXia 4 will have all-you-can-download access to the new 4.1 Pro and Ultimate in all colours and variations! You will have a 2-day window of opportunity to download everything, if you so choose.
    03-16-10 11:19 AM
    japanangel, I'm glad I have your approval! I'm very excited to release this, it's just so much work to upload everything. Imagine dual red, dual blue, triple red, triple blue, red pro hidden today, blue pro hidden today, red pro calendar, blue pro calendar, red pro messages + calendar, blue pro messages + calendar. Now multiply that across 3 devices, that's effectively 30 different versions that have to get exported, described, and published... my mind explodes every time I think about it lol... But yeah, everything is done and finalized so it's just a matter of when I get 2-3 free hours to get it up and running.

mscooley, all previous purchasers will receive an email with instructions on how to upgrade for free. Since 4.1 is not a direct upgrade to the current version (there's additional options and colour schemes), ONYXia 4.1 is listed as a totally different theme on MobiHand, but it's beneficial this way since it allows me to reward the early adopters with something pretty cool, at least I think so: for supporting my work early on, especially those who were patiently waiting on lag-free updates for the Ultimate series, everyone who purchased the original ONYXia 4 will have all-you-can-download access to the new 4.1 Pro and Ultimate in all colours and variations! You will have a 2-day window of opportunity to download everything, if you so choose.
    Brilliant. Thanks.
    03-16-10 11:40 AM
    Very smart to give us that much flexibility. Much appreciated Vince.

03-16-10 12:20 PM
    Great job!!!
    I'd like to try new pro or ultimate!
    03-16-10 02:54 PM
    Great job!!!
    I'd like to try new pro or ultimate!
    Unless you haven't updated your device model on your CB profile, the themes don't run on the 83xx phones, sorry =/
    03-16-10 03:00 PM
    Unless you haven't updated your device model on your CB profile, the themes don't run on the 83xx phones, sorry =/

Ah,Ah........... I see I didnt update my profile......
    I got a brand new 9700 and bought last week your pro version of 4.0
    I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-16-10 03:04 PM
    Ah,Ah........... I see I didnt update my profile......
    I got a brand new 9700 and bought last week your pro version of 4.0
    I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh okay, haha that makes more sense now =)
    You're gonna love the new version even more then!
    03-16-10 03:14 PM
    I've got the new basic version up and running! It's gorgeous! ^_^
    03-16-10 07:27 PM
    I can't wait for the release, upon trying ur crimson splash theme, I decided to buy onyxia ultimate, was rather dissapointed with the performance though, glad that you are working to improve it. Hopefully it'd be lagless as crimson splash and more functional. Great concept and good initiatives.

03-16-10 08:06 PM
    I can't wait for the release, upon trying ur crimson splash theme, I decided to buy onyxia ultimate, was rather dissapointed with the performance though, glad that you are working to improve it. Hopefully it'd be lagless as crimson splash and more functional. Great concept and good initiatives.

Thanks Victorieux, I decided to re-do ONYXia 4 because I didn't want to leave people with a bad impression about my abilities. I recognized it could be better, and have taken the time to improve upon it. I'm trying to stay away as best as possible from the "I got your money, k thx bye" mentality I'm noticing from some devs, not all of course.

Anyhow, it just took me 1 and a half hour to upload all the variations of Pro (36 different variations), and I'm gonna take a break before I tackle uploading the Ultimates (24 different variations).

What I'm hoping for is everything to be perfect right off the bat, because it's such a pain to fix, export, upload, and update 60 variations of a theme! I'm kickin' myself for making so many different versions but I like to give people a lot of options, it's the price I have to pay lol.
    03-16-10 09:47 PM
    Great updates. :-) Very nice looking.

I loaded basic on my 8530. I see you made the menu fonts smaller--not good for those of use pushing 50. :-( Unfortunately, tiny fonts don't work for me any more. The time is small too and I can hardly read the date at all.

I do like having the icon in the notification area on the right. It's a perfect spot for the gmail app. Nice work.
    03-16-10 10:12 PM
    Thanks Victorieux, I decided to re-do ONYXia 4 because I didn't want to leave people with a bad impression about my abilities. I recognized it could be better, and have taken the time to improve upon it. I'm trying to stay away as best as possible from the "I got your money, k thx bye" mentality I'm noticing from some devs, not all of course.

Anyhow, it just took me 1 and a half hour to upload all the variations of Pro (36 different variations), and I'm gonna take a break before I tackle uploading the Ultimates (24 different variations).

What I'm hoping for is everything to be perfect right off the bat, because it's such a pain to fix, export, upload, and update 60 variations of a theme! I'm kickin' myself for making so many different versions but I like to give people a lot of options, it's the price I have to pay lol.
    Have more faith in your consumers, Vince! I mean, there's always going to be a bad apple here and there but I think majority of us are pretty smart (I think) and can see when a developer puts in effort to keep their customers happy. The work you put in will definitely pay off in the end. I knew a good thing when I saw way in the beginning. it's painful to wait, but it's worth it!

03-16-10 10:14 PM
452 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD