09-30-10 08:01 PM
452 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'm kind of bummed the bottom screen for contacts is getting scrapped; I like that one.
    03-09-10 11:13 AM
    I'm kind of bummed the bottom screen for contacts is getting scrapped; I like that one.
    Well, a lot of people were complaining about how easy it was to accidentally scroll down all the time. With the theme running much smoother now, it's even easier to accidentally scroll down. So I figured this was the most sensible solution. You can still put your contacts on the second screen, maybe all on the top row or all on the bottom row? Please let me know what you think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 11:16 AM
    Thanks Sam. The weather glitch seems to be a common issue, I don't know why it happens only on the 85xx, it never happens on any other device I theme and code for... and it's not like I do anything different for the 85xx. When I get around to re-making all of ONYXia 4, we'll see if it does it again. I truly hope not!
    Vince, not sure if this helps, but after using the theme on my 8530 for a week now, I've notice that my weather icon updates just fine, when the device is locked! As soon as I unlock and go to the home screen, I still have a bug icon for Weatherbug. Go to the apps screen and the icon looks like it does on the locked screen. Kinda strange.
    03-09-10 03:57 PM
    I don't know if that may be a weatherbug glitch? I use Berryweather and I have never had an issue with it not updating on my 8530.
    03-09-10 04:00 PM
    Hmmm, well seeing as aleah doesn't have a problem with it, try the free version of BerryWeather, and see if that solves your issues.

- Vince
    03-09-10 04:12 PM
    Hello Vince,

I bought the calendar+messages one & I like it very much.
    The best theme ever for BB
    BTW: I have just one comment; I dont like very much the green meters. Color should be closer to the theme or background (softer).
    I dont know if I am the only one but this is what I found so far
    03-09-10 04:37 PM
    The green goes to yellow to orange to red as the battery depletes. But yeah in my re-write I'm doing, it's gonna be a static red or blue, depending on the colour scheme you're on. I got a lot of complaints about the colour-changing battery meter. Meh, I thought it would be helpful, guess not! But I guess that's one thing I love about the forums, there's always great feedback and though I can't cater to everyone, I try my best.

- Vince
    03-09-10 04:40 PM
    i don't know how the extra screens work, but maybe you can add a "second" right screen for the contacts, or limit the scroll down ability to the 2 center icons ?

also, besides the easyness of going down, going back up instead of to the weather slot, was more of a problem.
    03-09-10 09:36 PM
    The green goes to yellow to orange to red as the battery depletes. But yeah in my re-write I'm doing, it's gonna be a static red or blue, depending on the colour scheme you're on. I got a lot of complaints about the colour-changing battery meter. Meh, I thought it would be helpful, guess not! But I guess that's one thing I love about the forums, there's always great feedback and though I can't cater to everyone, I try my best.

- Vince
    I felt the changing colors of the battery meter was the best part, imo. more work goes into changing the color for each percentage than just switching the entire color. Am sad to see it taken away!

03-09-10 10:25 PM
    I've mentioned this but I'd like to see the battery modded on the application screen as well, just because that's the battery you see when you're on the phone. And I do talk a lot, haha...

03-09-10 10:29 PM
    No worries japanangel, we'll make you a custom one, once everything's done. It's the least I can do for your generosity, feedback, and support from the very start of my theming career <3
    03-10-10 12:43 AM
    I don't know if that may be a weatherbug glitch? I use Berryweather and I have never had an issue with it not updating on my 8530.
    Leah, your saying that your weather icon, sitting between the battery and signal meter on the homescreen, updates fine?
    03-10-10 09:44 AM
    Hmmm, well seeing as aleah doesn't have a problem with it, try the free version of BerryWeather, and see if that solves your issues.

- Vince
    I just removed Weatherbug and loaded up BeWeather. I have a nice cloudy icon on the apps screen and locked screen, but still have an umbrella on the home screen.

Leah - What version of OS are your running. I know that Sprint has a higher version than VZW and I could consider loading that to see if it helps.
    03-10-10 10:17 AM
    @Randy - I'm running 5.0.0.459

I do know that there is some problem in some of the older OS builds where icons on the home screen won't update when there are transitions in a theme. I did have that problem before. Upgrading the OS fixed it for me.

03-10-10 11:00 AM
    Then I guess that's the answer, everyone! Time to fire up those Desktop Managers and get upgradin, there's nothing to lose and everything to gain =P

Btw status update: all versions of Ultimate are finished, including the 9700, 9600, 9000, 8900, and 8500 series devices, in red and blue, and with and without OS 5 transitions. I just have to get to making the Pro versions now, which shouldn't take as long as it did to re-write Ultimate.
    03-10-10 12:22 PM
    Btw status update: all versions of Ultimate are finished, including the 9700, 9600, 9000, 8900, and 8500 series devices, in red and blue, and with and without OS 5 transitions. I just have to get to making the Pro versions now, which shouldn't take as long as it did to re-write Ultimate.
    I am SO excited for this to come out for the 85xx! haha. (I'm am such a theme junkie.) ^_^
    03-10-10 01:54 PM
    Hey Vince I cant remember if I said thank you for all your great work or not. I love the theme & the layout being able to have easy access to all apps & folders. As well I like how the color scheme is laid out for the signal strength & the battery level. Nice to see this def a quality theme. I'm using the ONYXia 4 on my BB Bold 9000 at the moment. Def one of the better & smoother themes I have come across.
    Last edited by akmolin; 03-10-10 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more.
    03-10-10 01:58 PM
    Then I guess that's the answer, everyone! Time to fire up those Desktop Managers and get upgradin, there's nothing to lose and everything to gain =P

Is the ultimate rewrite version available on mobihand??

03-10-10 04:37 PM
    Is the ultimate rewrite version available on mobihand??

Not yet, I wanna release everything all at once
    03-10-10 04:42 PM
    Omg I can't wait for the ultimate for the 8530 . I'm soo excited!!!

03-10-10 07:08 PM
    @Randy - I'm running 5.0.0.459

I do know that there is some problem in some of the older OS builds where icons on the home screen won't update when there are transitions in a theme. I did have that problem before. Upgrading the OS fixed it for me.

Leah, your my hero! I wasn't planning on moving up to 459, but I guess I just needed that kick. Weather icon is working fine now. SWEET!
    03-10-10 09:31 PM
    Leah, your my hero! I wasn't planning on moving up to 459, but I guess I just needed that kick. Weather icon is working fine now. SWEET!
    I used to think it was a theme problem, and it sucked since it kept me from using my favorite themes! I'm glad the OS update fixed it! (And glad I could help! ^_^)
    03-10-10 09:50 PM
    I can confirm that upgrading to 459 from the very previous version fixed the problem with my 8530 not updating the weather icon on the homepage. My symptoms were as reported here--the icon updated on the application page and on the locked screen, but not the regular homepage.

Now all is well, except that I can't get Ultimate or Pro yet.
    And I wanted to take a look at the files behind the versions 1 and 2, but the links are broken still.

Other than that, all is well.
    03-11-10 01:38 AM
    Thanks for the further confirmation, psa0! Let me look into the links issue. And the Pro/Ultimate versions will be coming once midterms are done. Ultimate is actually done, like I said, but I want a global release for all versions of the theme and devices, unlike the fragmented/messy release I did originally. It just leads to a cleaner launch, imo.
    03-11-10 01:41 AM
    Okay, the links for ONYXia 1 and 2 source files are fixed and will be ready to download in 5 minutes.
    03-11-10 01:51 AM
452 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD