09-30-10 08:01 PM
452 1234 ...
tools
    As far as I know, you can use any weather app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ive just tried with weathereye.. just figured it out as i type. I need to move the application to the right position

I will get used to my blackberry at some point
    02-23-10 06:44 PM
    I'm finding that my weather app isn't updating on the homescreen. When I go in and move the application, it'll change, and it changes when I lock the screen. Any clues as to why the app won't update on the home screen by itself?

Are you putting the weather app in slot #18? This will place it in the middle of the top banner. Sometimes, resized icons have issues updating, that is why the weather slot is the full 80x80 pixels. If you're still having issues, maybe a battery pull will solve your problem.

Regards, Vince
    02-23-10 06:58 PM
    thanks for the theme, cant wait for the ultimate version.

just wondering, can anyone tell me what app i need to get the weather on my home screen?
    I'm pretty sure you can use any, I'm using BerryWeather in the screenshots.
    02-23-10 06:59 PM
    i love this themes XD

but i have recently goten really fond of semi transparent / semi transluccent backgrounds for the "menus" (or boxes, or whatever, like, from quicklaunch, or pressing the bb button, etc)

any chance of getting something like that ? (onyxia 4.0 basic, with that modification, would be... good reason for a donation xD, right now im using a theme thats almost stock, but with a scrolling doc, and the transparencies i talked about :P, and i DONT like scrolling docs :P )
    02-23-10 08:04 PM
    Donated. Cant wait to try the themes!! Waiting for my OTA. I have no patiernce!!!LOL
    02-23-10 08:44 PM
    Sorry, was having a nap! All PM's and donations have been answered =)
    02-23-10 10:39 PM
    nice theme...

ty..
    02-23-10 11:31 PM
    nice theme...

ty..
    You're welcome, I'm glad you like it.
    02-24-10 02:50 AM
    Preview time is over, ONYXia 4 is now officially launched!!! Please check original post for all the info =)
    Last edited by VinceThePrince; 02-24-10 at 06:09 AM.
    02-24-10 02:53 AM
    Just purchased pro and waiting for download to be emailed. Great looking theme!
    02-24-10 09:47 AM
    a chance i can get a custom build with the transparencies i mentioned ? :P
    02-24-10 10:24 AM
    well, just bought ultimate :P

if you ever feel like making me a custom of basic/pro/ultimate, just let me know :P

ps: i never made my "stock" theme with the info i asked you for a long time ago, i found one just like i needed for the storm 2, and then i sold the s2 and got this 9700 XD

ps2: i thought the CB store could use my mobihand user, and paypal, but, oh well :P
    02-24-10 10:55 AM
    Thanks for the support guys! Didn't think this theme would take off so well! As for the custom builds, try asking me again in a few days as I am being bombarded with requests left and right, at the moment. In regards to the CB store and MobiHand, I apologize sincerely, I should have put links for both stores. I have since corrected the issue now, and users have an option to pay at CB store OR MobiHand.

- Vince
    02-24-10 11:22 AM
    Hi Vince, i have just bought the ultimate version and its great, however, its really slow at scrolling through the home screen menu. Any ideas?
    02-24-10 02:18 PM
    Thats a good idea....
    02-24-10 02:45 PM
    I really like this theme a lot. Is there any way you can make a basic for OS 4.6 though?
    02-24-10 03:01 PM
    It doesn't give me that option to export, sorry...
    02-24-10 06:03 PM
    I have admired the rapid evolution of the ONYXia theme since its initial v1 release in Dec 2009. VinceThePrince has certainly taken on a lot of advice to continually improve the various flavours of the theme and strive to please the BB community.

These latest flavours of the theme are certainly pushing the boundaries of the tools available to him and I personally haven't seen anything else like it... the passion and dedication is there for all to see!

Any chance of offering the free version with a hidden today?
    Thats a good idea....
    For all of you whom want some sort of customisation... I would strongly recommend that you PM VinceThePrince, in a few days as he's requested above, and make a donation for his time and effort. As, I've just had some modifications made and he was certainly very responsive and a pleasure to work with.
    02-24-10 06:07 PM
    well, i went back to another theme for now, cant live without my transparencies :P

a pro or basic version would be better for me.

the normal home screen from the ultimate one is really nice, but i dislike the slowness of the transitions to the other screens, coming back from them is even.. worse, and i tend to accidentally go to the bottom one :P

its cool in theory, but current hard/soft cant execute it well

maybe disabling those transitions would help ? i mean, its better to have a hard (maybe ugly) change of screen, instead of some slow/buggy one :P

im not mad or anything because im not going to use the theme i bought tho, i had used v1, 1.4, and 2.1 (had similar issues with v3), and hadn't donated anything.

ps: does the pro version have transitions ? as of now, v2.1 is similar to v4 basic, but with nice transitions :P

ps2: will come again to ask for a custom version with the transparencies :P
    02-24-10 08:41 PM
    I downloaded ultimate! Great theme, has severe lag! Need updating. Great concept, can u fix and update. D/L from Mobiand

02-24-10 11:47 PM
    I noticed some lag on the themes.

Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-25-10 at 01:32 PM.
    02-25-10 12:21 AM
    I wanted to post my thoughts on Onyxia 4. I hope this is not taken the wrong way. I am just hoping that it helps provide feedback for Vince and he can decide what to do with that.

First of all, I think Vince the Prince is the MAN and he has blessed us with a great free theme. I hope what I have to say doesnt detract from that.

I installed Onyxia 4 to replace 1.4. I installed the ULTIMATE version.

I have to say I switched back to 1.4. 1.4 is just so clean and great. here are the reasons why
    • I feel that 1.4 just looks so much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing. The leather looks awesome and all the colors work together. I felt that in 4, it didnt look as neat. The battery inticator and signal indicator dont look as "refined" and it looks like a lot of information crammed into a screen rather than laid out like in 1.4
    • 4 seems to lag. 1.4 is as quick as a Porsche when you switch between screens
    • on 4, the contact menu would always come up. I think this is activated when you scroll down. Problem is, you dont have to scroll much so it always just pops up.
    • I like the side menu thing when you scroll right or left off the screen. But the lag times jsut bothered me too much
    • when contacts came up, its only 6 contacts. I dont know how much I would really use this feature when I can just speed dial a ton of contacts without the theme.
    • I also dont like how you have to get another program (Iconify) to fully utilize the theme to make Icons for contacts or webpages. It would be nice if the theme stood on its own.

The bottom line is I just like how nice 1.4 looks. Clean, beautiful, organized, and uncluttered. Even though I switched back, i am going to let Vince Keep the donation as he deserves it for trying so hard and for giving us so many free themes.

I know I can go to the Pro Version and a lot of the features I didnt like wouldn't be there, but again it comes down to the fact that I dont feel it does much more than 1.4 and 1.4 is so damn clean!

Vince, thank you so much. I hope you don't take offense to anything I posted. Its easy to criticize. I could not do 1/100th of what you do!
    02-25-10 01:45 PM
    what do you like more about 1.4 than 2.1 ?

i loved 1.4, but 2.1 was so cool too :P

3 and 4 without the extra screens are super nice too :P
    02-25-10 06:13 PM
    Thanks for the review Diamond Dog. I truly don't take it to heart. In fact, it motivates to make even more appealing themes. I understand that it's not perfectly smooth, but these are just some of things you have to learn along the way. And boy, I sure am glad because now I've discovered a way to do a multi-screen setup with 1/20th of the lag compared to ONYXia 4 Ultimate. It's trial and error, and I make my themes available to show my progression as a theme developer. I have a lot of passion for what I do, and so much appreciation for those that provide feedback, positive or negative, or simply to say thanks!

- Vince
    02-25-10 06:35 PM
    I appreciate the effort. Thanks again.
    02-25-10 06:37 PM
452 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD