09-30-10 07:01 PM
452 ... 1516171819
tools
    Hey bud, if you check out the 8900 section on the forums, there are some newer OS's available, you don't HAVE to stick with official Rogers releases (I doubt they will publish anything newer for the Curve 8900 anymore). There's also instructions on how to update. I only release for 4.7 and up for the 8900, so unless you're willing to upgrade, you won't be able to use it.

- Vince
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will go and have a look at 8900 section and see if I will upgrade.
    thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 10:40 PM
    Well, the Media is not actually changed to three icons, they just added an additional three icons, there is still a Media icon there. A lot of us on 5.0 have that "issue", but really it's just a matter of hover -> BB button -> Hide for those icons and we're back to bein' happy
    03-31-10 09:56 AM
    Quick question. Let me first admit that I have not read through all 29 pages, so forgive me in advance if this has been discussed.

I just d'loaded the Ultimate Dualscreen for my 9700 and I LOVE IT!!! I didn't think I would be as big of a fan of it as I am!

I noticed one TEENY problem. I attempted a screen capture, but cannot as it happens when the phone is locked. The lockpad symbol overlaps the carrier name on the bottom right corner. Again, it doesn't bother me as the lockpad is transparent, so you can still see the AT&T there. But, just wanted to point that out. Don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but either way... Just FYI!

Thanks SO MUCH Vince for your AMAZING hard work! I LOVE the theme!!! =)
    03-31-10 12:22 PM
    Quick question. Let me first admit that I have not read through all 29 pages, so forgive me in advance if this has been discussed.

I just d'loaded the Ultimate Dualscreen for my 9700 and I LOVE IT!!! I didn't think I would be as big of a fan of it as I am!

I noticed one TEENY problem. I attempted a screen capture, but cannot as it happens when the phone is locked. The lockpad symbol overlaps the carrier name on the bottom right corner. Again, it doesn't bother me as the lockpad is transparent, so you can still see the AT&T there. But, just wanted to point that out. Don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but either way... Just FYI!

Thanks SO MUCH Vince for your AMAZING hard work! I LOVE the theme!!! =)
    Great to know you're enjoying the theme, thanks for the purchase! Don't worry about the previous 29 pages, that was never brought up once, so you lucked out

Wow, what a great find. I'm running one of the newer OS's where they get rid of the lock screen entirely (whole screens turns immediately black when you push lock button), so I never would have been able to catch that! I'll add it to my to-do list for the next update, which sadly won't be for a few weeks, as final exams are full-throttle right now so all theming on my end has stopped other than occassional forum visits, and to answer questions such as yours. Thanks again!

- Vince
    03-31-10 12:26 PM
    Great to know you're enjoying the theme, thanks for the purchase! Don't worry about the previous 29 pages, that was never brought up once, so you lucked out

Wow, what a great find. I'm running one of the newer OS's where they get rid of the lock screen entirely (whole screens turns immediately black when you push lock button), so I never would have been able to catch that! I'll add it to my to-do list for the next update, which sadly won't be for a few weeks, as final exams are full-throttle right now so all theming on my end has stopped other than occassional forum visits, and to answer questions such as yours. Thanks again!

- Vince
    Awesome! =) No worries, I'm not in any hurry to have it fixed! Like I said, it's minimal and hardly bothers me! I understand finals! Graduation in May can't come SOONER!!!

Good luck with your exams! Can't wait to see what fixes come in the next updates!
    03-31-10 02:18 PM
    4.5 Pro hidden today, 9700 w/ 5.0.0.586, but showed in earlier revs. The full menu (with explore, receive BT, etc) inside the media folder isn't there, just a generic short one.
    04-01-10 10:18 AM
    That happens to a lot of custom themes, no way to get around that until they fix that bug in Theme Builder.
    04-01-10 01:23 PM
    4.5 Pro hidden today, 9700 w/ 5.0.0.586, but showed in earlier revs. The full menu (with explore, receive BT, etc) inside the media folder isn't there, just a generic short one.
    I don't know if this might be something taken out in your OS compared to mine, but I have a 'files' icon in my applications folder that I would assume does the exact same thing as 'explore' did. The icon is maybe slightly less convenient, but but by too much I wouldn't think.
    04-02-10 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the insight there, aleah =)

I have that icon too, and it pretty much does the same thing, yeah.
    04-03-10 12:36 PM
    hows the update coming that will change the highlights to red, blue, etc? i actually changed themes for a minutes. The black on black was killing my already 28yr old eyes.
    04-07-10 08:17 PM
    Hey sorry for the delay mscooley, but you can expect an update sometime soon after the 20th (which is the last of my final exams). Please understand that I must attend to my academics! On a positive note, I am finally able to release a theme that I've had in the vault for a little over a month (was simply waiting for the original creator of the icons to give me the OK to use his icons). It's called Series 7 (inspired by the new Windows Phone 7 Series. Look out for it sometime tonight =)
    04-08-10 10:39 PM
    Hey sorry for the delay mscooley, but you can expect an update sometime soon after the 20th (which is the last of my final exams). Please understand that I must attend to my academics! On a positive note, I am finally able to release a theme that I've had in the vault for a little over a month (was simply waiting for the original creator of the icons to give me the OK to use his icons). It's called Series 7 (inspired by the new Windows Phone 7 Series. Look out for it sometime tonight =)
    Understood. Trust me. Do what you need to do and good luck on your finals!

04-08-10 10:41 PM
    Vince,

Good luck on your finals! Mine are not until May, but I do have exams Monday and Tuesday next week.

I'm looking forward to your Series 7 theme. All of your other themes have been excellent.
    04-09-10 12:35 AM
    Gettin stoked over the Windows 7 theme...previews looked rad on your site a few days ago!

04-09-10 03:04 PM
    Gettin stoked over the Windows 7 theme...previews looked rad on your site a few days ago!

It's not actually a Windows 7 theme. Well, I guess it is in some ways, but it focuses mainly on the view from the browser, WITHIN a Windows 7 UI. In the meantime, I have finally been able to release a theme I've been waiting to launch for about a month now (finally have confirmation from icon creator to use his work), it's called 7 Series and is inspired by the Windows Phone 7 UI.
    04-09-10 10:47 PM
    liking the battery and signal meters
    04-10-10 03:08 PM
    The media button aka Mute button located at the top of Curve 8520 is not working... it goes to the application page instead of the media selection... The theme used is ONYXia 4.5 Pro Calendar
    04-12-10 08:06 PM
    liking the battery and signal meters
    Hahaha, looks like everyone is hard to please! I just messaged Vince to see if he can get me the old multi-coloured icons back for both :P

On a separate note...

Under setting themes....I then click on Onyxia Ultimate ...

This opens a new window, with stuff like download folders, theme defaults.
    In the menu there is an option for 'theme options'. However upon clicking this it takes me back to the prior screen, which is the 'Theme Chooser' screen. Is this normal? Or do I have some buggy crap?

9700 0.593
    Last edited by pltan75; 04-14-10 at 03:24 AM.
    04-14-10 03:19 AM
    Hahaha, looks like everyone is hard to please! I just messaged Vince to see if he can get me the old multi-coloured icons back for both :P

On a separate note...

Under setting themes....I then click on Onyxia Ultimate ...

This opens a new window, with stuff like download folders, theme defaults.
    In the menu there is an option for 'theme options'. However upon clicking this it takes me back to the prior screen, which is the 'Theme Chooser' screen. Is this normal? Or do I have some buggy crap?

9700 0.593
    According to your last question, yes that is normal. All other inquiries will be answered through PM.
    04-14-10 11:46 AM
    The media button aka Mute button located at the top of Curve 8520 is not working... it goes to the application page instead of the media selection... The theme used is ONYXia 4.5 Pro Calendar
    Is that only with the ONYXia theme, because if not, that may be due to you recently upgrading your OS.
    04-14-10 11:48 AM
    Is that only with the ONYXia theme, because if not, that may be due to you recently upgrading your OS.
    Its the OS!!! Not the theme homeslice.

04-15-10 12:06 AM
    I was hesitant to go for a premium/pay theme, as past experience has shown me that the stuff available for free is very often MUCH better than the stuff that some people put up for sale -- but I really like "non-hidden" today-style themes that display new messages and upcoming calendar items on the home screen, and something about ONYXia made me really want to give it a try. I figured for $3, this one looked like it might be worth a shot.

I'm now running ONYXia 4.5 Pro Messages + Calendar Blue, and I have to say it is VERY impressive! So far, I'd say it was definitely a wise purchase. My hat's off to VinceThePrince, and I look forward to whatever he has coming next.
    04-18-10 02:02 PM
    I was hesitant to go for a premium/pay theme, as past experience has shown me that the stuff available for free is very often MUCH better than the stuff that some people put up for sale -- but I really like "non-hidden" today-style themes that display new messages and upcoming calendar items on the home screen, and something about ONYXia made me really want to give it a try. I figured for $3, this one looked like it might be worth a shot.

I'm now running ONYXia 4.5 Pro Messages + Calendar Blue, and I have to say it is VERY impressive! So far, I'd say it was definitely a wise purchase. My hat's off to VinceThePrince, and I look forward to whatever he has coming next.
    Everyone always prefers free to pay. It's human nature but Vince gave us a ton of free while developing earlier versions of ONYXia. I personally don't hesitate to pay for themes if I know the theme designer is one of the best and Vince has quickly joined this category.

04-18-10 02:41 PM
    Everyone always prefers free to pay. It's human nature but Vince gave us a ton of free while developing earlier versions of ONYXia. I personally don't hesitate to pay for themes if I know the theme designer is one of the best and Vince has quickly joined this category.

I'll second that statement -- I used Onyxia free for quite a long time until Vince released all the new whiz-bang Ultimate, Pro, etc. I bought every one of them, and have bought his other themes sight-unseen. I personally feel he is far and above the best theme developer out there, so anything I can do to help keep him motivated to stay in the community and keep building awesome themes..

His willingness to make a free version in most cases just emphasizes the knee **** reaction I have of "buy first, check it out later" when it comes to Vince's stuff, anyone who gives back to the community like that deserves it.
    04-19-10 01:18 PM
    Hopefully Vincetheprince will update his ultimate theme with some tweaks for userability.

1. In the left most screen, switching the messages icon and the search icon around, would be great, given the small size of the icons, usually causes me to scroll back to the middle screen when trying to highlight the messages icon.

2. Could possibly include an option for user settings of icon sizes?

3. User defined number of icons per page? ( I have no idea how hard this would be to implement. )

Keep up the good work
    04-21-10 06:17 AM
452 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD