09-30-10 07:01 PM
452 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    So I have a question for everyone: anyone interested in a Pro-Ultimate Hybrid? It will have the Pro's bottom dock (16 icons) and no today features on the home screen, but when you scroll to the left, you get the Ultimate version's today-at-a-glance screen? I'm just asking since customers know best, and if there is a market for it, I might spend the time to make it.
    as long as the default pro is not killed, and the speed in the transition is as great as ultimate dual, i would love it XD
    03-25-10 09:57 AM
    So I have a question for everyone: anyone interested in a Pro-Ultimate Hybrid? It will have the Pro's bottom dock (16 icons) and no today features on the home screen, but when you scroll to the left, you get the Ultimate version's today-at-a-glance screen? I'm just asking since customers know best, and if there is a market for it, I might spend the time to make it.
    sounds great!
    03-25-10 10:17 AM
    OK, so, here it is with SMS/MMS highlighted on .545

And this is with SMS/MMS highlighted on .566 beta. Very interesting.

03-25-10 12:53 PM
    HA! So it IS true!
    03-25-10 01:10 PM
    OK, so, here it is with SMS/MMS highlighted on .545

And this is with SMS/MMS highlighted on .566 beta. Very interesting.

Btw are all those text messages already read, or are they unread?
    03-25-10 06:16 PM
    That sounds cool to me. I'd be interested.
    03-25-10 06:21 PM
    @ Vandeleigh - From what I know, Tour (or CDMA devices for that matter) do not show what carrier they're on. I'm assuming it's because they can't roam, so you always know. But that's just my guess. Also, I use QuickLaunch to takes screenshots, that's the only way I know how really. Perhaps others can suggest some alternatives.

@ Vandeleigh - Thank you so much for helping Horry Kow, as this was not a question I could have answered myself! But I have learned it now, and know what to say when someone else asks this!
    Yea, glad I can pitch in actually. I typically am just on receiving end of advice round these parts.

As far as posting a pic of home screen goes, I think I was misunderstood. I too have QL, so I can def snap a photo...but when I'm browsing the forums from my BB, what is the best way to post the pic? Obv, I could email it to myself and post via tiny pic/photo bucket, etc from my PC...but what are some ways people are posting from their BB?

Thanks again for the themes, Vince. Dope stuff in the works it appears...
    03-25-10 07:05 PM
    Yea, glad I can pitch in actually. I typically am just on receiving end of advice round these parts.

As far as posting a pic of home screen goes, I think I was misunderstood. I too have QL, so I can def snap a photo...but when I'm browsing the forums from my BB, what is the best way to post the pic? Obv, I could email it to myself and post via tiny pic/photo bucket, etc from my PC...but what are some ways people are posting from their BB?

Thanks again for the themes, Vince. Dope stuff in the works it appears...
    Ohhh... ummm, if someone could explain how to do that, if it's even possible, would be pretty cool. Cuz I usually do it from my PC. But thanks again Vandeleigh, yeah I'm workin on a new theme called Browser, I'm pretty excited for it. Too bad it's just a concept for now, it's gonna have to wait until after final exams at least to get some real work done.
    03-25-10 07:14 PM
    I really love the Pro version (area today version). It was by far one of my favourite (of all) themes and 4.5 really kicks ***.
    I would likely buy a hybrid but I don't think there would be much improvement unless it included also SMS. I know you already have tons of versions of this theme though so rather than trying to make it more perfect or make more variations and combinations of it, I'd think you would get far more new orders by making variations on this theme

One way would be to use different icon sets, etc. Use the same mechanics and screen formats but combine with elements from different OS, (eg. an Android version with Pro functionality and layout but add Android elements).

Either that or do some line extentions for different colours instead. Purple, green and I guess, pink, for the lovely ladies, might get you some more orders without any icon set changes.

If you were to do line extentions, either with icon sets or colours, I'd try to combine the best of Pro and Ultimate, similar to what you had in mind, or if you see the orders are coming in mostly in one format, stick with that one. That way, the line extention doesn't create 30-60 more products per variation, and support/updates/upgrades becomes easier to manage.

Anyway, there's some food for thought.
    03-25-10 08:52 PM
    Btw are all those text messages already read, or are they unread?
    Interesting quirk, they're all read messages. Weird, huh?
    03-25-10 09:28 PM
    Interesting quirk, they're all read messages. Weird, huh?
    Well, I believe it is the smarter thing to do to NOT invest any time in adding that functionality until RIM makes up their minds regarding the direction they want to head for the SMS Today. Being a beta OS, it's not a concrete indication of what their final plans are. It would suck for me to conjure up SMS in the Today At A Glance screen only for RIM to change their minds and remove it.
    03-26-10 10:26 PM
    I really love the Pro version (area today version). It was by far one of my favourite (of all) themes and 4.5 really kicks ***.
    I would likely buy a hybrid but I don't think there would be much improvement unless it included also SMS. I know you already have tons of versions of this theme though so rather than trying to make it more perfect or make more variations and combinations of it, I'd think you would get far more new orders by making variations on this theme

One way would be to use different icon sets, etc. Use the same mechanics and screen formats but combine with elements from different OS, (eg. an Android version with Pro functionality and layout but add Android elements).

Either that or do some line extentions for different colours instead. Purple, green and I guess, pink, for the lovely ladies, might get you some more orders without any icon set changes.

If you were to do line extentions, either with icon sets or colours, I'd try to combine the best of Pro and Ultimate, similar to what you had in mind, or if you see the orders are coming in mostly in one format, stick with that one. That way, the line extention doesn't create 30-60 more products per variation, and support/updates/upgrades becomes easier to manage.

Anyway, there's some food for thought.
    I really appreciate those suggestions, great post! Different colours are a nightmare to manage for a theme with this many variations, so I'll have to pass on it (even though I'm currently using a custom orange for my own ONYXia Pro Calendar lol). I like this theme in standard icons, as that was the initial concept for the theme. I think the best thing to do from here is to make that hybrid Pro-Ultimate I mentioned, and then fix 4.5 to address those changes that I agree with.
    03-26-10 11:34 PM
    I'm liking the new 4.5 version of Ultimate with 3 screens in blue. No lagging or memory leaks for me. . Nice job on the revision.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-27-10 01:01 AM
    Well, I believe it is the smarter thing to do to NOT invest any time in adding that functionality until RIM makes up their minds regarding the direction they want to head for the SMS Today. Being a beta OS, it's not a concrete indication of what their final plans are. It would suck for me to conjure up SMS in the Today At A Glance screen only for RIM to change their minds and remove it.
    Makes total sense. Best to wait and see what the next official release looks like. I'm sure I'll load it up, so, I'll let you know if it sticks.

I may try the Ultimate triple screen in this version, just for fun.
    03-27-10 01:55 AM
    I'm still loving this theme. Thanks so much Vince!
    03-27-10 05:19 PM
    I'm still loving this theme. Thanks so much Vince!
    Wow, it's great to see you back here to post that after some time, shows you are really lovin' the theme! I'm very happy

On a side note... GSP BABYYY!!! Hahaha xD
    03-28-10 12:46 AM
    Vince,

On 4.0 you use this wallpaper
    Where can I get it?

Thank you
    03-28-10 02:44 PM
    Vince,

On 4.0 you use this wallpaper
    Where can I get it?

Thank you
    That's a preloaded wallpaper on your 9700. Search around and you should find it
    03-28-10 05:19 PM
    many people (myself included :P) shrink that stuff out :P

i have a low quality version of that wallpaper only :P
    03-28-10 06:16 PM
    Wow, it's great to see you back here to post that after some time, shows you are really lovin' the theme! I'm very happy

On a side note... GSP BABYYY!!! Hahaha xD
    Haha, that was a good fight! I was impressed that Hardy got out of those two armbars! Freaking rubber!
    03-28-10 11:32 PM
    No
    It is not in my BB.
    Any name for this file?
    Strange but I think my service provider wipes it out
    Last edited by enotar; 03-29-10 at 12:29 PM.
    03-29-10 12:25 PM
    I've managed to dig it out of the sample Theme Builder files. Here ya go!
    03-29-10 08:33 PM
    thank you Vince
    03-29-10 09:21 PM
    Hello Vince,

I downloaded and installed onyxia basic on my Rogers BB 8900, did the battery pull and I still don't see it under options > Themes.

I downloaded for OS version 4.7 but I only have OS 4.6.1.94 (platform 4.2.0.69). Is this why it is not working ?

I looked up on Rogers web-site and the only software update they have is v4.6.1.378 (Multilanguage).

Hoping you can me help me out here.

Thanks in advance,
    fvjuke
    03-30-10 10:01 PM
    Hey bud, if you check out the 8900 section on the forums, there are some newer OS's available, you don't HAVE to stick with official Rogers releases (I doubt they will publish anything newer for the Curve 8900 anymore). There's also instructions on how to update. I only release for 4.7 and up for the 8900, so unless you're willing to upgrade, you won't be able to use it.

- Vince
    03-30-10 10:12 PM
452 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD