09-30-10 08:01 PM
452 ... 1314151617 ...
tools

@ mscooley - I think a battery pull solves the issue, as I had that happen to me once and I simply pulled battery and it was fine. You are the only person to report this issue as well, so I'm guessing it's a rare occurrence.
    thnx. i tried that twice last night. im installing latest tour leak .591 to see if that makes a diff. look forward to the updates. thanks again!
    03-24-10 10:05 AM
    Bought Ultimate version, downloaded and installed without problem... the 3 home screens are fine but the application screen showing white screen and weird 'box' icon... attached the pics for your reference...

I'm using Curve 8520 OS 5.0.0.509

One more thing, my wife bought PRO + Calendar version, her version got no issue like mine except the weird icons as shown... she is using Curve 8520 OS 5.0.0.509 as well...
    Hmmm I just double checked Utimate Triple Blue OS 5.0 for the 85xx and the app screen wallpaper is the correct one, I have NO idea why it's showing up white like that o_O

As for the icons, it happens to everyone, they just show up like that. Hit the BB button and go to "Hide" and it shouldn't be an issue, as they don't take up significant system resources or anything.
    03-24-10 10:38 AM
    thnx. i tried that twice last night. im installing latest tour leak .591 to see if that makes a diff. look forward to the updates. thanks again!
    Let me know if that fixes your issues, I'm really curious about this one.
    03-24-10 10:38 AM
    it's weird, I even tried uninstall all themes before re-install the Ultimate version and did the battery pull... still no go... =/
    03-24-10 10:43 AM
    it's weird, I even tried uninstall all themes before re-install the Ultimate version and did the battery pull... still no go... =/
    Since no one else is reporting this, maybe it's related to your OS version, which is weird I know since your wife uses same version and does not have the issue. Try installing the Pro that she purchased (have her send the OTA link to your email via her MobiHand/CrackBerry account) and see if the screen is still white. If it is, that means it's your OS for some reason and you can try to upgrade it. That's the only solution I can think of really.
    03-24-10 11:08 AM
    Since no one else is reporting this, maybe it's related to your OS version, which is weird I know since your wife uses same version and does not have the issue. Try installing the Pro that she purchased (have her send the OTA link to your email via her MobiHand/CrackBerry account) and see if the screen is still white. If it is, that means it's your OS for some reason and you can try to upgrade it. That's the only solution I can think of really.
    Ok, will try that. I'm currently using your Basic version and it works fine... Keep you updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 11:12 AM
    Ok, will try that. I'm currently using your Basic version and it works fine... Keep you updated.

Please do =)
    03-24-10 11:14 AM
    Please do =)
    Just tried and it works!

03-24-10 11:20 AM
    Just tried and it works!

Excellent news
    03-24-10 11:21 AM
    Excellent news
    But that doesn't resolve my Ultimate version... I meant her PRO version works on my BB too...

03-24-10 11:23 AM
    But that doesn't resolve my Ultimate version... I meant her PRO version works on my BB too...

Maybe the Ultimate version does not play nice with .509, try to install a newer OS and let me know what happens.
    03-24-10 11:28 AM
    Thanks for including the font issue in your list for updates. Until then I've decided to go back to my old faithful version 2.0. I love the transistions and the fact that the font is user defined. Wish it already included the updated banner, and tranpsarent menus of 4.5, but oh well. By the way, how about doing a blacked out version for future updates...that would be sweet

Thanks so much
    03-24-10 01:18 PM
    Sorry to be the trouble maker but I have to goback to 4.0 for 2 issues:
    even I like a lot the new look

1-semi-transparancy make QuickLaunch not usable (you cannot read the menu in QL)
    2-the application screen dont get the changes on wallpaper (main screen yes)
    I hope these can be fixed
    man, semi transparent background is one of the coolest additions to this theme

i do agree that the FONT COLOUR (that is the "problem") could be lighter, its a bit too dark there.
    03-24-10 02:13 PM
    @ rcocchiaroro - As much as I optimized the engine, running three screens simultaneously does a bit of a toll on the device. We see it with the HTC Sense 7 screens, and the BlackBerry is no exception. To my defense, at least it's about 20 times faster than the original 4.0 Ultimate? Hope you agree!.
    yes, its wayyyyyyyyyyyy faster. I do like it, but i was sold on the 2.1 homescreen, that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better on the last 4.5 pro version :P

so i use that one.

What's on the agenda for ONYXia 4.6

1- change homescreen focus icons to blue/red
    2- make transparent submenus more opaque
    3- make list fonts user-defined
    1- Some transparent blue/red, right ? :P
    2- nooooooooooooooooooooooo its so perfect now :P
    3- always nice to have more options :P

-----------------------

i could sugest looking at the transparency of the "orb" from the top banner for the weather icon, it might be better if it was a little less opaque.

Also, i don't know if most people leave the temp number activated, i do, and its hard to read if i keep it white, so now i turned it black, with a clear white semi transparent square box enabled, its not THAT good looking, so i might turn it off :P
    03-24-10 04:45 PM
    Using the blue basic version for 5.0 8520...all I can say is...itz really clean! I love it..currently using it, thnx man!!

03-24-10 06:09 PM
    Vince, I am glad, too. The dual screen is perfect for me ... I like to have at least 10 icons on my home screen. I don't have QL and have no interest in purchasing it. Having eight icons on the main screen with profiles is fantastic in addition to having the today at a glance screen.
    What would be cool for me would be for the today at a glance to have Messages, Calendar and SMS/MMS since I can't see a use for SearchIt for me, personally. Then I could get Google Maps on my main screen which would then allow me to have all of my most used icons on the main screen and the today at a glance screen while still being able to easily see my wallpaper.
    But, that's just me ... and given the level of functionality of this upgrade, I won't nitpick, especially since it was free.
    And thank you, that's my four month old daughter, Lyla. The light of my life. I just can't stand to have any other wallpapers on my screen when I'm away from her during the work week.
    03-24-10 06:26 PM
    @ Bighouse32 - I have no idea, to be honest o_O

@ Iluvbb - If user-defined fonts are what's going to bring you up to 4.5, then I will be sure to do that for you. And NO, extra colour schemes are OUT OF THE QUESTION! LOL

@ rcocchiararo - I'm not going to completely take away the transparency, but it is too light even for my tastes, I should have tested that more. What exactly is better about the 2.1 homescreen than the 4.5? Yeah I will make the orb tranparency a lighter more see-through. As for the temp. number, I have the txt white on the black leather background or dark backgrounds so it's never been an issue for me. Nothing I can really do, it's up to the user to change their settings for that text to match their wallpaper.

@ swade - You're welcome, if you need more functionality, consider upgrading to the Pro or Ultimate versions! =D

@ quillhill - I have been trying to get that to work (SMS/MMS) for today at a glance, but haven't had too much luck. I don't know what I'm doing wrong -_-
    03-24-10 08:44 PM

@ rcocchiararo - I'm not going to completely take away the transparency, but it is too light even for my tastes, I should have tested that more. What exactly is better about the 2.1 homescreen than the 4.5? Yeah I will make the orb tranparency a lighter more see-through. As for the temp. number, I have the txt white on the black leather background or dark backgrounds so it's never been an issue for me. Nothing I can really do, it's up to the user to change their settings for that text to match their wallpaper.
    nothing about 2.1 is better, i was not clear enough :P

i use a wallpaper switcher, so sometimes my wallpaper is not dark XD

i had some themes with even more transparent backgrounds XD
    03-24-10 09:40 PM
    Ohhh, that's interesting ... I haven't tried building a theme in a while because it's harrrrrrrrd. So, no thoughts here on it, but I hope you find a way. That would rock my socks.
    03-24-10 11:26 PM
    Ohhh, that's interesting ... I haven't tried building a theme in a while because it's harrrrrrrrd. So, no thoughts here on it, but I hope you find a way. That would rock my socks.
    Apparently, the newer OS leaks changed it so SMS/MMS is classified as a Today item by default just as Messages and Calendar, but I haven't tested that. If it's true, I would def. incorporate it and encourage people to upgrade, but I know many are iffy about upgrading to leaked OS's and wait around for an official one.
    03-24-10 11:30 PM
    Apparently, the newer OS leaks changed it so SMS/MMS is classified as a Today item by default just as Messages and Calendar, but I haven't tested that. If it's true, I would def. incorporate it and encourage people to upgrade, but I know many are iffy about upgrading to leaked OS's and wait around for an official one.
    Well they just put out a leaked beta .566 for the 9700 ... I haven't loaded it yet since I just went from .536 beta to .545 official but if you want someone to test it out for you on a leaked beta, gimme a shout.
    03-24-10 11:32 PM
    Well they just put out a leaked beta .566 for the 9700 ... I haven't loaded it yet since I just went from .536 beta to .545 official but if you want someone to test it out for you on a leaked beta, gimme a shout.
    All right, let me know when you've loaded 'er up =)
    03-24-10 11:49 PM
    So I have a question for everyone: anyone interested in a Pro-Ultimate Hybrid? It will have the Pro's bottom dock (16 icons) and no today features on the home screen, but when you scroll to the left, you get the Ultimate version's today-at-a-glance screen? I'm just asking since customers know best, and if there is a market for it, I might spend the time to make it.
    03-25-10 12:01 AM
    All right, let me know when you've loaded 'er up =)
    Alrighty, got .566 up and running, but about to hit the sack. Shoot me a PM or an e-mail to cellpunk@gmail.com

Look forward to it.
    03-25-10 02:06 AM
    So I have a question for everyone: anyone interested in a Pro-Ultimate Hybrid? It will have the Pro's bottom dock (16 icons) and no today features on the home screen, but when you scroll to the left, you get the Ultimate version's today-at-a-glance screen? I'm just asking since customers know best, and if there is a market for it, I might spend the time to make it.
    Absolutely! Perfect combination...got my vote
    03-25-10 09:25 AM
452 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD