Instead of retyping what is already typed, I will just redirect you to my new website JC's Themes (Maybe if I get enough revenue from theme making I will register a Domain Name)

The theme is called Simple Tech Theme

It is my first published theme and I am hoping to post it here first to get some criticism on how to polish it up and then I will submit it to app world for $0.99.

Here is the special deal, if you criticize truthfully, if and when I publish it in app world I will allow you to have the final theme for free if you like or gift it to one person who likes it. It is pretty much a win-win situation.

As I said, I am new to theme design so if there is any bug please inform me and I will see to it ASAP.

I have uploaded Versions for
    Bold 9700 Series
    Torch 9800 Series
    Curve 3G

If you would like me to refine the theme for these individual models or create one for your model please let me know here on crackberry.
    dakid2k6 likes this.
    08-24-11 10:13 PM
    Great idea for a theme. However there is no landscape support on the torch. I tild the phone and get a blk screen until I press the menu button then the icons appear. If I find more I will let you know. So far just that. Very good idea for a theme. Clean and simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 11:22 AM
    Ok I will work on that and see what I can do but as I said please provide feedback.

08-26-11 02:52 PM
    As I have been using the theme so far. Its good. Unique which I really like. Smmoth and fast. Doesn't lag like some themes do.

08-26-11 02:57 PM
    Well as I said its my first theme so if it doesn't lag it's good luck to me ha ha

What's funny though is after I used it for about 3 day I got sick of it. I loved the icons on the homescreen but everything else was annoying.

I just got home from my girlfriend's and as soon as my brother gives up my computer I will begin working on the theme again.

08-26-11 08:10 PM
    You got a lot of potential in you. Being as this is your first theme. I look forward to seeing more of your work as time goes on.

08-26-11 08:16 PM
    The theme has been updated please try the new one and let me know what else you see. Thank you for your comments and feedback.

08-26-11 09:28 PM
    Check the link please. I go to download and get an error page.

08-26-11 10:08 PM
    Alright I will check it hold on
    08-26-11 10:16 PM
    Sorry I forgot the .jad in the url...it is now fixed
    08-26-11 10:19 PM
    I downloaded it. Coming along great. Just 2 issues. 1st is the bookmark font color, its too dark on a dark background. I have a pic to show you. Just PM me your pin or email if you like to look. Also the last issue I see, is the landscape support is great, however the icons become too small and close together they appear to overlap. I also have a screenshot of it to show you. I really really believe after those are addressed you have the theme done completely.

08-26-11 11:34 PM
    Ok I fixed the landscape icons. I could not keep the last column and still have good spacing so I erased it. You now have 3 less icons in landscape.

As for the browser, I've heard of this problem before and I don not believe there is a solution..you will either have to change your browser to thumbnail view or your homepage. I guess that is the greatest flaw with this theme.
    08-27-11 09:14 AM
    Coming along great so far its good. As for the txt issue in the browser. I will email you if I find a way. I will ask around, I know it is fixable. I have had plenty of times I have tried, bought, that have had that issue. It is fixable. other than those.

Keep up the great work. Looks great. Fast and easy still which is a plus. You know what your doing.

08-27-11 10:17 AM
    Ok if there is a fix I will be sure to implement it into the theme.

Most of what I know is by studying other themes and youtube videos. I still have some stuff to learn.

I'm glad you find this theme nice. I'm pretty sure torch users like yourself will love it because you just have to touch your favorite apps on the home screen.

If you have an idea for a new theme I'm up for ideas. I just completed a new theme for a 9300 user who wanted an OS7 theme
    08-27-11 11:02 AM
    Hey jonathon94, try checking the font color for the spell check. Because that may be the issue, if you change the color of the font from blk to wht it should solve the bookmarks issue.

08-28-11 09:35 PM
    Alright if I'm not too overloaded with homework tonight then I'll see what I can do.

08-30-11 03:04 PM
    Yea no problem. No rush here. I was so bored during the "hurrican" over the weekend I messed around with theme builder and boy its a lot of stuff to learn.

08-30-11 03:09 PM
    It looks like there is a lot but most of the basics are simple. Most of what I have to learn is svg coding.
    08-30-11 04:49 PM
    There was not an option for the spell check so I had to change the message colors around a little.

Try it now and tell me what you think.

If you have any new theme ideas I'm open for ideas. If I make a theme and it is well liked then I will try to sell it but I will always allow the original requester to get it for free.
    08-30-11 06:14 PM
    Svg coding is a bit hard for me now. Trying to get basics. One big issue I'm having is where to find icons or even a way to resize the ones I have. And make myself a basic theme and then work on creating some for everyone here on CB.

Sounds like a good idea to sell I wish you the best of luck and if you do sell to make good amount of cash. I'm trying the theme now. Will post later how it does. Thanks for an update. Great to see your on top of this post and theme as well.

09-01-11 10:00 AM
    Svg coding is a bit hard for me now. Trying to get basics. One big issue I'm having is where to find icons or even a way to resize the ones I have. And make myself a basic theme and then work on creating some for everyone here on CB.

Sounds like a good idea to sell I wish you the best of luck and if you do sell to make good amount of cash. I'm trying the theme now. Will post later how it does. Thanks for an update. Great to see your on top of this post and theme as well.

I haven't been able to resize them yet but to add a button (icon) click the button to the left (look at attachment) But I will gladly help you anyway I can between my school time (and girlfriend lol )

But yes with all the free time I have I am checking crackberry and this thread. I hope to make a little extra money on themes and hopefully one day I can advance to java coding to make apps (where the big money is lol)
    09-01-11 04:56 PM
    I haven't been able to resize them yet but to add a button (icon) click the button to the left (look at attachment) But I will gladly help you anyway I can between my school time (and girlfriend lol )

But yes with all the free time I have I am checking crackberry and this thread. I hope to make a little extra money on themes and hopefully one day I can advance to java coding to make apps (where the big money is lol)
    Thanks for the little help there when I get home from work I shall try it if I'm not to tired. Your help would be great also. No rush though as we are all very busy men.

09-01-11 05:08 PM
    I may just end this theme. If there is enough people who would want it, I will continue working on it. Otherwise I will end it and focus my time on new themes.
    09-08-11 06:36 PM
    I may just end this theme. If there is enough people who would want it, I will continue working on it. Otherwise I will end it and focus my time on new themes.
    you are the maker of the theme. so if its your choice its your choice. i would hate to see it go but would love to see new work from you. 1 small suggestion is to place it in the forums for the phone models ie. torch 9800. lets see how that works. im sorry ive been insane busy with work. fashion week in ny is busy time. so i havent been able to mess with theme builder.
    09-08-11 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD