Flamboyant Today Plus

What do you guys think of this new theme concept?

Theme includes a today style menu w/ a bottom zen style menu on one screen. When you rollover applications on the bottom, they bounce up from the bottom.

Should I make more themes like this, or should I just stick to regular today or zen themes?

Get the theme at GemBlock.com
    Last edited by Artem; 09-15-08 at 06:01 PM.
    09-15-08 01:20 AM
    Slide! I love the tidy background that lets your pearl look like a metal flipping phone. Bottom icons are clear and easy to use.

One suggestion, could it be possible that you post a controling video to youtube so people can see how the focus works... highlighting or bouncing.
    09-15-08 01:31 AM
    double post... sorry for that.
    09-15-08 01:31 AM
    Slide! I love the tidy background that lets your pearl look like a metal flipping phone. Bottom icons are clear and easy to use.

One suggestion, could it be possible that you post a controling video to youtube so people can see how the focus works... highlighting or bouncing.
    I was going to do that but I couldn't find the necessary software for it. I tried using bbscreenstream but the frame rate is just too slow.

I will look further into this.

Thanks for the feedback though!
    09-15-08 01:52 AM
    The theme looks great. But would look even better with six cosomizab le icons on the bottom. For curve
    09-15-08 09:09 AM
    you guys ripped me off purchased theme got invalid link to download contacted support got no reply
    09-15-08 09:56 AM
    now you sent me the same link with the same error message
    09-15-08 10:06 AM
    don't waist your money, looks nice but i guess i'll never know for sure. i've been sent two error links,gemblock support or artem wont reply to my messages
    09-15-08 11:14 AM
    Hoosier, I reply to all support emails. You are the first customer that is not happy with something.

Which theme did you try to download from GemBlock?
    09-15-08 02:03 PM
    you guys ripped me off purchased theme got invalid link to download contacted support got no reply
    Hoosier it turns out the link was invalid because the theme was called Flamboyant Today+ in the system. And the "+" sign messes up the urls.

I'm very sorry about the problem and as soon as I fix it, I will send you a new link.
    09-15-08 02:23 PM
    thank you very much i am patiently waiting for new link
    09-15-08 02:53 PM
    Hoosierdaddy,

I've emailed you a new link. Let me know if you got it or not.
    09-15-08 04:15 PM
    I like the new site design Artem, but to ask people if they want this type of theme is kinda silly, lol..people have been loading up on them for a long time now, even before the 4.5 CDK came out...Glad to see you're back to theme making though
    09-15-08 04:43 PM
    I like the new site design Artem, but to ask people if they want this type of theme is kinda silly, lol..people have been loading up on them for a long time now, even before the 4.5 CDK came out...Glad to see you're back to theme making though
    They were? lol

I just wanted to see what people think of this type of layout. That way I will know if I should make more themes like that in the future or not...

I just thought it was pretty cool because I can officially do it now. ( thanks to plazmic tb 4.5 )
    09-15-08 05:13 PM
    Can anyone confirm that the docked icons are in fact customizable by the user? I have my doubts, given that this just isn't possible with the 'new' Plazmic Theme Builder and it's 'Custom' theme template.
    Last edited by bettedavis07; 09-15-08 at 05:30 PM.
    09-15-08 05:28 PM
    I agree with bettedavis, I was under the impression that only Bplay and RIM were able to make themes with customizable icon placement. If this is true, artem, could you please share how you were able to accomplish that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 05:54 PM
    Sorry guys, I've just confirmed with my developer that you cannot customize the icons on the bottom. I've updated the description of the theme on my site.

To anyone who purchased the theme; I will offer to change the applications to whatever anyone wants me to change them to free of charge.
    09-15-08 05:59 PM
    have not recieved the new link
    09-16-08 03:04 AM
    got the new link thanks very much
    09-16-08 03:07 AM
    Sorry guys, I've just confirmed with my developer that you cannot customize the icons on the bottom. I've updated the description of the theme on my site.

To anyone who purchased the theme; I will offer to change the applications to whatever anyone wants me to change them to free of charge.
    I purchased it yesterday morning thinking you could change the bottom icons. I didn't get a new link(1st link was bad) until 4 or 5 though and that's when I found out you couldn't change them. I'll PM you my request and email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 05:59 AM
    Artem, when do you expect to have 9000 themes available?
    09-16-08 07:14 AM
    9000 themes...HAHAHA... as soon as Plazmic releases a new Themebuilder that supports the 9000 series...and then after that..I'd say about 3 months after its been released.
    09-16-08 11:51 PM
    9000 themes...HAHAHA... as soon as Plazmic releases a new Themebuilder that supports the 9000 series...and then after that..I'd say about 3 months after its been released.
    How does bPlay accomplish this?
    09-17-08 11:17 AM
    How does bPlay accomplish this?
    They're buddy-buddy with RIM (e.g. $$$)....
    09-17-08 11:23 AM
    Looks great! I like the Zen / Today mix.
    09-17-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD