Anyone tried out this new theme yet??

Its called the Real iBerry Blocks Custom L Theme from JC Designs.

or this one the Bottom Zen??

I have their Real iBerry Blocks and its awesome, just wondering if anyone used the Custom L yet and if they like it???
    01-10-08 07:09 PM
    got a link...?
    01-10-08 11:36 PM
    Hmmm I think you can get it from the site here

His site Gadgetbean.com

or from Crackberry too here

or from Crackberry here

But I am just wondering if anyone bought this yet, I have no doubts its good since I have his Real iBerry Blocks, I am just wondering if someone who has this can give some user inputs, likes or dislikes.. blah blah blah
    01-11-08 12:12 AM
    I just bought this theme and I LOVE IT!!! It's very clean, icons and fonts are great. It just has a great feel overall.

I had been using a zen theme and wanted to try out an 'L' theme. I like the zen themes because you can un-clutter your screen. I liked the 'L' theme because it was able to show me more icons while still looking clean.

If there was one thing I could change, I would be able to display icons of my choosing (Google Maps, CB launcher, etc.) when the theme is in the 'L' mode. I sent an email to John C. (of JC Designs) and he told me that the SDK does not support 3rd party application icons at this time, so the icons in 'L' mode will have to be for BB apps.

Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND any of the themes by JC Designs - The quality is first-rate and John is there to help you out if you have any questions.
    01-24-08 04:06 PM
    as soon as the new themebuilder comes out..this will be a FREE theme....
    01-24-08 11:00 PM
    as soon as the new themebuilder comes out..this will be a FREE theme....
    Steve, Any insight from Plazmic when they might be releasing the new one?
    01-25-08 06:50 AM
    Hmmm I think you can get it from the site here

His site Gadgetbean.com

or from Crackberry too here

or from Crackberry here

But I am just wondering if anyone bought this yet, I have no doubts its good since I have his Real iBerry Blocks, I am just wondering if someone who has this can give some user inputs, likes or dislikes.. blah blah blah
    When I go to the GadgetBean site, I get a message on the screen stating "Product not found". Is this L theme going away like so many of the other cool themes?
    01-25-08 10:04 AM
    I just bought this theme and I LOVE IT!!! It's very clean, icons and fonts are great. It just has a great feel overall.

Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND any of the themes by JC Designs - The quality is first-rate and John is there to help you out if you have any questions.
    Hey Thanks for the reply but like you I actually bought it right before you put this review up, yes its definitely an awesome theme!! Too bad its now off their site I think, I asked him about it and he told me its due to some people not happy about him releasing something that works when others cant get it right. But it really amazes me on how StevenInSTL can be so negative saying something like its gonna be a FREE theme when the themebuilder comes out.. hmmm interesting... so do you work for FREE and not get paid??? I mean its ok if you think so, dont have to badmouth people's hard work like this imho, yes maybe in a few months or a year the new theme builder will be free, but for people like me without the skills or time to do it, spending $6 on his site for something not many have is well worth it imho especially when it works and looks awesome. This wasnt a thread to ask hey where can I get a free theme you know. Anyhow its kinda sad to see so much negativity when someone try to earn a honest living and now the rest of us who wants to enjoy this theme and willing to pay for it have to suffer due to the jealousy of others.. how freakin sad is that???? I notice you cant get themes off bbextras either, and I am wondering if its due to the same negativety.. so sad...

When I go to the GadgetBean site, I get a message on the screen stating "Product not found". Is this L theme going away like so many of the other cool themes?
    Try emailing him he is a nice guy and might help you out??

Just for the **** of it, here are some more of his awesome themes!! I am sure they are like 10x better than all the freebies.

Last edited by nicegsxr; 01-29-08 at 02:52 PM.
    01-29-08 01:27 PM
    And a few more...

OK JOHN I am now ready for a FREE theme from you!!!
    Last edited by nicegsxr; 01-29-08 at 02:52 PM.
    01-29-08 02:50 PM
    I got the Iblocks a few weeks ago and it loads great and works great. I'm sure the new product works well too!
    Cracked and loving it!
    01-29-08 05:10 PM
    Oh, btw the Custom L theme made by these guys works and have no bugs, so I dont know why I keep reading specific theme threads spreading that its buggy. I am sure whoever has this theme like EROK72 can confirm that its working. Just another point to proof how JC was right that he can get it to work while others cant, then some people have to put out BS in such a manner... disgusting.
    01-29-08 06:45 PM
    Actaully the custom L had issues with overlapping text for messages on the Today part if you have your SMS and Messages separated. This is what some people were complaining about.
    01-29-08 08:10 PM
    He had an update ... I saw it on Blackberryforums.com so its fixed.
    01-29-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD