Hello -

I am a first time blackberry user. So far I love it. I am not real certain the difference between the themes. Like Zen, today, the premium themes. I want to download a theme to my phone but don't have a clue to what one I should buy. Any suggestions? I am just looking for something user friendly, looks sharp/flashy, and not sure what else because I don't know the differences. Hope someone can help the newbie. Thanks.

08-08-08 11:19 AM
    Welcome to CB. Best way to know what theme you desire is go to options and look for themes. You should find the 3 different settings for the theme you like. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 11:22 AM
    There are hundreds of themes available for the BB right now. The only way to know the one you like is trying them. All themes have screenshots so you can se the colors, icons etc. There are alway free themes, just download them, try them and if you don't like them just delete and try another one.
    Good luck.
    08-08-08 11:31 AM
    well maybe my post will help you out.

different kinds of themes:

Today: today themes are themes which display (most of the time) todays calender events, messeges, and call logs on the home screen. they sometimes contain other things but its up to the theme maker. you can not changed them your self.

Icon: icon themes are themes which display all the icons (as if u hit the menu button to bring up all the icons you have on ur BB). they are always there, but u can still hide the ones u dont want to see.

Zen: zen themes are themes with 4-5 icons on ur home screen at once, often times, these are changeable by changing the order of the icons in the menu screen (hit menu>move and move them to the top to change the icons on the home screen.)

L: the L theme is a theme like the zen, puts icons on ur home screen, but in an L shape along the side of ur screen and the bottom.

no need to buy themes if u dont want to, there are TONS of free themes out there that are pretty awesome/flashy.

for instance, this is the one i use. i use the Zen becuz i dont like a cluttered home screen.
    83xx - BoldBerry - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

here is the theme running on a phone (not mine, but it looks the same)

hope this post helps u!

there are tons of places to find free themes. just gotta look.
    08-08-08 02:36 PM
    Trev - Thanks VERY much for your response. That's exactly what I was looking for. Perfectly described.

08-08-08 08:36 PM