Hi everyone,

I am new in the BlackBerry user community, so apologize in advance in I ask "basic" quenstions...

So, I got my new Bold, and as I am quite particular as a person, I wanted to have in the "home screen" basic applications for immediate access. After a quite frastrating search through the menue I realized that any such customization requires to design my "own" theme via "Plasmic".... (or at least that is my impression).....
    Being perfectionist, I did not wanted to compromise the particular layout, so I spent a day trying to understand Plazmic and designed my "own", but basic "theme"
    All good until now..., but I decided to go ahead and download "yahoo messenger" which I setup and works great.... BUT,
    How in the world do I add a "new" application into my "Home Screen"? Plazmic shows only the basic pre-install list of applications for me to use for designing a theme, how can I add into my "home screen" a non pre-installed standard application???????

Again, sorry if I ask basic quenstions, but I have reached a significan level of frustration, and I am ready to give up.......

ps. I use: Plazmic 4.0.0.24 version.

With lots of appreciation to any help,

Tassos
    01-13-09 11:02 AM
    Seems like you are going about things are the hard way. You can change the icons on your home screen by just moving them around. When your on the home screen hit the blackberry button to take you applications screen, then select an icon you want to move and hit the button again and pick move.
    01-13-09 11:05 AM
    Dear Shao128,

First of all you are very correct in both point:
    - I am taking the hard way....., but it was not by choice just pure ignorance
    - your solution works very well in the standard screen, as you mentioned.

Now that I have created "my screen" which basically outlines in the "home screen" 15 applications, I have to admit I like it, but unfortunately they way I have setup in Plazmic the applications are static and not dynamically change by moving around my "second screen." So, ideally I would love if someone can help me to understand of how I can either make my apps icons dynamic (driven from the order of the second screen), or to be able to capture in Plazmic apps I have install in my blackberry and fix them into my "home" screen.

So, if someone can give me some direction, would most appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Tassosf
    01-13-09 02:47 PM
    Click the "use device application order" checkbox in the properties section of the icon.
    01-13-09 03:35 PM
    Thank you my friend, you were proven of the great help. Most appreciated!
    01-14-09 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD