Trying to do the right thing and create my own instead of bugging everyone to make it for me, but having a problem: on the applications page, i cannot change the icons to bold, they stay Zen or Today. Am I missing something? Using plazmic 4.6
    10-27-08 12:58 PM
    You have to click the square I have the arrow pointing at and then locate the icon you want to change it to, then click "open" in the dialog box and you will see the icon change in that "window". You have to change the icons in both columns, one for the normal icon and one for the focus icon. Just remember that you have size limitations based on the theme type you are working on and for what BlackBerry device. I see you have a Curve, the default icon size for today and zen for the curve are both 48 x 36 pixels, your icon that you are going to use in the theme must be these dimensions or PTB will resize it for you making your icons distorted and crappy looking.

Tim

10-27-08 01:39 PM
    adding to Tim's reply...

Do you (vinndy) already have a set of 'Bold' icons (re)sized 48x36? You have to manually change all the application icons; there isn't any sort of automatic feature that will change all the icons from the default Dimension ones to Precision ones (OS 4.6+ default).
    10-27-08 01:44 PM
    This site, and the people rule! I didn't get the answer I was looking for, but while typing my reply, I found the answer. Thanks again!
    10-27-08 02:25 PM
    adding to Tim's reply...

Do you (vinndy) already have a set of 'Bold' icons (re)sized 48x36? You have to manually change all the application icons; there isn't any sort of automatic feature that will change all the icons from the default Dimension ones to Precision ones (OS 4.6+ default).
    Actually...

If the icons are all renamed to the default names that Plazmic named them, you can change all of them with 1 simple click.

with your mouse on the icon area...right click...scroll down to where it says CHANGE ALL ICONS..and point them to your directory where your icons are located that you want to change to. Thats been a part of CDK since...4.2.2

it is that easy...
    10-27-08 03:04 PM
    Actually...

If the icons are all renamed to the default names that Plazmic named them, you can change all of them with 1 simple click.

with your mouse on the icon area...right click...scroll down to where it says CHANGE ALL ICONS..and point them to your directory where your icons are located that you want to change to. Thats been a part of CDK since...4.2.2

it is that easy...
    I know that...but I was referring to the OP's question about switching the default Dimension icons to OS 4.6's default Precision icons, with one 'simple click'. Which isn't possible unless he has a set of resized (48x36) Precision/'Bold' icons ready to use; as the Precision icons that come packaged with CDK 4.6 are originally sized for Bold and Flip devices. (The OP has a Curve.)
    Last edited by bettedavis07; 10-27-08 at 03:34 PM.
    10-27-08 03:28 PM
    yeah..all the OP has to do is resize the icons to 48x36, then they can use the 1 click approach.
    10-27-08 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD