Alright, so I download a theme right?
    Then, I copy it to my memory card, and then I open it on my phone, (by the way, its a .jad file.)
    Next, I click download and it says Download .... and then it'll say, Download failed, and this isn't just with themes, its any third party application that I try to install through the phone.
    01-17-09 12:19 PM
    only word of advice i can give you is; Use desktop manager, solves all my problems.

i'm guessing you trying to just drag and drop?

well desktop manager does it all for you.
    01-17-09 04:31 PM
    Yes, I just tried it, and when I drag the .jad file into my BB DM it this is what comes up...

I really want to install themes, this is really pissing me off.
    01-17-09 05:41 PM
    jad files are meant to be installed over the air...thats why the theme was labeled OTA most likely.

JAD files will not install using desktop manager or by copying to a media card, unless you had the COD files it works with
    01-18-09 04:22 PM
    I can't open those up with my BB either nor on my DM? Any suggestions?
    01-18-09 05:45 PM
    is it possible to copy a COD file to the memory card and install from there?
    My friend has a mac and doesn't have DM installed so i'm trying to think of an easy way to install the themes..
    PS he doesn't have a data plan (only email and bbm) so he can't install via OTA.
    01-18-09 06:30 PM
    Aerize loader will help with that:

"Just as a reminder Aerize Card Loader allows you to install applications to-and-from an SD card to their BlackBerry; this latest version includes Over-the-Air (OTA) download and multi-COD Bundle support"
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-18-09 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Update
    01-18-09 06:42 PM
    I know it's been stated already but desktop manager will do it...
    01-18-09 07:15 PM
    desktop manager will NOT install a JAD type theme.

Desktop Manager uses the ALX/COD to import themes to the device.

JAD is used for Over The Air installations (OTA)...
    01-18-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD