08-04-08 10:37 AM
36 12
tools
    Still working on app icons, as soon as the app icons are complete and preliminary test is done to make sure all is good to go I'll post it.

Basically where I'm going for the app icons is more space for object and less space used by the extra imagery. So the circles with stars can be thrown around the object, there doesn't have to be a specific uniform pattern icon to icon. Transparent backgrounds and with the objects being bigger they will look more like what they are on the actual BB screen. So any ways I look forward where we go from here. If your up to it and have an idea on where to take the icons from my sample and want to take the time to do another test set feel free. I have a couple days off so I'm going to work more on the theme.
    07-31-08 10:34 AM
    Sure thing, send me the file you used for the 4 blue circles that will outline the icon in the center.

Dm
    07-31-08 02:58 PM
    Oh man I forgot to save the file before I turned it into an icon so I made a new one. Probably close enough to the way I made the other.
    08-01-08 10:56 AM
    I personally dont think the theme itself is ugly, I just dont like the font. I like my fonts clean like BB Dimension Today +

The people creating themes (I'm not one of them) need to realize that along with the right wallpaper and all that ish, the right font makes the theme speak for itself; I dont do gawdy.

Couldn't have said it better!
    08-01-08 11:06 AM
    Oh man I forgot to save the file before I turned it into an icon so I made a new one. Probably close enough to the way I made the other.
    Okay. I'm going to use your file as the background of the icon and make all the space inbetween the center of the icon and the 4-circles transparent so that the focus icon shows through.

EDIT: here is the first sample...

With the empty spaces made transparent, your underlying focus color should shine through the way you are envisioning.
    Code:
    the icon looks a little....squat...I'll have to clean that up...

Let me know if I should continue along this path, along with any other suggestions you have.

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 08-01-08 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Updated photos...
    08-01-08 11:48 AM
    Not really a huge fan..font is not my thing, tie dye idea is cool, but nto really my style...constructive criticism only...nice work
    08-01-08 03:59 PM
    It looks like the aspect ratio of the clock got altered in shrinking to icon size. I'm not sure if I did a very good job on the stars in circles. I loaded up the icon into the theme and loaded it up on my BB and hardly noticed they were there I guess I should have done that before uploading the concept. I thin it will look better if the cricle is bigger by about 25-50% and then the star can be bigger as well. Thoughts? Or perhaps some other idea. How would it look if we made the circle you made with a larger outer radius and smaller inner radious, or possibly even just went with the objects with a transparent background and nothing else around them? Also if we do the larger circle it appears that stars end up looking like small white circles so if it make design easier the stars can be circles.
    08-01-08 10:14 PM
    After hours of editing to make the backgrounds transparant, and a bit of figuring out how to maintain aspect ratio. I have completed nearly all of the icons. I am not certain what to change the few remaining icons to. Some of the ones pictured don't seem to have a icon in the theme to replace i could be wrong though. So I wanted to get some feedback on the icons before proceeding to the next stage of finalizing the theme.
    08-03-08 01:16 PM
    Nice!!!!!!!
    08-03-08 01:30 PM
    Call it "Woodstock"... simple and fully understood
    08-04-08 08:19 AM
    Theme is complete and here is the link to the thread with its name for the title.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...537#post570537
    08-04-08 10:37 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD