08-04-08 10:37 AM
36 12
tools
    This is a theme in progress. There are a few dialog icons I would like to replace and I was also thinking of altering some of the app icons. Everything else is pretty much done so here are some screenshots. And if anyone has any ideas to make icons for the apps let me know. The following dialog icons have not been changed:

Memory Cleaner, Alarm, Calendar Reminder, Lock Screen, and Task reminder. I'd like to use the same background I used for the other dialog icons as seen in the one screenshot. The dialog icons not seen go as follows: Info (lightbulb), hourglass (hand drawn px by px), exclamation ("!" used same font as "?"), bluetooth (hand drawn px by px). The standard spinning hourglass progress indicator is a spinning 60s/70s style flower drawing.
    07-28-08 01:31 PM
    How about tie dye explosion?
    07-28-08 01:42 PM
    that looks pretty cool man my gf really likes it also good job!
    07-28-08 01:48 PM
    Stoneryno - I love the ingenuity of your layout, just wish you had something other than the stock icons used.

Keep up the good work!
    07-28-08 02:44 PM
    Gee, Peace comes to mind.
    07-28-08 04:30 PM
    "Make love, not war theme"
    07-28-08 04:35 PM
    I named the alx file peace during design and testing as it is short. Yes I want to use icons other than stock. I'm just having trouble location some good icons or images that work. I tried getting some images of actual electronics and such from the 60s and 70s and shrink them down but once the images were shrunk down to icon size you couldn't distinguish what was being looked at. So I was thinking I would see if anyone had any ideas or even want to attempt to make some icons for me to use. Once I got the icons done then I'll put the theme up for download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 12:34 AM
    Beautiful!!!! That will look great on the small screen!!!!

Keep up the great work and keep us updated on the final product!!!
    07-29-08 01:12 AM
    That 70's theme....
    07-29-08 10:51 AM
    yeah im liking this theme alot!!
    07-29-08 10:55 AM
    It looks kinda ugly.

Sufficient effort nonetheless.
    07-29-08 11:05 AM
    You may wish to modify your background screen to have the circle in it to complete the "Peace" symbol with your homescreen icons.

Also, if you require assistance in modifying photos into icons send me the pictures you wish to use for each icon and rename it with the app it is going to represent.

If you would like to see what icon standardization looks like, check out my thread displaying my first 4.5 theme.
    All of the custom icons were created using photoshop and using a standard format for the outer ring and filling in the inner with whatever icon was needed.

Dm
    07-29-08 02:51 PM
    It looks kinda ugly.

Sufficient effort nonetheless.
    I personally dont think the theme itself is ugly, I just dont like the font. I like my fonts clean like BB Dimension Today +

The people creating themes (I'm not one of them) need to realize that along with the right wallpaper and all that ish, the right font makes the theme speak for itself; I dont do gawdy.
    07-29-08 02:57 PM
    haha you should call it trippin' pretty cool theme btw
    07-30-08 12:22 AM
    You may wish to modify your background screen to have the circle in it to complete the "Peace" symbol with your homescreen icons.
    The outer circle of the background does this. The entire circle though isn't on the screen. I can reduce the number of icons on the home screen so that the next most inner circle that is complete is the circle for the peace sign.

Also, if you require assistance in modifying photos into icons send me the pictures you wish to use for each icon and rename it with the app it is going to represent.

If you would like to see what icon standardization looks like, check out my thread displaying my first 4.5 theme.
    All of the custom icons were created using photoshop and using a standard format for the outer ring and filling in the inner with whatever icon was needed.

Dm
    I'll take a look at your theme. The icons according to plazmic are like 40ish x 30ish. I am not at home to check exact dimensions. So I take the original images, about 100+ x 100+, and scale them down to the size plazmic indicates for the icon. But looking at the images of that size its not distiguishable what the item is any more. And there is no extra space outside of the object in the original image. Am I doing something wrong? I got frustrated and deleted the files so I'll have to go get them off of the places I found them.

I personally dont think the theme itself is ugly, I just dont like the font. I like my fonts clean like BB Dimension Today +

The people creating themes (I'm not one of them) need to realize that along with the right wallpaper and all that ish, the right font makes the theme speak for itself; I dont do gawdy.
    I chose that particular font because it is the style of writing or very similar to it used on posters etc of that time. Call it hippy writing or whatever. I can make two versions one with and without that font if too many people don't like the font. Is it just the use of it in the menus and dialogs, or use of it everywhere? I think it would still be fine just used on the home screen and icon screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 12:56 AM
    Name options:

Peace, Love, and Tie Dye
    Grovin' n Trippin'

I'm still looking for icons for media, memopad, etc other icons that can be changed.

And here are some images I wanted to turn into icons perhaps someone better at making icons can help turn these into icons:
    Last edited by Stoneryno; 07-30-08 at 09:41 AM.
    07-30-08 09:39 AM
    Looks cool
    07-30-08 10:02 AM
    Name options:

Peace, Love, and Tie Dye
    Grovin' n Trippin'

I'm still looking for icons for media, memopad, etc other icons that can be changed.

And here are some images I wanted to turn into icons perhaps someone better at making icons can help turn these into icons:
    Working on converting these to standardized Icons.
    Will repost them here when completed.

EDIT: Completed the first one.
    Is this satisfactory?

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 07-30-08 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Completed first icon.
    07-30-08 10:04 AM
    oooo love the icons, cant wait for this theme to be complete. good job!
    07-30-08 11:51 AM
    Icon creation has been completed.
    The Icons requested are downloadable as a zip file below.

Completed.zip

Enjoy,
    Dm
    07-30-08 12:48 PM
    Icons look pretty good. Although the circle border covers up the focus icon. I could make it a square with rounded corners and that would allow it to be seen under the app icons perhaps. But I have an idea though which has come from the design you did. What if we did the blue border thinner as a box very close to the outer dimension of the size limit or perhaps just stars in small blue circles in random places around the object. Then make all around the objects transparent instead of a white back drop so that the selection icon can be seen behind. We could even make the objects slightly bigger as a result. I hope I'm not being a pain in the rear.
    07-30-08 03:50 PM
    Icons look pretty good. Although the circle border covers up the focus icon. I could make it a square with rounded corners and that would allow it to be seen under the app icons perhaps. But I have an idea though which has come from the design you did. What if we did the blue border thinner as a box very close to the outer dimension of the size limit or perhaps just stars in small blue circles in random places around the object. Then make all around the objects transparent instead of a white back drop so that the selection icon can be seen behind. We could even make the objects slightly bigger as a result. I hope I'm not being a pain in the rear.
    Not a pain in the derrierre at all.
    I am more of a visual person, do you think you could sketch up what you have in mind in ms-paint?

The border ring of the icon was just a proposal. If there is an icon that you have that you would like to use in building your custom icons, post it here and I will use that as the baseline for your custom icons. Then the icon identifier/pictures can be photoshopped in like with the previous set.

Dm
    07-30-08 03:58 PM
    This icon is just an idea. I guess consider it alpha test. I chose the calculator because it was the easiest to manually erase away the color surrounding the object so that the background was transparent. I used the sort of random placement of stars around the object rather than boxing it in. The size of the calculator reaches almost the far extent of the height limit allowed for the icon. Thoughts?
    07-31-08 09:43 AM
    This icon is just an idea. I guess consider it alpha test. I chose the calculator because it was the easiest to manually erase away the color surrounding the object so that the background was transparent. I used the sort of random placement of stars around the object rather than boxing it in. The size of the calculator reaches almost the far extent of the height limit allowed for the icon. Thoughts?
    Well, I'll say that the design that you have shown me is going to be easier than what I had done previously hehe.
    It will also showcase the focus/highlight ability that you mentioned earlier as well.

Dm
    07-31-08 09:54 AM
    so is this theme ready for download?
    07-31-08 10:23 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD