Howdy. I've been making a new custom theme for myself, basing it off old SNES RPG games (FFIII/FFVI). I have a few more things to add, but for the most part it's done. Not sure how I feel about the space on the right. I'm either going to add icons to the list items, or split the list in half, I'm not sure.

I also can't find a way to change the background color/graphic of the default application windows (like the options menu, SMS Inbox, memo pad, alarm, etc - they are all white and I can't seem to change it)

Anyway, here it is so far:

If anyone wants to try it out (not sure which BB's can use it, I have a curve 8320 with OS 4.5) here is the link:
    http://subver.nu/bb/com_plazmic_theme_subver_snes.jad

You can't change the list items, but for the most part, it has most of the main ones (at least everything I use)

Hopefully you oldschoolers will like it as much as I do
    there are a couple things that aren't finished yet, like the buttons and a couple selection colors (aside from application wndows) and I will update them probably tonight.
    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by NHansen; 11-10-08 at 12:59 PM.
    11-10-08 12:55 PM
    Thats wild. I dig it. Definitely a cool concept and a great start.
    11-10-08 01:36 PM
    Nice theme man! Downloading now.
    11-10-08 01:39 PM
    cool let me know how you like it, keep in mind there are a couple things that aren't changed yet (buttons and some colors)
    11-10-08 01:54 PM
    I think this is what you are looking for. Default color is white background with black text. You can change them both here.

Tim

11-10-08 02:15 PM
    wow, how did I miss that?
    Too bad you can't use a graphic...darn! Oh well, at least I can make it blue or something. Thanks for showing me
    11-10-08 02:23 PM
    You are welcome.

Tim
    11-10-08 02:53 PM
    I updated the theme a little if anyone has downloaded it. I changed a few icons for texting, I changed the buttons to the little hand cursor and a few colors changes (including the default application background color and text)
    So if anyone still wants to try it, download it OTA here:
    http://subver.nu/bb/com_plazmic_theme_subver_snes.jad

Thanks
    11-10-08 08:01 PM
    That is really cool!! So you made all of the icons, correct? What size font did you use? I was toying with an idea sort of like this, but not quite what you did. Great work by the way.
    11-10-08 11:43 PM
    please make it for the bold, lol
    11-11-08 05:18 AM
    it was font size 11 I think, but it was the final fantasy VI font, so the sizes were all weird
    11-11-08 11:57 AM
    I downloaded it. 2 things. 1 on the main screen when I click on messages nothing happens. 2 on the application page all the icons are missing other than yahoo, facebook, viigo and other 3rd party apps. I tried show all and nothing. But when I scroll over things it shows them. I dig this theme though.
    11-11-08 12:09 PM
    I am still amazed by this theme. How did you set this up? Is this a today style theme? How is the second page blank?
    11-11-08 03:27 PM
    ah, yeah.. the icons. Sorry baout that, I made them all transparent for now. Weird that the messages doesn't work.. it should go to your SMS And MMS Inbox.
    I also took out pretty much all the icons used (I planned on replacing them later, but some just won't be there... like the home page icons)

And I used the "custom" theme, which is basically just the Today theme (I think, is that the one with all the icons in a list?)
    I basically just made the icons invisible, put the text on the background, and moved all the icons to be a certain number of pixels apart, using the hand cursor as the focus tab image.

It took a lot of effort to try and get it to look like this, but unfortunately there's not much I can do about the icons. I can put back any icons that aren't on the home screen, ut they have to stay invisible, sorry! (otherwise it would look all messed up on the home screen)

It was originally just for me, so I wasn't really thinking of anyone else when I took out some icons and whatnot. I will probably work on it more and put back as much as I can without degrading the look.

Hope this makes sense and you guys can understand my dilemma with icons and stuff.

Thanks for looking still! Glad you guys dig it
    I will update more soon.
    11-11-08 04:39 PM
    Thanks for sharing. It really is a cool theme. I never thought about doing what you have done. It really opens some doors as to what can be done with Plazmic and a bit of creativity.

I might post up one that I did inspired by this theme, not sure if I want to or not yet.
    11-11-08 05:56 PM
    yeah, at first I was a bit disappointed with the plamic theme builder... but if you really keep at it, you can do a lot more than what it seems. Probably a lot more than what they had even planned!
    You just have to think outside the box (literally in this case...) Ask yourself what you can do with the images and their dimensions provided. Maybe you can put something on the background and remove icons completely?
    There are really a lot of different things you can do, and I'm sure there is a ton of stuff that has yet to be done that CAN be done with Plazmic.
    When I first tackled this project I figured it would be too hard to get it right, but with a few little tricks I managed to make it work for me
    That's another issue.. making the theme versatile enough for others to use it. Obviously this may not work for some people, but it may work for others (all my apps are hidden, except for 3rd party apps, which is why I don't find the invisible icon thing a big deal. The only apps I have on the app screen are 3rd party)

Still, there's a ton of stuff you just can't change, which I really hate. Like the phone call fonts, application graphics, some icons, just random little things that you would think you could change.

Oh well, maybe in the next version! Let's hope.

All in all, you can do a lot with the theme builder, just gotta use your head!

Very glad some of you like it. Out of curiosity, are any of you actually using this on a daily basis? What would you change if you had to, for your personal use?

It's a shame I can't just have an option to not display the icons on the home screen, so that way when you are changing apps, or whatever, it's not just an invisible icon.
    11-11-08 06:08 PM
    I didn't mean it was a problem for me. I meant it as "am I the only one having this problem"? Lol. I didn't see anyone else mention it is all. I dig the theme. Now that I know your intent was to only show the third party apps ...it is a pretty cool idea. If the messages link on the homescreen took me to my messages ie. bb messenger and all me emails I'd use this all the time. Hope you can make sense of my rambling...lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 07:57 PM
    I am definitely trying this out. Diehard FF fan right here!
    11-15-08 01:23 PM
    very cool, does not work with 4.3 though...
    11-18-08 10:46 AM
    ^yea i noticed it too rIp32. I just d/l the theme and wondered why some of the apps icon were missing and why didnt the message link didnt bring me to my txt/email. But then i read up on this thread and found out why. Cool theme I'd say, but if this little issue was resolved, i'd probably use it on a daily basis =p
    11-19-08 12:45 AM
    any chance you can make this for a 4.3????
    11-21-08 06:53 PM
    could you make this for the pearl
    11-28-08 09:53 AM
    very very koo
    07-25-09 05:42 PM
    I know you posted this theme a long time ago, but I just ran across it. Awesome! I think this type of theme can only be appreciated by a certain group of people. Me being one of them. I wish it was refined a little bit more. I would use this thing forever. Seriously. Have you updated it at all by chance? If not, is it something you would be able to send to me and I could try and learn Plazmic to touch it up? Regardless, amazing work.
    07-26-09 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD