I'm just curious as to what the most important things are to people when it comes to a theme. What features carry the most weight when choosing a theme (if all themes were free)?

1. Whether or not there is a Today section
    2. Custom icons
    3. Custom backgrounds
    4. Cohesiveness (everything conforms to the central theme)
    5. Amount of memory used by the theme
    6. Other (please specify)

What would you choose as the most important one or two items (or a full ranking if all are important)?
    05-04-09 02:51 PM
    for me I think I would choose 2, 3, and 4. I like the theme to be as custom as possible but all fit together. I don't want something that's just random and slapped together. Today section is that important to me (I prefer without actually) and if the theme takes up a lot of space, I can always delete unused themes.
    05-04-09 03:08 PM
    Most important in a theme :
    First of all it must not look childish. No cartoons
    1. Small icons I have a 8900 (Not a large space for huge icons. They just look out of place)
    2. No lag in load time (Instant change)
    3. Font
    4. Custom backgrounds (Nothing childish)
    5. Cohesiveness (everything conforms to the central theme)
    6. Whether or not there is a Today section
    Last edited by krissnol; 05-04-09 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to add fonts
    05-04-09 03:26 PM
    Icons, icons, icons. Backgrounds are a close second, cohesiveness, then uniqueness. It's gotta be different.
    05-06-09 12:15 AM
    I never thought of this topic till now. INTERESTING INDEED!
    05-06-09 06:31 AM
    I look for something a little different, Whether the author has used their imagination and the theme looks different from most others. Then the theme has to have a cohesive look to it too. I also like to be able to see the wallpaper.
    05-08-09 06:33 AM
    Font size and menu's etc. Lost track of the amount of themes I've deleted that look just great until you hit the BB button... Huge txt and wierd colours etc... Bye bye theme...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 06:39 AM
    I need it to be efficient, with decent loading times and transitions, and most importantly, be ergonomic. I want the things I used most, to be there where I can touch it first...
    Layout and efficiency.
    Colors second (I dont want pink titlebars or gummi bears for icons).

The theme/ui is afterall the interface between eye and operating system, so it needs to "feel" nice... some people like wooden dashboards in their cars, i prefer it on the kitchen shelf.
    05-08-09 06:49 AM
    Most important in a theme :
    First of all it must not look childish. No cartoons
    1. Small icons I have a 8900 (Not a large space for huge icons. They just look out of place)
    2. No lag in load time (Instant change)
    3. Font
    4. Custom backgrounds (Nothing childish)
    5. Cohesiveness (everything conforms to the central theme)
    6. Whether or not there is a Today section
    I think you summed it all up.

Just something clean, looks professional. I work in contracting and im always on my phone. Cant be seen with childish backgrounds.
    05-08-09 07:04 AM
    hi guys an gals, this is a very interesting thread, especially as im slowly getting into theme designing, would i be able to ask, what do you think to these

05-08-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD