01-05-09 08:34 PM
44 12
tools
    From Themes4bb...

No, this does not work.

I'm sorry, but I have followed your directions to the letter and I'm screwed. I'm still thinking that this only works with non-modified Operating Systems. Because all that it seems to do is reload the Dimension themes onto my blackberry (Which I edited out of my OS).

This is what the lines look like on my "8100custom.properties" file...

Code:
    theme.supportedHandheldOs = 4.2,4.3,4.5
    theme.preferredHandheldOs = 4.5
    theme.importOs = 4.2.2,4.3.1
    Dm
    In order for any custom themes to work on your phone you MUST have the original themes that came packaged with your OS still on the phone (e.g. BB Dimension themes). Most notably, you need to make sure that you have BB Dimension Today and BB Dimension Zen installed on your phone.
    07-24-08 06:15 PM
    Ok..you answered your problem...

You need to keep the "factory" themes on your berry. For some reson if they are deleted, the custom themes will not work. Reload the 3 Factory themes, and try again.
    Roger Roger sir...that worked like a charm.

Thanks for the support.

Dm
    07-25-08 08:59 AM
    LOL...glad I could help...

and yes..if you modify themebuilder you can export custom themes to OS 4.2, 4.3 and 4.5.
    07-25-08 09:13 AM
    I am having some trouble with this too. I managed to get a custom theme on my 8830 through my Desktop Manager. But it is not listed under themes. However, it is listed under applications. If anyone knows anything it would be greatly appreciated.
    07-25-08 12:14 PM
    1) did you export to the correct OS
    2) Do you have the "default" 3 themes on your phone that it came with?

If you deleted the default 3 themes (any one of them), then new custom themes will not activate.
    07-25-08 07:41 PM
    I have begun building a theme with 4.5. I saved the thm file before making the changes to those property files. I don't know if that matters. I also installed the simulator for 4.3.0.124 to test the theme on before exporting it for use on actual BBs. I get an message about theme device comination something or other is not supported by the simulator and probably won't work right. Do I just ignore this and let it do its thing and hope it is wrong.
    07-26-08 03:04 PM
    If you can't get the plazmic simulator to work, Go to your JDE4.5 directory and use the 8300 simulator there.
    The JDE simulators are made to work with everything up to and including OS 4.5

Dm
    07-26-08 03:42 PM
    I haven't installed JDE 4.5 yet. Looks like that will be my next step.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 05:33 PM
    hello all. I have two questions for you guys.
    I seem to be having trouble with this. I tried it right after I installed the new theme builder and of course I then noticed that I had the builder open. I went ahead and tried it anyway but it did not work. though, I believe it should have. It gave me the option in the drop down menu for OS ver. 4.2.2 so I tried it and went to load the theme on my berry through DM (as I had made an ALX) but after the phone booted back up I went to themes and it wasn't there. So, after a couple of days of farting around with it I uninstalled theme builder and then re-loaded it. Before I even opened it the first time I went to that 8300custom.properties file. and edited the lines mentioned and tried it again with still same result.
    anyone have any ideas?
    I recently downloaded the newest DM as well, could there be a conflict maybe? (I know it's unlikely but that is about all that has changed)
    and second question,
    does the line "theme.os = 4.5" need to be changed?
    I tried it both ways and it didn't work I just wanted to clarify.
    anyway thank you very much for the help in advance help in advance.

Edit:
    Ok so somehow I missed page two of this thread and re-loaded the bb dimension today theme that I had taken off and now it works sorry for the long reading for nothing. awesome thread guys. thanks
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 07-30-08 at 10:25 PM. Reason: I'm foolish
    07-30-08 10:06 PM
    Same problem here, running vista and unable to save changed file on word pad, any other suggestions?
    First you have to change ownership of the file.

To take ownership of a file or folder

Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

Click Edit, and then do one of the following:

To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.

To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.

After I did that I was able to edit the file and save.

Hope that helped
    08-30-08 04:01 AM
    Awesome! I love it. it works great!
    09-01-08 11:15 PM
    hi i just started using theme builder and im not really good at this stuff but im asking im done and i saved it but the file wont work on my blackberry 8820 do you no how to change the file please help me
    10-02-08 10:19 PM
    You need to compile the theme. Saving it does nothing more than create a project file you can later open and modify with the theme builder. There is a toolbar button and a menu option to compile. I am not at home to check to point you to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 03:48 AM
    Hey, I am using an 8330 on OS 4.3

I made the whole theme with the default files, saved it closed plazmic, changed the files, opened it back up went to export. The only option I'm getting in export is for v4.5 Is this right? When I do this (with the changes to the custom files) and go to BB DM it says there were no applications found for my device.... any ideas?

Thanks much!
    10-14-08 07:15 AM
    Hey, I am using an 8330 on OS 4.3

I made the whole theme with the default files, saved it closed plazmic, changed the files, opened it back up went to export. The only option I'm getting in export is for v4.5 Is this right? When I do this (with the changes to the custom files) and go to BB DM it says there were no applications found for my device.... any ideas?

Thanks much!
    If you go back to your edited files that you changed, are your versions still listed? I don't know cause I never made a theme first and then changed the files after...sorry
    10-14-08 12:36 PM
    If you go back to your edited files that you changed, are your versions still listed? I don't know cause I never made a theme first and then changed the files after...sorry
    The edited files stay the same, but do I need to list my exact version in that file (v4.3.0.127) or just do the 4.2.2 like the guide says?

Also, should anything besides v4.5 show up when I go to export the theme? that is all I am seeing.

Thanks,

Edit:
    P.S. Created a new theme and at first it said that the document dimension320x240.thm could not be loaded. Can't Open File.

But when I double clicked it in the folder it started up a new theme just fine, tried to export it still only had v4.5 as an option and the BB DM still said there were no applications designed for my device.
    Last edited by GreatMoloko; 10-14-08 at 09:26 PM.
    10-14-08 09:02 PM
    The edited files stay the same, but do I need to list my exact version in that file (v4.3.0.127) or just do the 4.2.2 like the guide says?

Also, should anything besides v4.5 show up when I go to export the theme? that is all I am seeing.

Thanks,

Edit:
    P.S. Created a new theme and at first it said that the document dimension320x240.thm could not be loaded. Can't Open File.

But when I double clicked it in the folder it started up a new theme just fine, tried to export it still only had v4.5 as an option and the BB DM still said there were no applications designed for my device.
    No, I just put in what the guide says:

theme.supportedHandheldOs = 4.2,4.3,4.5
    theme.preferredHandheldOs = 4.5
    theme.importOs = 4.2,4.3,4.3.1

Is yours like that? And yes, all the OS versions should be in there when you export. Are you sure you edited the correct folder? I changed both the 240 x 260 and 240 x 320. (just in case you want to make themes for different phones. Good luck!
    10-14-08 10:19 PM
    Re-install!

I uninstalled plazmic and reinstalled it, re-edited the files and everything worked like magic (except my icons, which can be fixed later).

But thank you all for your help I now have my theme on my blackberry WOOT!
    10-15-08 04:24 PM
    can i save themes on my sd card or do i have to download from internet on my BB Curve???
    01-05-09 08:34 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD