Hi
    Is there something special that I need to do to show my BB messenger icon on the home page? My curve running 4.2 never shows it even when the theme has it... But it will show it on the applications screen.. help
    08-13-08 06:31 PM
    from your home screen, hit the menu button, show all. It may be hidden
    08-13-08 06:36 PM
    hhmm.. I tried that, but no luck...I have couple themes that dont show messenger and password keeper...any other suggestions? It's not a big deal, I just want that "space" filled.. lol
    08-13-08 07:07 PM
    You do have a data plan, yes?
    08-13-08 07:11 PM
    If you move the icon to the top of the icons, when you hit the menu key, from the home screen.

To move: hover over icon -> menu -> move -> scroll to top -> click trackball in.
    08-13-08 07:19 PM
    to the OP - sorry I thought you couldn't find it anywhere. Is it completely gone or you just can't move it to the home screen?

If you can't move it, it may be because the theme you're using has the home icons locked. Nothing you can do.
    Last edited by AbeFrohman; 08-13-08 at 07:24 PM.
    08-13-08 07:21 PM
    My guess is you're using a custom theme or is this all the time? If it's only when you're using a custom theme, it's an OS/theme glitch. On custom themes made with the new plazmic, exported for 4.5 and 4.2, the 4.2 OS users don't see the BBM icon for some reason. I've heard it can be swapped out by the theme builder with another icon, but I've never done that myself so I can't verify it.
    Hope that helps.....to at least know why!
    08-13-08 07:25 PM
    ok lets see, yes I have a data plan, and yes it's a custom theme..
    I couldnt say if the theme was created on cdk 4.5.. bummer.. oh well.. cuz my sms icon was missing and i solved that one.. but these 2 i could not figure out... I would like to try to solve the bb messenger one, since i use that one... if any of you wizards find a way could you keep this post in mind? thanks!!! :-)
    08-13-08 08:52 PM
    What theme is it , it can be related tot the export of the theme and the OS your using

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 09:53 PM
    Here is the problem. I had this problem myself when I made a 4.5 custom theme. For some reason on the custom themes you can not have SMS/MMS or BBM together on the home app screen it gets confused for some reason.

Do you also have SMS or MMS icon on the home screen. If so this is the reason. You can't change it the theme builder has to. If you want BBM icon to show on the app screen it can but SMS or MMS whichever you also have on the home screen will have to be removed.

I found this out from someone over at
    T4BB

Which theme are you using?
    Last edited by MikeSweetFan; 08-14-08 at 09:36 AM.
    08-14-08 09:32 AM
    thanks everyone!!
    Mothy, it was a custom theme from one of the vendors at BRS...
    MikeSweetFan-- COOL! Now I know, I like to fiddle around with 4.5 plazmic and have made some themes to use... I will try to make something, (Custom).. Let me see if I got this straight.. I can make a custom theme, have bbm on the home screen BUT sms or mms CANNOT be on the home screen.. but of course all 3 will show on the application menu screen, right?
    08-14-08 04:31 PM
    I have never had that as an Issue I don't think that is right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 06:57 PM
    It's ok, I am sure the vendor would change out the icon, but I only now started using bbm.. I have gotten many a free themes before so I cant complain... It's beautiful work that you guys do!! and takes alot of time :-)....
    08-14-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD