Ihave been searching for a minimalist style theme that works with an 8310-4.2.

I don't care what it looks like. As long as the install is small in file size and the font is larger than most of the custom themes.
    The new themes you all have been turning out are beautiful but the font is to small for aging eyes.

These minimal themes were popular back in the Moto Razor days.

Thanks in advance....
    Eight_Bit
    <///><

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 07:33 PM
    Ihave been searching for a minimalist style theme that works with an 8310-4.2.

I don't care what it looks like. As long as the install is small in file size and the font is larger than most of the custom themes.
    The new themes you all have been turning out are beautiful but the font is to small for aging eyes.

These minimal themes were popular back in the Moto Razor days.

Thanks in advance....
    Eight_Bit
    <///><

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What you need is someone old enough to understand what you are taking about to create a theme for you. Tell me what you want and I will throw something together for you.

Tim
    10-29-08 08:27 PM
    Thanks for your generous offer!!

I have tried a few of the custom themes available but the font size (menu,home,etc.) is to small for me.
    When I select a larger size font on the device it was unchanged.

Is there a theme that:
    1. Has larger or user selectable fonts ie. Sz 10 -bbclarity-bold.

2. Maintains a minimum file size on the handset (save free memory)

3.Works with an 8310 / 4.2.

4. Zen or bottom dock (doesn't matter)
    10-31-08 08:13 AM
    I just whipped this up for you. I think that it is pretty bare bones, and very easy to read. I tried to make it as small as possible, I think it is only 438kb. I used the BB Clarity Bold font everywhere that I could. It is a Zen for the 83xx 4.2, and the icons are user selectable. The first 5 icons you select on the main page will show on the front page.

I hope this works for you. Download and install with DM. I don't know how to do OTA, or screenshots, sorry.

Let me know what you think of it.
    10-31-08 10:12 AM
    If anyone downloads this, and can put up screenshots, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!
    10-31-08 11:23 AM
    ARggh, just saw the rules.

Minimalist Zen 87xx/88xx/83xx 4.2 (as requested)
    10-31-08 11:38 AM
    Check this out NO ICONS! Doesn't get more minimalist than this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/pea...escreen-62028/
    10-31-08 11:45 AM

Let me know what you think of it.
    This is PERFECT ...THANKS A MILLION !

It's huge:

(not actual size)

It Looks 100x better on the handset than the screen-shot depicts...Trust Me
    Last edited by Eight_bit; 10-31-08 at 04:25 PM. Reason: bad html tag bad finger
    10-31-08 04:21 PM
    BTW.. I knew a "Heavy Fluid" in the Moto V3 undeground afew years back.
    What are the odds??
    I used Freebee as a screen.
    10-31-08 04:48 PM
    I am glad to see that this worked out. I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I never tested it on my phone, just made it and posted.
    11-01-08 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD