I had downloaded a theme to my phone. Its in my apps, but does not show up in my themes. Have done 3 soft resets, and still not in my themes. Can someone hve me a lil advice. Just want it to go in themes, so can use it. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 07:31 AM
    Same thing happened to me a while ago. I never figured it out so I gave up.
    Anyone have an answer for us?

09-07-08 07:42 AM
    The first thing I would check is to make sure the version of the theme you downloaded matches the OS of your phone.
    09-07-08 08:51 AM
    Was it an ota download? If not you would need to dl it to your cpu install it there then send it to your phone through dm.

09-07-08 08:54 AM
    I learnt that if you deleted any preset themes to clear space, related themes [similar layout] maynot show up
    09-07-08 09:24 AM
    Thanks all! Got it!

09-07-08 08:18 PM
    Thanks all! Got it!

Would you like to share how you resolved your problem?
    For the most part I don't have any problem with themes. I do have one that I have been unable to install.

09-08-08 04:39 AM
    Was my fault. when i went to download again, it was for different phone. i think it was for the 8300 and not my 8100. It will tell you everything when you hit the download. Thanks again all.
    09-08-08 06:27 AM
    I can't figure out how to get the themes I have downloaded to work...

After reading that it might have something to do with deleting preset themes to save space, I'm wondering how do I get those old themes back onto my phone???
    09-12-08 07:36 PM
    I can't figure out how to get the themes I have downloaded to work...

After reading that it might have something to do with deleting preset themes to save space, I'm wondering how do I get those old themes back onto my phone???
    Re-installing the OS will put them back. I made this mistake; got rid of themes that other themes depended on in order to work. I'm not sure though if there is a way to get the default themes back on w/O re-installing the OS. If there is, that would save a lot of time.
    09-12-08 07:42 PM
    Same thing happened to me a while ago. I never figured it out so I gave up.
    Anyone have an answer for us?

Net, if the theme you're trying to install is not compatible to your phones OS, it will not display in the themes. I am very careful making sure that the theme I have the hots for is ok for me to use.

I went against that and downloaded a theme that clearly wasnt for me and a simple uninstall took hours to figure out because it was more complicated than that.
    09-12-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD