06-23-09 04:04 PM
45 12
tools
    I liked the idea of making my own themes but was intimidated by plazmic at first. After taking the time to sit down and figure it out, its an interesting thing to try out. But, I think it helps to have an "artistic vision" so you know you're making something that you might not find for download somewhere else. I'm a huge fan of downloading a quality product already done by someone else!

But, I've still done my own themes cuz I want icons that aren't "like everyone else" and my own fonts and colors. (Warning, doing all-custom icons takes FOREVER!). But, once you have a lot of basic "stock" to work with, variations on a theme take very little time at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 02:40 PM
    I got that pending update confirmation on my BB messenger also, right after I upgraded my OS to 4.5. I just deleted everyone on the list and send them another invite. After the deleting and re-invite all is good with my messenger.
    Hope this helps you out a little.
    Wow...finally found someone with the same problem...

Although I don't think you needed to DELETE everybody on your list. You could still message them but it was a weird set up.

This pin confirmation update only happened when I did a battery pull or installed a new theme...

Was this the same thing that happened to you?
    11-27-08 04:32 PM
    I liked the idea of making my own themes but was intimidated by plazmic at first. After taking the time to sit down and figure it out, its an interesting thing to try out. But, I think it helps to have an "artistic vision" so you know you're making something that you might not find for download somewhere else. I'm a huge fan of downloading a quality product already done by someone else!

But, I've still done my own themes cuz I want icons that aren't "like everyone else" and my own fonts and colors. (Warning, doing all-custom icons takes FOREVER!). But, once you have a lot of basic "stock" to work with, variations on a theme take very little time at all.

I wanted to do that same thing but once I new I got started I'd NEVER stop. When I first got my BB I took days off from work just so I could spend some uninterrupted quality time with my BB...

And by the way...Does your BB have a full keyboard?

I'd like to see some of your themes...
    11-27-08 04:35 PM
    I wanted to do that same thing but once I new I got started I'd NEVER stop. When I first got my BB I took days off from work just so I could spend some uninterrupted quality time with my BB...

And by the way...Does your BB have a full keyboard?

I'd like to see some of your themes...
    haha. i knew you were special. days off....yup, you are right where you belong - with the rest of us addicts.
    11-27-08 05:08 PM
    haha. i knew you were special. days off....yup, you are right where you belong - with the rest of us addicts.
    I love my husband to death but unfortunately I couldn't take a 'vacation day' from my marriage and he took the fun out of it because he kept telling me, and I quote "Put that #$#$#$ phone down!" and then he chases me around the house trying to grab it lol

So on those days I had 8 pleasant uninterrupted hours with my Curve.

You'd get the picture
    11-28-08 10:56 AM
    I only got the 'pending' message when I installed my 4.5 OS. No problems when switching theme to theme, or any other way.

Good luck with you theme, I keep an eye for your post
    11-28-08 03:12 PM
    My theme's are alright I was just debating on whether or not I should make my own...
    11-28-08 04:59 PM
    Give it a shot, you never know what you can do unless you try it.

I am glad that I tried. My themes are not perfect, but they are just how I like them. My wife also likes the themes I make for her.
    11-28-08 05:59 PM
    Give it a shot, you never know what you can do unless you try it.

I am glad that I tried. My themes are not perfect, but they are just how I like them. My wife also likes the themes I make for her.
    I'm tempted....I'm tempted...****, I'll try one!

Give me the skinny...what exactly do you need to DL to make one of those babies. Are they Desktop or OTA downloads...
    11-29-08 12:41 PM
    Does any one have a tutorial to get started? I have ideas and have started playing but would love a tut.

11-30-08 09:00 AM
    I'm tempted to try too, but not sure that I'll really have the talentan or more importantlyan the patience to do a succesful one. Hmmmm maybe on a few days off I'll be tempted to try.

11-30-08 09:16 PM
    Does any one have a tutorial to get started? I have ideas and have started playing but would love a tut.

The best way to learn how to make them is to play around with it. I suggest reading the User Guide in the Help section in the theme builder. This will give you everything you need to know about creating your own themes. Have fun, and be careful..they are addictive!!
    12-01-08 08:32 AM
    There's always something I don't like about the themes other people make. So that pushed me to make my own. As a result I've created what is the best theme for the Curve for me that I have seen so far, obviously since I know what I want.

It doesn't take that long in general, but what does take a lot of time is creating icons. If you are using an existing icon set then it doesn't take much time at all.
    12-01-08 01:16 PM
    Okay I am trying to find a custom theme for my 8330curve. I have no clue how to make them or even try. I own my own tattoo shop called bio hazard tattoos. I am looking for a theme that has a bio hazard background and custom icons. Pm if you can help.

01-07-09 06:08 PM
    I just started making my own themes...its hard and I seem to have alot of questions but now that I know a bit more I am very proud of the work that i did do...
    01-07-09 06:45 PM
    I've just started making my own themes as well. Plazmic makes it at least possible but it's slow going. It's also addictive! I'm not yet proud of my mine but I'm getting there. The biggest problem is finding/creating icons to suit your theme.

Ashleylucas525's theme was an eye opener on creative you can be. If you've not seen it, I recommend it.
    01-22-09 11:58 PM
    One day ill start making my own. Right now i got about 6 themes. The most I've ever had at once was probablly like 15

01-23-09 03:24 AM
    To those of you who are unsure about making your own themes. Download Plazmic, [ plazmic ] and give it a shot. The worst thing you can do is make a bad theme, but at least you tried. The resources are out there, you just have to find them.

Here is a list of the programs that I use to make my themes.

On my Mac, I use Toyviewer for basic resizing of wallpapers, creating transparent images, etc. I use GIMP to resize icons. I also use a thumb drive to store all of my icons, bars, overlays, etc on. I move that between my Mac, and my wifes Toshiba laptop.

On the laptop, DM and Plazmic are installed. I just open up the external drive, and use the files there while creating a theme.

Once you play around with it, you will start learning what you need to do to create a theme that you like. There are several threads on several different forums on how to create good ones.
    01-23-09 02:18 PM
    I was wondering if there was a way to tweak a theme. I have the cod files, but I don't have a program to read them.
    01-28-09 11:14 PM
    okayy so i wanna monster energytheme. i want it to be like plain. (if ya know what i mean) but i want it for a bb 81xx. and i wanna download it to my desktop. not ota. thanks guys!!
    06-23-09 04:04 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD