Hi. I'm looking for icon sets, but when you google, you of course get some pretty shady looking sites and I am paranoid of viruses set. Are there any theme makers out there that have favourite sets they like to use and wouldn't mind sharing the source?
    I'm trying to build for the 8900, if that makes any difference at all.
    I've downloaded more than my share of wonderful free themes here and would like to contribute if I can...

I like pink icons and like my icons to actually represent the application it's intended for. To me, icons are useless if you don't know what they're for!

Dina
    Last edited by Deebers; 11-26-09 at 09:35 PM. Reason: more description
    11-26-09 09:33 PM
    Google 'free icon sets' and there are loads of them you can get

Most are iphone style buttons but can find lots more to use

I have never downloaded anything dodgy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:58 AM
    Try here PNG Icons & Icon Packs Download | IconsPedia - Free Icons if you have found any of interest please post a link back as well. Thx
    03-16-10 01:14 PM
    Let me just say be careful. Actually, not be careful, but be respectful. Many of these icon sets are personal use only.
    Even the iPhone ones you see are for the theme they were specifically built for and not legally allowed to be altered, redistributed, sold, or used in free work.
    Unless it clearly states the themes may be used for commercial/non commercial purposes then and only then can you use them and distribute.
    If it doesn't, contact the person who made them and ask, I've done this a few times and received permission.

03-17-10 03:39 AM
    I did pay close attention to that, and that is a good point. I was originally looking for something to create for my personal use and meant no disrespect to the developers at all. Most of my future theme work will be around stock icons unless I locate icons that I can pay a license for, but that is a long long ways out.
    03-18-10 12:00 AM
    I did pay close attention to that, and that is a good point. I was originally looking for something to create for my personal use and meant no disrespect to the developers at all. Most of my future theme work will be around stock icons unless I locate icons that I can pay a license for, but that is a long long ways out.

you can buy licenses for icons at dryicons.com

he creates them and allows you to distribute them for free, but if you want to sell them, you have to purchase a license. 14.95 isn't a bad deal.
    03-18-10 10:19 AM
    Thank you rgarling, that is exactly what I was looking for and $15 is very reasonable. First I need to fully understand how to create a theme worth using
    03-18-10 05:10 PM
    Thank you rgarling, that is exactly what I was looking for and $15 is very reasonable. First I need to fully understand how to create a theme worth using
    i haven't found a tutorial for starting out, i just jumped right in. although i have found a couple tutorials on resizing icons and creating a hidden dock in composer.
    03-20-10 09:45 AM
    rgarling, could you point me in the right direction to those tutorials. I have been messing around with Theme Developer and get the very basics, but hidden today and resizing icons would be a good start. Thx for your help.
    03-20-10 04:00 PM
    Google "pinstack resize icons photoshop" and it should be the first one. Its a pinstack. com tutorial.

For the hidden dock google "how to make a hidden dock in composer" and search for the one that's from blackberrysoftware. com.

03-22-10 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD