I hear that it is time consuming to make a theme for Blackberry, but what I am wondering is if its difficult?

Do you need special software? And do you need to be really smart with technical stuff (computer and Blackberry wise)?

Just wondering thats all. I thought I might try to make a theme or two. But I don't want to get in over my head. So just let me know your opinions or thoughts please.

Thanks for your time.
    07-08-10 09:13 PM
    BlackBerry - Theme Studio. Create Cell Phone Themes with BlackBerry Theme Studio

This is what you need, some time, some patience, and some trial and error. You won't make one right off the bat. It isn't too hard though, just depends on what you want to tackle. If you just want to change a few colors and icons, not bad. If you want to make your own hidden dock with 5 rotating home screens, that will be much harder.
    07-09-10 09:43 AM
    Thanks for your help. I'm not looking to do anything too fancy. So I'll try it out.
    07-09-10 04:02 PM
    composer is really fun because it opens up a whole new world to manipulating how the buttons look and the interaction with the back ground.

for example, you could have the default theme with that road/cloud image and when you hover over a button, have a car appear on the road, and then disappear into the horizon when you activate.

but all this requires a little knowledge of flash and how it works.

i've been playing with composer myself and am having fun.

make sure if you do play around that you use the simulator for your phone.
    07-15-10 08:04 PM