11-21-08 11:23 PM
41 12
tools
    Did you take the ugly jeep theme and try to alter it to something more to your liking?
    Yeah check post #21, i put some sample screen shots. Still learning how to mix the background with a readable font...
    08-16-08 08:24 AM
    I was able to do a color overlay on the background. Did a transparent black so that it darkened the background up a bit, so not the icons and text should be move visible!

I attached some screenshots of it. I still want to change the icons around, just haven't gotten around to that part yet. Hope my first newbie theme looks okay!

(Feel free to give me any pointers)

Edit: I'd be more than happy to put this theme on here so you can download it, but it wouldnt accept the attachment.
    Last edited by srd05c; 08-16-08 at 10:54 AM.
    08-16-08 10:13 AM
    Yeah check post #21, i put some sample screen shots. Still learning how to mix the background with a readable font...
    Not trying to start anything here- just want to give you a heads up.
    Most, if not all, of the theme makers, esp from the site you got that one from, are very protective of their work. There have been many theme makers that have taken their themes down from sites because of what people do with them.

Before taking anothers theme and making modifications, you should contact the maker of that theme and ask their permission; since you're not the one who created it. Because fact of the matter is, once you're finished modding it, you'll post it as your own; when it wasnt yours to start with.

Hope you understand.
    08-16-08 02:22 PM
    Brace yourself... here's mine
    Nice TJ! i got a 93 Grand that I wheel... I would love to find a decent theme...

Here's mine....

Last edited by snowboarder61; 08-22-08 at 12:19 AM.
    08-16-08 10:54 PM
    Point taken. Except I didnt take any ideas from that guys theme except the fact that its jeep related. I have been with jeeps for over 10 years.

I did take the jeep logo from jeep, whhooops!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 11:29 PM
    Nice TJ! i got a 93 Grand that I wheel... I would love to find a decent theme...

Here's mine....
    Here's my 01 XJ Sport, 3in Lift, 31" Swampers, Bushwackers, 9500lb winch, custom winch bumper, safari snorkel, and the list goes on.....
    Last edited by JGrams414; 08-21-08 at 12:41 AM.
    08-21-08 12:36 AM
    Here's my 01 XJ Sport, 3in Lift, 31" Swampers, Bushwackers, 9500lb winch, custom winch bumper, safari snorkel, and the list goes on.....
    ohhh man that looks like fun... nice jeep there
    08-21-08 11:47 AM

Here's mine....
    niiiice! i used to have a grand cherokee too
    08-21-08 11:49 AM
    I was able to do a color overlay on the background. Did a transparent black so that it darkened the background up a bit, so not the icons and text should be move visible!

I attached some screenshots of it. I still want to change the icons around, just haven't gotten around to that part yet. Hope my first newbie theme looks okay!

(Feel free to give me any pointers)

Edit: I'd be more than happy to put this theme on here so you can download it, but it wouldnt accept the attachment.
    Hey!! awesome job!

I have a friend who is OBSESSED with Jeeps. Has his own offroad rig... which he drove to his wedding in.... AND recently purchased a Kaiser to rebuild.
    Anyways!

I bet he would love to get his berry decked out with your theme!! Anyway that it can be posted or something???
    08-21-08 04:12 PM
    niiiice! i used to have a grand cherokee too
    Thanks! they're fun to wheel.... did you ever wheel yours?

Anyway, if you ever get your theme done, post it up... i'd love to rock a jeep theme.... i tried, but dont have much time to customize it too much!
    08-22-08 12:11 AM
    That looks fun.... nice xj! our mud out here, is thick so it's not so fun to clean out the engine bay... lol stick to everything...

you on jeepforums?
    08-22-08 12:23 AM
    someone get me a good jeep logo wallpaper and your theme will be made just have to gimme 2 or 3 days.
    08-22-08 12:36 AM
    Best bet is to go to google and search images just put "jeep logo" it will come up with a ton of images... I have a few on my laptop, but my wireless card went out, so I can't email and add them..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 02:03 AM
    someone get me a good jeep logo wallpaper and your theme will be made just have to gimme 2 or 3 days.
    here's a few jeep logo's and pics for you to start with... i made a jeep highlight banner thing too and put it in there... it's one i made when i was going to start on making one but never got around to finishing it....
    08-22-08 05:26 AM
    Well here is where my theme currently sits. I am using it as the today theme, but exported the zen theme as well. Let me know what you like/dislike about it! I'm planning on customizing the icons as well.

Thanks!
    Last edited by srd05c; 09-26-08 at 09:58 AM.
    08-22-08 11:41 AM
    Did anyone ever end up making one?
    11-21-08 11:23 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD