06-24-08 07:29 AM
131 ... 23456
tools
    to bad i cant download it OTA .... we got left out...
    05-21-08 09:39 PM
    ZMan - great looking theme you have put together here.

I do like the look of this, but I am a TodayPlus user and love that functionality.

What was the reason for surveying users in the other thread on the top six apps they use? Are the apps on the top row fixed?

What is the black bar going across?

Any chance you could put together a YouTube video showing how it works?
    05-22-08 07:37 AM
    to bad i cant download it OTA .... we got left out...
    I believe you can download OTA cause I did!
    05-22-08 08:45 AM
    This is the best theme I have used and the first that I have ever paid for.

I would only ask that you remove the "blackberry" header in the browser.

Otherwise, nice work.
    05-22-08 11:25 AM
    This is the best theme I have used and the first that I have ever paid for.

I would only ask that you remove the "blackberry" header in the browser.

Otherwise, nice work.
    Thank you very much. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I appreciate the comment too, it helps me out a lot.
    05-22-08 11:27 AM
    It's slick. I don't generally like icon themes, and seeing the view of the top row of icons I thought this was not an icon and some sorta crazy Zen-ish-on-top theme I'd never seen lol

I would say that "clarity" is the closest standard font that would match.
    haha, explains why i haven't noticed this.

Yes, Viig is all I can see when I open up Viigo, and I could do without the 'Blackberry' up top.

As a whole I like it and this should see regular rotation, especially if the few minor issues are cleared up.

btw, on my download the media player was the right end piece but i'm assuming this is a curve thing?
    Last edited by km2783; 05-22-08 at 12:33 PM.
    05-22-08 12:24 PM
    this is super nooobish, but how the heck do I change the wallpaper?

And what's the process to install the red wallpaper from Chaz in post #26?
    05-22-08 01:59 PM
    this is super nooobish, but how the heck do I change the wallpaper?
    Locate the picture on your device through media that you would like to use as your wallpaper...then click menu.....and set as home screen image.

And what's the process to install the red wallpaper from Chaz in post #26?
    Go back to post #26 right click and save picture as......connect your berry via usb to your pc, open the folder containing your memory card and save the picture into your pictures folder. Then follow the above process
    05-22-08 02:17 PM
    dude, thanks! makes total sense now!!
    05-22-08 02:32 PM
    dude, thanks! makes total sense now!!
    yaaay, I help another !
    05-22-08 02:53 PM
    Like the theme however I'm having the same problem of seeing the icons in the folder. It may help you to know that when staring at the apparently blank contents of the folder, if you hit the END CALL key, the icons show up for a split second... Sometimes they come up after it sits there for a while as well...
    I agree I'd like to be able to choose the "most used icons" on the black bar if possible... or get rid of the black bar altogether and just have the top row reserved for draggable icons... as many as you want if possible without the auto shifting of them to fill the space. Not sure that would even be possible.
    I'd also like to be rid of the Blackberry header in the browser.
    Of course the font size on some labels as well but most of these have been mentioned elsewhere.
    Other than those things it's really cool! Good work and thanks.
    Looking forward to the update.
    05-22-08 03:12 PM
    I think the carrier not showing up is a CDMA vs GSM thing.
    ZMan, not sure if this helps with the carrier name showing up, but my "low battery" message shows up in that space just fine.
    05-22-08 03:20 PM
    ZMan, not sure if this helps with the carrier name showing up, but my "low battery" message shows up in that space just fine.
    I'm thinking it's a Verizon/Sprint thing because no one else seems to be having any trouble showing the carrier. I'm not quite sure, but I think everyone who's had this problem is on either Verizon's or Sprint's network. Go figure.
    05-22-08 03:28 PM
    I purchased and installed. A few questions and comments:

Why the big phone icon? I don't see why anyone would use a phone icon anyway. Isn't touching the green phone button the same exact thing? And that is on your keyboard - always. So why waste an icon, and also make it so big? Am I missing something? And you can't remove it from the top bar or it makes the whole thing look off with the top bar incomplete.

For those who are wondering, that whole top bar is just 6 specific icons (Phone, BB Messenger, Browser, Address Book, Calendar, and Media) with the black bar(background) incorporated into the individual icon. The six icons laying next to each other make up the bar. So if you don't want any of those 6 icons on top, your whole top bar is broken up.

Because the Media icon is shaped/curved to form the right end of the bar, you really can't move it anywhere else on the bar either. The others you can move around. But (IMO) the phone icon really only looks good on the far left.

The "Blackberry" header in the browser is an issue - it takes up part of an already small browsing screen.

And when I add a folder and add icons to it, I CAN see the icons when I go to that folder, unlike many others have noted above. Folders work fine for me.

Overall, the appearance of the theme is tremendous, especially with the red wallpaper Chaz posted. The best I've seen. And if you are OK with not having YOUR favorite icons on the top bar, then this is about the best Theme out there. But if you like to choose what icons are the most readily available (on top), then you may not be happy. It's going to take some getting used to for me not having the apps I use the most on top.
    05-22-08 03:29 PM
    I purchased and installed. A few questions and comments:

Why the big phone icon? I don't see why anyone would use a phone icon anyway. Isn't touching the green phone button the same exact thing? And that is on your keyboard - always. So why waste an icon, and also make it so big? Am I missing something? And you can't remove it from the top bar or it makes the whole thing look off with the top bar incomplete.
    You are correct in that you can just touch the green phone icon and get the same result, however, rarely do I - personally - touch my green phone icon to get to that screen b/c my thumb is permanently attached to the trackball. I don't know what happens, but every time my thumb gets close to that trackball it's automatically pulled right to the daggom thing. I even tried to touch it with another finger and there's some kinda forcefield around the green phone icon unless you're actually answering a call. It's the darndest thing.

For those who are wondering, that whole top bar is just 6 specific icons (Phone, BB Messenger, Browser, Address Book, Calendar, and Media) with the black bar(background) incorporated into the individual icon. The six icons laying next to each other make up the bar. So if you don't want any of those 6 icons on top, your whole top bar is broken up.

Because the Media icon is shaped/curved to form the right end of the bar, you really can't move it anywhere else on the bar either. The others you can move around. But (IMO) the phone icon really only looks good on the far left.
    You are correct here as well. That was a very good explanation - better than I can give to most people.

The "Blackberry" header in the browser is an issue - it takes up part of an already small browsing screen.

And when I add a folder and add icons to it, I CAN see the icons when I go to that folder, unlike many others have noted above. Folders work fine for me.

Overall, the appearance of the theme is tremendous, especially with the red wallpaper Chaz posted. The best I've seen. And if you are OK with not having YOUR favorite icons on the top bar, then this is about the best Theme out there. But if you like to choose what icons are the most readily available (on top), then you may not be happy. It's going to take some getting used to for me not having the apps I use the most on top.
    That was a very detailed and worthwhile review. Thanks so much. I know others will find it helpful when they're deciding to whether or not to purchase. I'm glad you like the theme. Hopefully with the next one I can figure out how to un-attach my thumb from that darn trackball
    05-22-08 03:40 PM
    The ONLY things I DON'T like is :

1. My stuff wont show up in the folder if i make a new one
    2. There isnt something for the calender that reminds u that u have an appt or something. It would be great to have something pop up like when u get an email or sms just reminding you that you have stuff to do !
    05-22-08 03:44 PM
    You are correct in that you can just touch the green phone icon and get the same result, however, rarely do I - personally - touch my green phone icon to get to that screen b/c my thumb is permanently attached to the trackball. I don't know what happens, but every time my thumb gets close to that trackball it's automatically pulled right to the daggom thing. I even tried to touch it with another finger and there's some kinda forcefield around the green phone icon unless you're actually answering a call. It's the darndest thing.

You are correct here as well. That was a very good explanation - better than I can give to most people.

That was a very detailed and worthwhile review. Thanks so much. I know others will find it helpful when they're deciding to whether or not to purchase. I'm glad you like the theme. Hopefully with the next one I can figure out how to un-attach my thumb from that darn trackball
    I totally agree with having the Phone Icon in the top bar as a waste of the most valuable space. I hide mine along with the actual messages folder as I like to go in account by account to read my messages. I would love it if you had a version with a different set of icons in the mix for those of us who use the green phone key instead of the icon. I rarely use BB Messenger also.

I have to give the ZMan very high ratings for thinking outside the box and developing a great looking theme. I did dive in and purchase it, but I am luke warm as to actually using it as my full time theme. Right now I am leaning more towards my TodayPlus or the Precision themes on my BB8800. Your icons are super crisp, different than most iPhone theme icons and your top bar is probably the nicest one I have seen to date.
    05-22-08 04:28 PM
    I have been using this theme and its great. There are a few things I would like to see if possible. First when I opt for a different wallpaper it fills the screen (awesome), but when I lock my BB it shows the original wallpaper and not the one I chose. I would like to see more of the core apps as selectable for the black bar group of icons. This way users can customize it on their own, that is if its even possible.

I was wondering if you have any plans to offer a Today Based Theme and if you will be creating one for the BB Bold (9000) series. This will really look great there. The icons look awesome as well.
    05-22-08 05:01 PM
    I took another shot at making this them active and it is growing on me. I will go through the next day or so to see how I feel.

I found the bluish 9000 background and made it active - my screenshot is attached - it is cool.

I am also attaching the browser picture to show how much space the Blackberry bar takes up - if this could be removed it would be better.

I am glad that ZMan put the account name in with the email folder. It gives those of us a reminder of which window we are in when opening a folder.
    05-22-08 05:35 PM
    I took another shot at making this them active and it is growing on me. I will go through the next day or so to see how I feel.

I found the bluish 9000 background and made it active - my screenshot is attached - it is cool.

I am also attaching the browser picture to show how much space the Blackberry bar takes up - if this could be removed it would be better.

I am glad that ZMan put the account name in with the email folder. It gives those of us a reminder of which window we are in when opening a folder.
    mdlissner,

I really like the blue. I was using a free theme, windowsvista8800 before this one. iVista is 10 times better, but I miss the blue background. Is changing the background hard to do? I'd like your background with iVista.

Steve
    05-22-08 08:26 PM
    Steve,

I have about 100 wallpapers on my storage card and you can go into the media then pictures then my pictures and goto the folder where your wallpapers are. Select the one you want and press the flying D's key (apps key) then select set as a homescreen image. Your all set. Its simple to restore it by going to the same folder and press the apps button and reset homescreen image.
    05-22-08 11:09 PM
    mdlissner,

I really like the blue. I was using a free theme, windowsvista8800 before this one. iVista is 10 times better, but I miss the blue background. Is changing the background hard to do? I'd like your background with iVista.

Steve
    See attached. Enjoy the background image.
    05-23-08 05:42 AM
    ppcmd, mdlissner,

Thank you for the instructions and the wallpaper. I will work on it this morning. Doesn't sound too difficult. Thanks.

Steve
    05-23-08 06:03 AM
    Boy that was easy. Now I have iVista with the blue background. A perfect combination for me. Thanks again mdlissner and ppcmd. This is my first Blackberry and after about a week, I am finding this to be an amazing device!

Steve
    05-23-08 06:14 AM
    The ONLY things I DON'T like is :

1. My stuff wont show up in the folder if i make a new one
    2. There isnt something for the calender that reminds u that u have an appt or something. It would be great to have something pop up like when u get an email or sms just reminding you that you have stuff to do !
    This is more for Zman, but I had the same problem. BUT I was trying to open the folder I'd created again and got a phone call at work yesterday. When I got back to my Curve, it had loaded.

I just tried it again and the programs in the folder do load. For some reason, it takes close to a minute to populate the screen. *?* See if that doesn't happen for you, USAW.
    Last edited by berryBay; 05-23-08 at 06:50 AM. Reason: clarification
    05-23-08 06:49 AM
131 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD