To get the new experience on your BlackBerry tips.

SHORT VERSION:

1. Plug in your USB cable to connect the 8300/8800/8100 to the computer.
    2. Open where your Blackberry is in MyComputer via media card.
    3. Create a New Folder and call it "Themes", before also im trying to created a "theme" to open the theme.jad file that i export to.
    4. Right click the folder, click "extract all" theme of jad and drag it to the Themes folder. Save them in this folder. When your done, all your files should be in that folder.
    5. Unplug your Blackberry.

To check:
    1. Select "Media"
    2. Press the BlackBerry button (seven black dots)
    3. Select "Explore" from the menu.
    4. Select "Media Card"
    5. Select "Blackberry", ( Find your folder you created ).
    6. Select "Themes",Once in that folder..find the .jad file and select it.
    7. Select "download" and the theme will install. then done..
    8. Select "End Key"
    9. Select Opition>>theme, see lists of themes whichever you select.

These instructions worked for me.

NO NEED TO PLUG DM! but plug into your blackberry!

Hope this little help!

Please leave feedback if you wish and Good Luck..
    Last edited by FARBES; 05-27-08 at 11:06 PM.
    05-26-08 08:52 AM
    genius! it worked!
    Last edited by austo777; 12-17-08 at 02:33 PM.
    12-17-08 02:26 PM
    you do realize that step 7 in your instruction list is initiating the OTA functionality....... right
    bagsabhi likes this.
    12-18-08 08:41 AM
    It didnt work for me.. Says Download Failed.

"907 Invalid COD File not found"
    Last edited by AtlsFavoriteLady; 09-22-09 at 12:41 PM.
    09-22-09 12:38 PM

could be the theme having the problem ? which one do you have. and you followed the steps
    09-22-09 02:44 PM

I'm getting the same message
    10-15-09 02:11 AM
    its still giving me the 907 message... i had to download it via my mac because the file is a ZIP file os it needs to decompress first. Im trying to download a theme for my 8900 form blackberrythemes.net and i got all the cod files and the jad file in my media card in my themes folder and when i click the jad it starts to download but halfway in it tells me that it cant download and it gives me the 907 cod file not found message. Why is this? no one has been able to answer me and i want this theme super extra badlyyyyy
    11-06-09 05:02 PM
    There's another way as well, but you'll need Docs to Go on your BB.

When you find a theme you want, right click the OTA link and select "send link". It'll bring up an email screen to send a link.
    Copy the link and paste it onto a word document ('97-2003 Word only).
    Then plug in your BB and navigate to your docs folders, drag and drop the Word doc in there.

I have about 20 themes loaded on a doc, so I can switch out any time. When you click the hyperlink on the Word doc, it takes you to the OTA download page as normal.

For zip files, you have to drop the entire extracted zip folder into your BB docs folder - as the zip contains the COD files needed for the JAD file to work - this will solve the 907 COD file error (found this out the hard way after much seaching).

Hope this all helps!
    11-06-09 06:16 PM
    What insanity. Just a theme and all these pages and google has hundreds of thousands of people who can not get themes to install correctly.

I also get the COD error.

TOTAL INSANITY.

We are the beta testers for RIM.
    04-15-10 08:48 PM
    And this is on many phones, not just the Bold. RIM knows about this but does nothing.

Dell went down for this reason and so will RIM.

Onward to IPOD...
    04-15-10 09:02 PM
    The reason you would be getting error is you would need to download the file OTA.. The only thing the .jad file does is it tells the blackberry where to download the cod files.
    04-15-10 09:11 PM
    I did download the file OTA. I am told that the COD files are not available. I am not a techie and I don't understand why such a simple thing is SO DAMNED HARD for non techies!

It should not be this hard. A theme? Seriously, a theme? This hard to install?

Edit:

It's rather simple to install a theme into windows. RIM is unconcerned. Dell was as well. What happened to Dell? They have dropped like rocks and HP has taken over? Why? They listen to their customer base.

This issue is not only on the bold, do a search and see the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF USERS who can not do this and rather than complain, they just let it go.

I am going to let this phone go and NEVER BUY ANOTHER RIM again! And I will advise all I know not to either.

That's how pissed I am. A THEME FOR GOSH SAKES. I am amazed that the Blackberry users do not complain en masse over this issue. I am already unhappy with the LOW RING TONES ISSUE. AND RIM DOES NOTHING ABOUT THAT EITHER!!!
    Last edited by DerekTadman; 04-16-10 at 12:56 AM.
    04-16-10 12:51 AM
    Download Failed.

04-16-10 12:57 AM
    Hey everyone you have to move the files on the memory card.....NOT device memory...then its will download!
    04-20-10 08:03 PM
    If you get a "907 Invalid COD File not found" error, it means one of 2 things: either there is a problem with the files on the OTA host itself, or you're using a the WAP browser to install instead of the internet browser. The WAP browser cannot download the files correctly and therefore can't install anything OTA.

Also, as noted previously, the .jad file simply initiates the downloading of the actual .cod files which contain the theme (or app) you are trying to install. Downloading just a .jad file on a PC and saving it to your media card will be useless if additional .cod files are needed for the install. The process of downloading .jad and .cod files from a PC is outlined here:
    How To: Install applications and themes via OTA with or without using data | BlackBerry Rocks!
    04-21-10 10:19 AM
    Files that are zipped...but downloaded to your pc and unzipped can be placed on your phones memory card.

Go to the place on your PC where you unzipped the file select the folder....copy it to your memory card by selecting the drive it is occupying.

Unplug your phone.....go to media..menu...explore find the folder open it and locate the jad file.....

Download. wallah!
    04-22-10 11:45 AM
    THIS WORKED PERFECTLY. This was way easier than going through the bs of DM, just loaded it to a special folder on my media card and POOF, instant access. Sticky this!
    05-19-10 09:18 AM
    I know this is an old topic, but I tried this on my curve 8330 the theme would download but it won't show up in my themes folder. It shows up in the applications is there a way to move it to the themes or make it a theme?

I did a google search and looked through all the topics, it didn't have a solution to my problem
    05-03-11 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD