ok so i downloaded a couple of themes , installed them with the DM .. and they are not appearing on my BB .. i took the battery out to reset the phone after too .. didnt work .. any help would be appreciated . thanks in advance.
    04-13-08 12:21 AM
    First are you sure that they are made for your OS? second have you tried looking for them under options<advanced options<applications also.. make sure to edit the permissions to allow...
    04-13-08 12:55 AM
    Scroll to SETTINGS and then OPTIONS and then THEME.
    Click the theme, and then click ACTIVATE to initiate it.
    If you theme that you just downloaded is not in the THEME menu, you need to reboot your BlackBerry. You do this by unplugging the battery from your BlackBerry.
    04-13-08 01:05 AM
    hey thanks guys for the help ... ok so , i activated the theme in the advanced options/applications by allowing with permissions .. reset the blackberry / rebooted it by removing the battery , and re-installing it ... and still nothing .. i must have a different operating system on my phone than what the themes are for .
    04-13-08 01:30 AM
    When you are in Options scroll all the way down the list and select Theme, that is where you select and activate your theme. You shouldn't have to mess with anything in Advanced Options....
    04-13-08 09:37 AM
    ^ right .. sometimes the theme isnt even in there , after i installed it with the DM . So i'm assuming the versions are'nt compatible .
    04-13-08 06:22 PM
    I have this identical problem. I can install other themes, but not the Inspired 9000 theme from the CB store. It says its for an 8100, but on the application loader in Desktop Manager 4.3 it says "Pearl Inspired 9000 v1 4.2.2" and the description when highlighted says "A user defined 8100 theme for version 4.2.2" but the sticky on the 8100 forum says the latest OS version is 4.2.1.109 (The version I have installed). I don't understand how it could require an unreleased version of the OS? I am a newbie so maybe there is something big I am missing? Any help would be appriciated!
    04-13-08 09:02 PM
    OK. Nevermind... I am ***** of the year. I purchased "Inspired 9000 Today - Pearl 8100 OS 4.2.2/4.3" there is a seperate item named "Inspired 9000 Today - Pearl 8100 OS 4.2.1"... Thats what I get for being a noob i guess. Thank goodness for 30 day return policy. This fits right in with the wrong version explanation. Thanks a lot for the good info in this thread though, CB is awesome. I feel loved here.
    04-13-08 09:28 PM
    I recently installed the blackberry 9000 zen theme for my 8830, it works well but seems to have a few glitches. I bought it from this website and when I make or receive a call the background changes to white and the zen wallpaper no longer shows. Also some words are getting cut off in certain apps. for instance when I go to profiles, advanced... all of the profiles (vibrate, loud ect) are cut off on the bottom of the words. Was there an install problem or is it just the theme messing up?
    thanks
    04-17-08 02:55 AM
    I have also been having theme activation problems I have recenetly installed a couple themes to my bb pearl 8100 checked the os requirements found they were compatibille adjusted the setting in advanced setting to allow and rebooted the phone (unpluged the battery) still no theme there? Also it was downloaded using the bb not desktop. Thanks in advance
    12-28-09 11:58 AM
    If you need some good theme that correspond to to your phone os then go to "eveek.com"
    01-01-10 04:08 AM
    Hi there!

I have the same problems with my themes! I just bought the Keen theme from Elecite and downloaded - installed it with my BB but doesn't work! I have a BlackBerry Storm 9500 and I chose the option Storm 1 on the website....which is the correct version.

I can see it in "Applications" but not in "Themes. All accesses is on "Allow" but still don't work. I've installed "Inspirat Windows 7" and that one is working!!!

Can someone help me please?! Keep bothering Elecite for help but they're not answering my questions!

Thanks!

Mobile model: BB Storm 9500
    System OS: 4.7 (last update)
    Carrier: 02
    03-02-10 10:56 AM
    Make sure you downloaded the one with the right model, and elecite have a rep for giving out files for the the wrong OS
    03-05-10 06:22 PM
    Please read OS requirements. You MUST have OS 5.0 ONLY otherwise it will not work with your device.

Hi there!

I have the same problems with my themes! I just bought the Keen theme from Elecite and downloaded - installed it with my BB but doesn't work! I have a BlackBerry Storm 9500 and I chose the option Storm 1 on the website....which is the correct version.

I can see it in "Applications" but not in "Themes. All accesses is on "Allow" but still don't work. I've installed "Inspirat Windows 7" and that one is working!!!

Can someone help me please?! Keep bothering Elecite for help but they're not answering my questions!

Thanks!

03-06-10 04:03 AM
    Hi there!

the storm isnt on O2 in the UK, so im taking it your running an unlocked vodafone unit, in which case 5.0.0.451 is available for download from

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

so by upgrading the OS not only will the theme work but you`ll be on OS5 as well

(btw i work for vodafone uk so i know this is totally the correct firmware for ya )
    03-06-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD