I was wondering. I hate adding or changing themes because when I do, i have to through a half hour of changing icons around, adding folders, and rearranging the home screen to be useable, the way I have my other themes set up.

My question is, is it me? When you add a new theme, does everyone have to rearrange their screen and move everything around again and again?

Thanks....funny thing is ive had a BB for almost a year, and never asked or saw this asked.
    10-18-09 07:19 AM
    Yes, and this issue is also live in another active thread, FYI. You might want to search for it if you still have questions.

Basically the icon set is organized by the developer, so each theme you get is likely to be sorted differently.

Sounds like you're running a lot of apps if it takes you 30 minutes to resort yours. I just added a theme last night and spent maybe 5-7 minutes getting things perfect (and that's with quite a few apps.)

In any event, I hope that this answers your question. There is no way to "save" your personal order of icons and have that order applied to all themes.
    10-18-09 07:48 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate the answer and it does answer it. Thanks again
    10-18-09 08:16 AM
    thats cuz, yes everyone has to do that
    10-18-09 09:36 AM
    Understand that your BB will keep the theme organized once you do this should you switch between themes periodically as long as you don't remove them from your device.
    10-18-09 09:52 AM
    It is also why some theme developers use the exact same name for different versions of the theme. That way if you switch from a theme with no weather slot to one with the weather slot, you will not need to reconfigure from scratch again. You just need to download it again. Unfortunately if the theme goes away, you are stuck with the last version you had.
    10-18-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD