where does everyone get there icons from?????
    06-06-08 05:24 PM
    What icons are you talking about? Application icons? u have to download different themes, you can't just get different icons.
    06-06-08 05:28 PM
    when your making themes you cant just have no icons! where do you get your icons if your making a theme?! im curious where everyone gets there icons?
    06-06-08 05:39 PM
    Oh ok, I can't help u there i don't make themes
    06-06-08 05:54 PM
    you can download free icon packs that are for personal use from deviantart.com. i would message the maker just to let them know but when u go on there go to icons and find ones that are .png files cause .ico only works with icon packager
    06-06-08 06:07 PM
    Icons can come from several places for example:
    Google really-incredible-free-icon-sets
    Using them as icons on the Blackberry is another issue.

There is a thread on using icons with shortcuts on the BB desktop here:
    blackberry-web-shortcuts

This thread ended without a resolution and a lingering question about using the .alx,.cod,.jad and .jar files that are provided in zip file as I believe they would be required to actually use the application and support the /shortcut methods described.

Anyone want to finish this discussion on Blackberry Web Shortcuts and icons?
    06-06-08 06:09 PM
    You gotta be kidding me? Photoshop + your favorite images = all the icons you could ever want.

Just find out the size of the png files that your theme uses for icons. If you want, make them smaller or larger than standard for a different feel. For the themes I make I usually have smaller icons for the idle state and a slightly larger version of the icon for the focus state. With the appropriate shadings and shadows.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 10:53 PM
    typically (for a zen theme) icon sizes ar 48X36 just knock the image down to about 80%/90% of that size, give it a 3 pixel margin on the top and left ( this way you can add a glow effect if desired and gives a good ammount of space between icons) atleast that's my method :P
    06-11-08 12:28 AM
    Google

Hehe if u search long enough u'll find good stuff. Otherwise, I make my own
    06-11-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD