I have just bought iberry theme, bephone theme and real iberry blocks seeing as they are all 99c today - sunday 6th june 2010

This is MY review of them - it is my opinion so please take this into account!
    I am not intending to slag any of the themes off as they are all good in their own right, i am trying to help future customers get a better idea of all 3 top selling iphone apps and help them not to be disapointed

iBERRY - bold 9000 - os 5.0 - version 4.0

First impressions

It looks like an iphone with all the main icons being the same or very similar as the real thing.
    however some of the other icons are very random with the folder icons being mozilla thunderbird styled and some other icons which dont seem to represent what they are suppose to.
    there are 2 dots on the home screen indicating another page could be accessed but i have no idea how to access it, whether it exisits on the 9000 im not sure?
    the icons are 80x80 but look very large, they would be better as 70x70 with the canvas size as 80x80 so they dont look so big against the icon focus.

it is quiet fast and responsive however which is good!
    no screen transitions are present however which would have made it more iphone like with sliding screens and or zooming out and in from applications, this would have added some thing extra to the theme experience.

the call screen is a mac book styled wallpaper which is strange but the lock wallpaper is the iphone world wallpaper which makes up for it.

overall it looks about 60% like an iphone but i expected more from this top selling theme! maybe the storm version is better......

3/5 rating

BePhone - bold 9000 - os 5.0 -

first impressions are this looks slick and has lots more iphone style icons than iberry and the icons are smaller so they fit better against the screen

however the dark icon highlight is very annoying dont know why they decided on that!

there are 3 screens you can access from the home screen, scroll left to bring up a calendar and messages today feature, and scroll right to bring up 10 more icons.
    this is a nice feature although i wish it would just slide across rather than you having to click the arrow to confirm as it slows things down. whether this is possible im not sure!

the menus and cursors are brown in colour for some reason, not sure why as the iphone uses blue and white colour scheme, the brown kinda spoils the theme for me as it looks dull and boring,

the menu wallpapers are also all black which adds a slick look to it but it is kind of dull also.

i know this theme isnt meant to be a iphone clone so i cant knock it down for these faults.

overall this is a fast and responsive theme and has all the features you need plus some of the stylings of the iphone - overall better than iberry

4/5 rating

Real iBerry Blocks - bold 9000 - os 5.0

first impressions

this theme is really really bad! im sorry to say but it clearly doesnt work properly!
    i downloaded the 9000 version for 4.6 and 5.0 , but it is NOT optomised for 5.0 and so spoils the looks and feel of the theme.

the home screen has a hidden today area on it which shows your unread sms and emails OVER THE TOP OF THE ICONS!! this is clearly a bug but it doesnt work properly!
    the screen also slides to the side which brings up a BLANK SCREEN WITH NO ICONS! this is clearly not working correctly either!

the menus are also brown in colour which is strange and doesnt look right, the menu size is also tiny and looks out of place!

i thought this theme would be the best iPhone type theme looking from the screenshots and info but it is not worth downloading even for free as my bold 9000 version at least doesnt work!

overall this theme has some stylings but it is not the most accurate iphone for blackberry theme as they claim

this is a shame as i know that jc gadgetbean is a great developer but on this case the theme isnt up to much!

0/5 rating

overall none of these 3 themes are iPhone clones as i would expect and so am little disapointed.

these are my views and i am sure you may have your own and your experience may be different.

I prefere my own ifone style theme which can be found HERE

they are worth downloading at a cheap price if you fancy a change of theme!
    06-06-10 03:50 PM
    1 - however the dark icon highlight is very annoying dont know why they decided on that!

2 - this is a nice feature although i wish it would just slide across rather than you having to click the arrow to confirm as it slows things down. whether this is possible im not sure!

3 - the menus and cursors are brown in colour for some reason, not sure why as the iphone uses blue and white colour scheme, the brown kinda spoils the theme for me as it looks dull and boring,

4 - the menu wallpapers are also all black which adds a slick look to it but it is kind of dull also.
    Hey, just noticed this post just wanted to touch on a few things.

1 - Dark highlight is gone
    2 - we did this as a catch as a lot of people tend to over scroll and will find themselves flipping between pages trying to get to an icon (trust me its been proven through our forge theme lol)
    3 - The cursors are supposed to be showing as a white if you are talking about the menu carat
    4- Yea we wanted to keep everything slick, on the app screen we had thought about using the world in the background but we wanted to keep it all looking like the homescreen (plus it looked odd only being able to see it between icons.

Thank you very much for the review of our theme though and comparing it head to head with the other iPhone themes that are out there.

Alex
    AHazDesigns
    06-15-10 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD