I usually refuse to pay for themes but while cruising Bplay's site I came across there new iBerry Eco themes and had to buy the Today Plus one. This theme rules!! The font on the today screen is plenty easy to read despite its small size and the icons at the bottom stay hidden until you scroll down to them... very cool trick. It even does a great job of taking icons from your programs and blending them into the theme. My one and only complaint is that the icons are tad small. Although I am sure that they will make them bigger for the storm (HINT HINT!!).

I guess I haven't been around long enough to post a link but I am sure that you will be able to find it over on Bplay's site.

*EDIT* I found a few issues. See my post below.
    Last edited by D_K; 11-24-08 at 07:48 PM.
    11-16-08 11:44 AM
    Yeah I literally just bought iBerry today plus from bPlay and I am impressed. I also bought iBerry 3G from Elecite which had a bit better styling but it ended up not having Messages on the home screen, fonts were huge and not changeable, and it just overall didn't work out. 5 minutes later I got the one from bPlay and was thoroughly pleased.

I usually don't buy themes either. The thing that bothers me about it is if you want their updates, you have to purchase the theme again at full price; a major rip-off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 12:51 AM
    Oh yeah, I also bought the Eco theme as well. Very different, clean, and simple.

11-17-08 07:29 AM
    How many lines are used for messages and calendar on the today screen? What I mean, is how many entries/messages are shown?
    11-17-08 09:56 AM
    I usually don't buy themes either. The thing that bothers me about it is if you want their updates, you have to purchase the theme again at full price; a major rip-off.
    Not true, just email their support with your order number.
    11-17-08 10:26 AM
    Is anything customizable on the theme? Font? Icon order on the botton?
    11-17-08 08:51 PM
    Is anything customizable on the theme? Font? Icon order on the botton?
    Yes, the bottom icon order is customizable. (All of Bplay's themes icons are customizable.) Some fonts are too. Not the main system fonts, but all the application fonts seem to be customizable. The main screen fonts are very easy to read with most any wallpaper including the theme's wallpaper.

11-18-08 07:39 AM
    Looks cool. I will have to try it out. Thanks!
    11-18-08 01:20 PM
    I usually refuse to pay for themes but while cruising Bplay's site I came across there new iBerry Eco themes and had to buy the Today Plus one. This theme rules!! The font on the today screen is plenty easy to read despite its small size and the icons at the bottom stay hidden until you scroll down to them... very cool trick. It even does a great job of taking icons from your programs and blending them into the theme. My one and only complaint is that the icons are tad small. Although I am sure that they will make them bigger for the storm (HINT HINT!!).

I guess I haven't been around long enough to post a link but I am sure that you will be able to find it over on Bplay's site.
    What's bplays site?

11-19-08 05:49 PM
    Can someone please verify how many calendar entries and messages show up on the home screen for this theme?
    11-19-08 06:05 PM
    It looks to be 2 entries on their site. The Today version, not Today Plus, shows 2 entries for each icon (Messages, Calendar, and Phone Log) and I'm sure the Today Plus version is the same.

Their site is Bplay: BlackBerry Games, Themes and Entertainment

11-20-08 07:31 AM
    Yep! I bought the iBerry Eco Zen, right before the Today Plus came out. I e-mailed them saying I had bought the Zen version and they sent me the Today Plus version for free! That's support!
    11-21-08 10:45 AM
    I bought it... I don't like how it changes the background color in messages and each message to green. Thats just me. Cool theme though.
    11-21-08 08:35 PM
    Alright, I found some issues.... argh.

So I have been messing with this theme for a while and still love it but found a couple of issues:

Minor issues:
    -The items kept in the Today view Messages list seem to be isolated to text messages but there seems to be no exact pattern to which ones it keeps and which it does not. Although new messages will always show there initially.
    -After selecting a message, hitting the end key does nothing. You need to hit the back key.

Major issues:
    -The menu for Facebook is light yellow text on a light blue background... damn hard to see.
    -When typing in the Search field in Google Maps, the text is white on a white background.... damn impossible to see.
    -The menu in MemoryUp Pro appears and disappears as you scroll through it.... damn hard to see.
    -The menu in Opera disappears as soon as you open it and flickers rapidly as you try to scroll through the invisible menu.... damn impossible to see.

BPlays stance at the moment is they will look into the messages being kept in the Today view but that they 'cannot guarantee the theme will work with 3rd party software.'

I am a Quality and Test Lead specializing in the validation of software platforms. So I do understand the issues with choosing which software packages you should test when looking for potential negative interactions on an open platform. But when it comes to Blackberry users there are some software packages that almost everyone has and if your Quality Team is worth a damn they should be testing on a phone with these packages.

Anyways, I'm holding out hope that they can fix these issues.
    11-24-08 07:47 PM
    Really? Wow good to know thanks =]

11-24-08 11:29 PM
    Can you change the background on bplay themes?
    11-24-08 11:43 PM
    Can you change the background on bplay themes?
    Yes you can.
    11-25-08 10:04 AM
    Major issues:
    -The menu for Facebook is light yellow text on a light blue background... damn hard to see.
    -When typing in the Search field in Google Maps, the text is white on a white background.... damn impossible to see.
    -The menu in MemoryUp Pro appears and disappears as you scroll through it.... damn hard to see.
    -The menu in Opera disappears as soon as you open it and flickers rapidly as you try to scroll through the invisible menu.... damn impossible to see.
    Just a few tips when making future theme purchases from them and/or other premium theme distributors...

1) If you use a lot of third-party apps that come equipped with lighter color menus/dialog boxes (e.g. Facebook and it's light blue menus), you might want to stay way from themes that use dark/black menus with light/white colored fonts. Chances are themes that use this combo will make viewing the menu font in many third party apps nearly impossible. The font color of the theme's original menus is (by default) carries over to many third-party menus.

2) Themes with transparent menus (by default) do not work well with many different third-party apps, most notable with Opera. 'Flickering' and disappearing menus usually occurs when using a theme with transparent menus with these certain third-party apps. However, this problem with transparent menus and third-party apps has apparently been fixed with devices running OS 4.6 or higher (Bold, Flip and Storm).
    11-25-08 03:28 PM
    Thank for the answers. Although that sucks because I love this theme.

One thing is for sure, if these guys ever had to deal with regs and the agencies that I have to when developing software, they would all be out of business by now.
    11-27-08 02:28 PM
    Well I really love the look of the eco theme, but can't bring myself to spend that much money on decorating my phone. Would anyone be willing to share the theme? I'm not sure if thats possible...I'm a new BB user. Let me know! thanks!
    02-16-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD